/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Green turban

glo
07-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Just a question.

Today I saw a young man with a bright green turban walk towards the masjid. It's not something I have ever seen before in our town.
So I would like to ask if it has a specific meaning or significance?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM
It means if you rub him he'll grant you three wishes..

Endymion
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Nothing special :) These are the followers of barelwi sect :statisfie

glo
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks Endymion. :)

Can you tell me more about the sect?
Most Muslims in our town are Pakistani. Are they likely to be part of this sect? I am asking because - as I said - I have never spotted a green turban around town before. It was very striking!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
07-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Not to rub,just say "Madinah" and he'll be there :exhausted

جوري
07-05-2012, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Not to rub,just say "Madinah" and he'll be there :exhausted
:lol: that only seems to work with state farm agents..

glo
07-05-2012, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
It means if you rub him he'll grant you three wishes..
I wish I'd known that when I saw him! ;D

Endymion
07-05-2012, 08:05 PM
If you'd know what three wishes he would grant you,you'll run and hide behind your apple tree

glo
07-05-2012, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
If you'd know what three wishes he would grant you,you'll run and hide behind your apple tree

Well, to be honest, my hubby might have a thing or two to say about it, if I started rubbing strangers in the street. With or without green turbans.
Now if he's come out of a bottle or an oil lamp, that might be different ... ;D

But seriously, what is this sect about? And is it common in Pakistan?

dqsunday
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Didn't Turkish Muslims wear turbins? It may be more cultural related too.

Endymion
07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Yup,it is very common in Pakistan and you can see them easy over here.They have a T.v channel as well on which their leader,Ilyas Qadree preach all the time.They basically follow Hanafi School of thought but they make it ALMOST all about innovation.They are called "Qadri" and if i tell you the real thing,we call them "Parrot" not because of the color they wear but majority of them have no knowledge they just keep repeating what their leader inject in their mind and it is ALMOST impossible to convince them.

glo
07-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks Endymion.

I am realising that this thread could easily lead to sectarian debates, so if the mods want to close it, that would be fine. I think my original question has been answered.

Endymion
07-06-2012, 08:37 AM
May be,but i don' think we have any of them over here.They usually keep theirsleves to their community :statisfie

Scimitar
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
The green turbans also are worn by the naqshbandi sect.

Scimi

Hamza Asadullah
07-06-2012, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Just a question.

Today I saw a young man with a bright green turban walk towards the masjid. It's not something I have ever seen before in our town.
So I would like to ask if it has a specific meaning or significance?

Thanks.
Greetings Glo,

There are some Muslims particularly of the Indian subcontinent who follow a type of sufism (so they are not of a different sect as there are only 2 sects in Islam) and they like to wear green turbans to show love for the Prophet (Peace be upon him) as green was one of his favourite colours but it is not a Sunnah as such to wear a green coloured turban as only white and black coloured turban is a confirmed Sunnah but to wear green is still liked as it was one of the Prophets favourite colours.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!