/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question which is bothering me

anonymous
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
As-salaamu alaikum,

This is something that got me all worked up earlier when I first noticed it, I have been trying to push it out of my head but it just isn't going and now it's preventing me from being able to concentrate on anything. I would really appreciate if someone can help me here and relieve me of my worries and anxiety:

Basically I had seen an Islamic relatively big( wall-hanging sized) frame with some Islamic verses on it and a pattern/drawing of a Mosque on it. In front of this frame were a couple of family pictures( in picture frames that is), and these were partially obscuring the Islamic frame. After seeing this arrangement, I immediately became worried and anxious, thinking that shouldn't be like that and it is a sin, because something is partially covering the Islamic frame. This was at another person's house and therefore I thought it would look really wierd to suddenly start moving around all these relatively big frames, hence left it, but now I feel I'm stuck in a hole.

At first I thought I am just overthinking/giving myself extra stress and anxiety for no reason, yet it continues to bother me even till now. I thought I must get this addressed soon before it becomes worse, so I would greatly appreciate all of your help, JazaakAllah. Am I going a little crazy or overthinking here? Is this normal to think in depth this much?

Wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

You saw Islamic picture that mixed with family photo, and it disturb your mind.

Why? because photography is haram?. Photography is Khilafiyah matter which Muslims are not in one stance (or opinion). Then what? afraid angel will not entering that house?. Weren't you say that house is belong to another person?. You are not living in that house, aren't you?. So, if angel could not entering that house, it's not your problem, and not your fault.

Bro (or sis?), I guess you are start learn Islam, and now you have big spirit of "amar ma'ruf, nahi munkar". You want to 'straightening' everything that deviate. That's good. But it's better if you know that there are many khilafiyah (contains diversities) matters among Muslims. And you must learn what attitude you should take when you see diversity in ushool, and when you see diversity in furu.

Muslims tolerate diversities that could be tolerated. In example, when Muslims perform salah jama'ah, there are Muslims who put their hands on belly, there are Muslims who put their hands on chests. But they perform salah together behind one Imam, and there's no problem. Of course, not every diversity could be tolerated. Salah 3 times a day could not be tolerated (this deviation was exist)

You don't need to go to that house. Everything that happen in that house is not your fault. So, don't thinking about that picture again. It's better if you focus in learn Islam.

Scimitar
07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You don't need to go to that house. Everything that happen in that house is not your fault. So, don't thinking about that picture again. It's better if you focus in learn Islam.
Couldnt have said any better myself.

Scimi

Muhammad
07-06-2012, 03:23 PM
:wasalamex

Are you the same person who posted here: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-too-much.html

If so, you should follow the advice for dealing with excessive whisperings and doubts from shaytan. May Allaah (swt) help you and protect you from all such waswaas, Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
I find that when I personally get an obsessive thought, that I substitute it with dhikr -- it really works and it drowns it in the background until it disappears completely and you'll gain the reward of two words that are light on the tongue and heavy in the scales..

anonymous
07-07-2012, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
I find that when I personally get an obsessive thought, that I substitute it with dhikr -- it really works and it drowns it in the background until it disappears completely and you'll gain the reward of two words that are light on the tongue and heavy in the scales..
AoA,

So by Dhikr you mean saying simple phrases like 'SubhaanAllah', 'Allahu Akbar', 'Alhamdulillah'?

anonymous
07-07-2012, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
:wasalamex

Are you the same person who posted here: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-too-much.html

If so, you should follow the advice for dealing with excessive whisperings and doubts from shaytan. May Allaah (swt) help you and protect you from all such waswaas, Aameen.
Yes I am, and I am really going through difficult times at the moment. I over-think every single thing, all through the day, there isn't even the smallest thing or task which I don't overthink about. How can I get rid of this problem of over-thinking? JazakAllah

ardianto
07-07-2012, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
AoA,

So by Dhikr you mean saying simple phrases like 'SubhaanAllah', 'Allahu Akbar', 'Alhamdulillah'?
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...vy-scales.html

Don't be hesitate to ask brother Hamza if you have question about dhikr.

:)

جوري
07-07-2012, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
AoA,

whatever type you like.. I usually start with .. La illah illa anta sob7anak inni kont min adhalmeen.. then sob7an Allah wa b7mdih sob7an Allah il3atheem..
it is comforting and the other stuff gets drowned.. I used to catch myself humming a bad thought away when I was a kid so I just substituted the humming for dhikr.. so much better and effective:

Ar-Ra'd (The Thunder)[13:28]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Allatheena amanoo watatmainnu quloobuhum bithikri Allahi ala bithikri Allahi tatmainnu alquloobu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!