/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need inspiration from Muslim athletes

Samiun
07-06-2012, 02:44 AM
:sl: does anyone know any good Muslim athletes out there that follow the Quran and the Sunnah while having a successful career? So far I only know few Muslim athletes like Yaseer al-qahtani, muhammad ali...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-06-2012, 05:08 AM
:sl:

if u mean sports personality , there are many.

Work for Jannah by doing good deeds instead of merely wishing for it. Jannah is deed-based not dream-based. ♥

{The photo shows Eric Abidal, French Muslim football player, reading the Qur'an, while he was on his way to South Africa for the World Cup. Three of the players on the French team are Muslim. This guy also bought a masjid in Spain to save it from being destroyed. Masha Allah. May Allah give him victory in both worlds & guide all Muslims to their Lord's Pleasure & Jannah! Aameen!}

ILoveAllaah

Muslim Woman
07-06-2012, 05:22 AM

South African Cricketer Hashim Amla Example of a True Muslim

South African Cricketer Hashim Amla has set up an example of a Practical Muslim Celebrity who is not only a great Cricketer but also a Complete Muslim. Hashim Amla follows Islam in his Practical Life as well as when he is on the Ground to play Cricket. Following are Some Examples which shows his greatness.

Few Years Back South African Cricket Board done a agreement with a Wine Company. Hashim Amla refused to wear the Shirt of South African Team that was having Logo of that Wine Company because Wine is Forbidden In Islam and he not wanted to become part of Promotional Campaign of that Wine Company by Wearing the shirt.. He paid $500 Dollars Fine every month for not wearing the Shirt with Wine Logo but he never wear that Shirt. Hashim Amla also refused to play in Indian Premier League (IPL) due to Vulgarity in that Tournament .

He would have easily earned millions of Dollars from IPL but he not done this because he was practical Muslim. Other Muslim Celebrities also need to learn lesson from Hashim Amla for whom Islam is more important than any other thing

http://islam44.blogspot.com/2011/04/...shim-amla.html

Samiun
07-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Jazakhallahkhairaa. I never heard of them before mostly because I don't watch football/cricket.. Are there any Muslim drivers you know of sister?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KnockKnock
07-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Look up the Abdullah brothers. I think they are giving up the NFL season next year for Hajj and Ramadan

ardianto
07-07-2012, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
South African Cricketer Hashim Amla
I have read about him, but I didn't know he is South African. I thought he is Pakistani.

Muslim Woman
07-07-2012, 04:26 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Sulman
Look up the Abdullah brothers. I think they are giving up the NFL season next year for Hajj and Ramadan

Abdullah brothers will take break for religious reasons

By Kyle Ratke, USA TODAY

Updated 2012-06-24 7:26 PM

Minnesota Vikings safety Husain Abdullah (39) intercepts a pass intended for Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Kellen Winslow (82) during the 2012 NFL season.

CAPTION
Bruce Kluckhohn, US Presswire

While brothers Husain and Hamza Abdullah have not retired, the two defensive backs will be taking the 2012 season off despite having job opportunities around the NFL. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press and Profootballtalk.com, the brothers will be taking the season off to pilgrimage to Mecca as part of their Islamic faith.

The Abdullah brothers have made their religion a priority throughout their NFL careers. During Ramadan, the brothers have fasted from sunup to sundown. Ramadan typically falls during training camp.

"I visited Makkah, Saudi Arabia in March and a strong sense of urgency overcame me to attend 'Hajj' in October," Husain said. "I love the game of football, but it would directly coincide with my pilgrimage. So, I'm taking some time off."
Safety Husain, 26, started in all nine games in which he appeared last season for the Minnesota Vikings, finishing with 44 tackles, a sack and an interception. The Vikings offered Husain a contract during the offseason, and he likely would have started for the team had he accepted.

He was one of the team's better defensive backs last season.
Hamza, 28, appeared in all 16 games last season for the Arizona Cardinals, mostly on special teams. He has played for three teams during his seven-year career.

Husain informed the Vikings of his decision. The team also has lost cornerback Asher Allen, who retired unexpectedly at 24 this offseason. It might be a difficult season for the Minnesota defensive backs against NFC North quarterbacks Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford and Jay Cutler.
Both brothers say they hope to return to the NFL in 2013.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...2-nfl-season/1

Muslim Woman
07-07-2012, 04:35 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
Jazakhallahkhairaa. I never heard of them before mostly because I don't watch football/cricket.. Are there any Muslim drivers you know of sister?

glad u liked the stories br.

Do u mean players who take part in car racing ?

~Zaria~
07-07-2012, 04:49 PM

I agree, Hashim Amla - MashAllah.

^^Wherever you may be or Whatever you do, Follow the Sunnah!^^

Ali_008
07-08-2012, 06:36 AM
:wasalamex

I don't know if German footballer Mesut Özil is a practicing Muslim or not, but he makes dua before and after every match.

Samiun
07-08-2012, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

glad u liked the stories br.

Do u mean players who take part in car racing ?
:wa: yes sister :)

Muslim Woman
07-08-2012, 05:07 PM

don't know if he is a practising Muslim .

Armaan Ebrahim

Armaan Ebrahim (Tamil: அர்மான் ஏப்ரஹிம்; born May 17, 1989) is a car racer from Chennai, India. He is the son of the ex-Indian F3 champion Akbar Ebrahim.

Armaan Ebrahim (Tamil: அர்மான் ஏப்ரஹிம்; born May 17, 1989) is a car racer from Chennai, India. He is the son of the ex-Indian F3 champion Akbar Ebrahim.

[edit] Career

Armaan Ebrahim started his career in karting and became Formula LGB Champion in 2004. He later moved to Formula BMW Asia for the 2005 season. During the same year he represented Team India in the A1 Grand Prix Championship, driving in 6 races, before the team was disbanded due to lack of funds. Armaan continued his racing during the summer in the UK, racing in the British Formula Renault Championship where he finished 24th in points. He again drove for A1 Team India in the 2006–07 season. In 2007 he also drove in Formula V6 Asia where he captured five race wins and finished second in points as one of only four drivers to compete in every round of the championship.

He drove for the DPR team in the 2008 GP2 Asia Series where he finished 26th in points.
On December 12, 2008 Ebrahim was announced as the first (and ultimately, only) Asian driver to sign up for the rebirth of FIA Formula Two in 2009,
driving car number six.[2]

He finished seventeenth in points, with two sixth-place finishes at Brno being his best results. The Formula Two website rated Armaan as the "Driver with the Best Race Form". On an average Armaan overtook 8 cars per race in Formula 2. The second best driver was Edoardo Piscopo who managed an average of 5.[3] Ebrahim returned to FIA Formula Two in 2010 driving for MotorSport Vision. He captured his first F2 podium finish at Circuit de Valencia and improved to tenth in points. He returned to the series and team in 2011 but left the series after twelve of the sixteen races. He had a best finish of sixth and finished 15th in points.
In 2012 Ebrahim will race in the American Firestone Indy Lights series for the new Fan Force United team owned by former IndyCar Series driver Tyce Carlson.[4]

Armaan is popular in the Indian media and featured on a special programme on national television with former F1 superstar David Coulthard, during the latter's visit to India in October, 2009.[5]
[edit] Racing record

[edit] Career summary

* Season in progress
† As Ebrahim was a guest driver, he was ineligible to score points

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armaan_Ebrahim

Muslim Woman
07-08-2012, 05:12 PM

NICOSIA -- Iran's best female racing car driver Laleh Seddigh was awarded on March 17 her International Racing Driving License during the BMW School Series at the Bahrain International Circuit in Manama.

Seddigh, a PhD student from Tehran, is considered to be one of the most promising-ever racing drivers in Iran. She has even outperformed the best male racing drivers in the country.

Seddigh's driving skills have earned her the nickname "a little Schumacher" after the German Formula One champion.

Asked by the BBC how men felt about her success, Seddigh, 28, replied, "Most of them, I think, are jealous, and I don't care about that."

"I am just going and going and hoping to be champion in the next years and I will really try to achieve that goal," she added.

Seddigh said that she hoped that her example would inspire more women to take up car racing. Indeed, the sport is seen to be attracting growing numbers of Iranian women.

Perseveranze
07-08-2012, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali_008
:wasalamex

I don't know if German footballer Mesut Özil is a practicing Muslim or not, but he makes dua before and after every match.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

In a football match, he was going to beat this other footballer up (David Villa) because he insulted Islam.

Though people say it's unlikely he insulted Islam, because in his team, there are 3 other Muslims; Abidal, Keita and Afellay. Allahu Allam.

And other Muslim footballers;

Muslim Woman
07-10-2012, 01:40 PM

ardianto
07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samiun
Are there any Muslim drivers you know
How about World Rally Championship?

- Nasser Al-Attiyah (Qatar) curently in 10th position (WRC)
- Yazeed Al-Rajhi (Saudi Arabia) curently in 19 th position (WRC)
- Abdulazis Al-Kuwari (Qatar) curently 1n 25th position (WRC)

And in Production WRC, Subhan Aksa from Indonesia curently in 3rd position. In 2012 Acropolis rally he finished second in P-WRC class and the third was Rifat Sungkar, Indonesian Muslim too.

ardianto
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Adrien Niyonshuti (Rwanda). Professional bicycle racer.

Adrien Niyonshuti is a survivor of Rwanda Genocide. He was 7 when Hutu extremists killed his six brothers. He was saved after he and his parents were hiding in bush.

He is known as devout Muslim. Still fast in Ramadhan although he did hard training six day a week for compete in 2012 London Olympic (mountain bike) where he finished at 39th position.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrien_Niyonshuti

http://teamrwandacycling.org/team/adrien-niyonshuti

ardianto
04-19-2013, 04:09 PM
New Muslim footballer.

Yesterday, Abanda Herman, a Cameroon footballer who play as defender in Persib FC Bandung, Indonesia, declared shahadah in masdjid Nurul Iman Bandung City and became a new Muslim with name Ahmad Abanda Herman.

Persib FC manager, Hajj Umuh Muchtar said "Abanda actually had long wanted to convert to Islam, but I gave time to him to reflect back on it, do not let him move conviction because of compulsion. But he did reveal that he was very serious and full awareness of heart wanted to embrace Islam. I welcome and emotion"

Abanda interested in choosing Islam because he saw in Islam all is set up in such a way like in prayers or doing anything. Moreover, he often saw his colleagues in Persib FC perform congregational prayers wherever and whenever they are, both being in Bandung and being out of town on tour.

"I'm glad to see my fellow perform congregational prayer, it made me interested to learn Islam. I realized that Islam is the perfect religion for mankind," he said.

ardianto
02-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Bump!

The 23 years old car racer, Rio Haryanto from Indonesia, will start his debut in Formula One with Manor racing. He will become the only Muslim racer in F1 season 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Formula_One_season

Rio Haryanto is known as car racer who always put sticker of Ayatul Kursi in his car like shown in photo below.

Kiro
02-18-2016, 05:51 PM
Umar Ibn Khattab hehe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!