/* */

PDA

View Full Version : zimbat

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Hello and peace to you all.
I am trying to understand more about Islam but struggle in some places..... help?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:32 PM
The question is:
a person trying to help islamic children is arrested for calling a teddy bear Mohammed
The teddy bear is imperfect so should not be called Mohammed
ALL human beings are imperfect#Therefore any person with the name Mohammed is an insult to Mohammed
????

Hulk
07-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't know enough about the situation to actually comment.

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:43 PM
I just don't understand that at all. I understand that the majority of believers have the name Mohammed or variants thereof, so how does that work?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
Why is this news? Why don't you try to fix all the problems in your backyard and in your churches first before asking us to comment on a situation that none of us are familiar with!
ugh

zimbat
Hi hulk

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:45 PM
I have no interest in fixing our churches, they are long past fixing

- Qatada -
07-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi zimat

here's a good start: http://islamreligion.com :)

جوري
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
ok then.. I don't know what teddy bears you're speaking of, the intent behind the naming or whatever else is used to provoke or elicit a reaction, as far as I am concerned it is a non question and a non intro.

best,

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Look, I admire your devotion, I wish christians had the same. don't get me wrong but sometimes it goes too far

جوري
07-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Everyone goes as far as they can get away with what's your point? We're not here to apologize to you for something you deem in your mind having gone too far especially that I guarantee no one here is even familiar with the incident you speak of!

best,

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:50 PM
the c of e is near dead in my opinion, but i sure don't know what to believe in anymore

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I am not seeking an apology, I just don't understand

zimbat
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
No offense intended, Quatada I'll check out your link, who knows what it might lead to!
I apologise for insensetive remark it has just bugged me for ages.

zimbat
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm sure most of uk citizens effectively hsve no religion, and fear those that do. Is that your understanding also?

Periwinkle18
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Hello welcome to the forum hope you like it here n learn lots n lots:)

zimbat
07-06-2012, 08:06 PM
I guess I'll bow out now, sorry if I've given offense,
enough said

Marina-Aisha
07-06-2012, 08:11 PM
i dont think everyone understood ur question i sure didnt lol..anyways here is very nice and helpful forum hope u find all the answers u looking for

Scimitar
07-06-2012, 08:13 PM
No!!!

Don't go bro... Stay. Dah. Again I was too darned late...

I guess I will type away in case you are reading...

Imagien if the situation was reversed, and it was a Chirstian group of children and you was a Muslim, and you named the teddy "Jesus". Although the name Jesus is not as popular as Muhammad, it is still used as a name - I know a 9 year old called Jesus. So... imagine this, you've named the teddy bear Jesus - and the parents of the children take offence at it because Jesus is the most important person in a Christians life - correct? So, when attributing his name to an inanimate object, a play thing, is seen as offensive.

We do not mock the Prophets, and if done unintentionally, we seek to understand why it is such an issue - this is why you are here. To understand. I hope I have opened up an avenue of thought exploration for you, so you may be able to deduce the answer on your own :)

Stick around my dear cousin, Zimbat. I have time to explain things :)

Scimi

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Greetings of peace,

Welcome on board!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself, God willingly..

You've come to the right place!

Endymion
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zimbat
The question is:
a person trying to help islamic children is arrested for calling a teddy bear Mohammed
ALL human beings are imperfect#Therefore any person with the name Mohammed is an insult to Mohammed
????
Hi Zimbat and welcome back to planet Earth.Guess you were on planet Miranda for the last 5 years for bringing back a really old topic.

Plz stop messing up the story.The teacher should know that making fun of the Prophet's name is unacceptable in Islam and the law of Sudan says the same where she was teaching the kids.Its not that bear is perfect or imperfect,its about naming a toy on the name of a very respectable Prophet.When European governments can ban a small piece of cloth,Muslim governments can also ban naming toys on the name of their very beloved and respectable Prophet.Simple as that.

This topic has been done in several forums and answered in a very good manner.You can search if you like and if you have anything new to discuss,you are welcome.

marwen
07-07-2012, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zimbat
There is a difference between 2 cases :
- case 1 : giving a [person/object/bear] a name similar to the name of a prophet (Mohammad, Moses, David, Jesus, etc).
- case 2 : presenting an object/person/picture/bear and by giving it the name of the prophet you intend to represent the Prophet by this object, like saying : "this object is Prophet Muhammed, or represents the Prophet, or IS the image of the Prophet ".

The first case is ok, because unlike the names of Allah, the names of persons are not exclusive. That means another person/object can have the name of a/the Prophet if you clearly assimilate that the 2 persons are different, though having similar names.

The second case is forbidden, because it represents or depicts the Prophet with imperfect objects or personage.

Last comment is : please stop picturing Muslims as a stupid community blindly attached to their persuasions, or overreacting without thinking. Try to understand the reasons behind why Muslims do not accept some actions, before you develop your arguments. That in case you are interested in learning about Islam.

Welcome to the forums.

Predator
07-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Welcome to the forum ,bro , Hope you enjoy your stay here

Signor
07-07-2012, 11:49 AM
Can you kindly explain what you want to know or us to answer?

Teddy bear Incident or Using Mohammed as Name

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!