/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Men Cooking

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

A bit of a simple question which I am curious about.

How many men in your family can cook (properly, curry and difficult dishes like what our amazing sisters can do) and at what age did they start cooking.

I am ashamed to say that I do not know how to cook, have tried to learn MANY times but still cant successfully cook a good dish the way my sisters do. They are true pros.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
:wasalamex

LOL

My eldest brother can cook absolutely deliciously. Truly amazing. He has a great palette and certainly applies it to his food! He learnt to cook since his teenage years, I think. And still does cook now and again, but his wifey does most of it.

LOL such a funny thread

Be sure to have interesting answers...

Adil
07-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Assalamu aleikum brother

In my family, me and my dad are the only one who can cook like mum.Dad used to cook when I was little and when my mom needs help.I started to cook at 15 but I was baking cakes and dessert then later on I started doing more complicated recipes like dishes from my home country.Now I'm 23 and I'm fully able to do any dishes that my mother makes.
It's very nice to cook its makes you more dependable.I do admit that my food taste good but I will never reach my mom quality and skills.
Inshallah you will learn.

Waleikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 01:03 PM
LOL

My eldest brother can cook absolutely deliciously. Truly amazing. He has a great palette and certainly applies it to his food! He learnt to cook since his teenage years, I think. And still does cook now anad again, but his wifey does most of it.

LOL such a funny thread

Be sure to have interesting answers...
^ mashALlah your brother sounds amazing.

One of my bros can cook, another two can put together fast food (indian style), My father was a chef like none you have ever seen, he was the master chef, he could chop some potatoes fry it and make your mouth water !

makes me ashamed, i think I might have to be a chef by next year.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adil
Assalamu aleikum brother

In my family, me and my dad are the only one who can cook like mum.Dad used to cook when I was little and when my mom needs help.I started to cook at 15 but I was baking cakes and dessert then later on I started doing more complicated recipes like dishes from my home country.Now I'm 23 and I'm fully able to do any dishes that my mother makes.
It's very nice to cook its makes you more dependable.I do admit that my food taste good but I will never reach my mom quality and skills.
Inshallah you will learn.

Waleikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

bro you are a boss for even cooking lol, dont even aspire to your moms level I dont think any of us are that ready :p

Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 01:06 PM
^^ The cooking genes (lol) might kick in later for you... But for now just enjoy the food cooked for you by your Mother and Sisters

Your Father and my Father were exactly the same. None could beat my father. His cooking used to beat my Mother's. ALWAYS

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
^^ The cooking genes (lol) might kick in later for you... But for now just enjoy the food cooked for you by your Mother and Sisters

Your Father and my Father were exactly the same. None can beat my father. His cooking used to beat my Mother's. ALWAYS
same, my fathers cooking made my mum jelly quite regularly

glo
07-07-2012, 01:12 PM
My husband and I share the cooking in our house. When I'm at work he cooks and vice versa.

My son is 15 and can cook brilliant meals for the whole family. He was really into cooking a year or two ago and was inspired by some of the TV chefs. Unfortunately he has lost interest, so now I need to be crafty to get him to cook for us - but he can when he wants to.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
My husband and I share the cooking in our house. When I'm at work he cooks and vice versa.

My son is 15 and can cook brilliant meals for the whole family. He was really into cooking a year or two ago and was inspired by some of the TV chefs. Unfortunately he has lost interest, so now I need to be crafty to get him to cook for us - but he can when he wants to.
so me question, o sister Glo :D, would be who cooks better, you or your husband?

your son makes me jealous lol

glo
07-07-2012, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
so me question, o sister Glo :D, would be who cooks better, you or your husband?
Depends who you ask! :D

your son makes me jealous lol
You can hire him for a small charge. LOL (But be warned, he is a grumpy teenager most of the time! :raging:)

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Depends who you ask! :D
OK ask your son via a third person who doesnt know your enquiring :p

You can hire him for a small charge. LOL (But be warned, he is a grumpy teenager most of the time! :raging:)
grumpy teenagers remind me of....

wait for it...

http://disney-clipart.com/snow-white...rfs/Grumpy.jpg

Haya emaan
07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
walaikumassalam

my father can cook.. if not like my mum but its amazing. he learned it when we shifted back to our homeland and he was left alone :-( but he cooks only when my mum isnt there.. my mum never allows any one else to cook niether any of us wants to when she is there for us:-p my father can cook food like biryani ,curry , daal and other such things. my bro's are not intrested in this stuff...

Ramadan90
07-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Many of us in our family learned to do the house chores VERY early, like when we were 5-6 years old. I learned to cook well when I was 11-12 years old. All of my brothers as well as me( except my little brothers who are 2 and 6) can cook food pretty well.

Its not THAT hard to cook. It only takes practice, practice and practice. Eventually you will be a master at it. :P

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 02:09 PM
My daddy cn cook he used to make amazing chicken karhai n my uncle makes Amazing shashlik. Daddy doesn't cook anymore well I would say guys here don't do anything :p except go out for work. :p

KnockKnock
07-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I can't even fix me a bowl of cereal without something spilling >:0

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sulman
I can't even fix me a bowl of cereal without something spilling >:0
LOOOOL

well said sir, well said

جوري
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
My bro. had us over for a BBQ last weekend and it was absolutely delicious.. he makes amazing dishes and likes to learn.. I love men who are self-sufficient as I do women who are self-sufficient ... isn't it best to be jack of all trades and not at the mercy of anyone? After all Allah swt did teach us everything.. it is already innately in us.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
My bro. had us over for a BBQ last weekend and it was absolutely delicious.. he makes amazing dishes and likes to learn.. I love men who are self-sufficient as I do women who are self-sufficient ... isn't it best to be jack of all trades and not at the mercy of anyone? After all Allah swt did teach us everything.. it is already innately in us.
hence why i feel embarassment for not being able to cook

Snowflake
07-07-2012, 03:06 PM
My Dad was an outstanding cook and did most of the cooking in our house. One of my bros makes a nice meat curry and rice but he uses Patak's masala for the curry for which I tease him by saying that's not real cooking lol. Then our youngest chef is my son Masha Allah. He was nine when he started baking cakes using cake mixes. Now at fourteen, he is able to fend for himself in emergencies by making fish fingers, beans, noodles etc (he adds garlic and spices to make noodles tastier) and recently I taught him to make a fish and chicken curry. Us women must make sure that we not only teach our daughters but also our sons how to cook. It's fun, but more importantly it's a life skill which means they will always be able to fend for themselves in whatever situation they're in.

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Aww dun worry you'll get hang of it, all you have to do is practice.

جوري
07-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Neither do I.. I got through grad school (was living alone) on sandwiches and the kindness of strangers :haha: however, I have been watching tons of cooking shows and bought a few simple cook books and I have made many great things.. I have also made many terrible things that sent people vomiting (except my dad) Since I am the baby he was never keen on hurting my feelings .. but he does hint sometimes in a desperate voice no please don't, take a break from cooking look the fridge is full al7mdullilah.. ;D

~Zaria~
07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

From a womans point of view:

Theres something very special about a man that can cook : )
Yep, we absolutely love it!

@ bro IbnAbdulHakim: if you can follow directions, then all you need is a simple recipe, and ur good to go : )

Dont give up!
If you really think about it - the best cooks in the world seem to be men......

:wa:

~Zaria~
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال

Neither do I.. I got through grad school (was living alone) on sandwiches and the kindness of strangers :haha: however, I have been watching tons of cooking shows and bought a few simple cook books and I have made many great things.. I have also made many terrible things that sent people vomiting (except my dad) Since I am the baby he was never keen on hurting my feelings .. but he does hint sometimes in a desperate voice no please don't, take a break from cooking look the fridge is full al7mdullilah.. ;D

Ha ha, ukthi!

Tbh, Im not the greatest cook in the world either......too much time behind books and too little time behind a stove has this outcome i guess.

But, I have a few 'speciality' dishes that I gets many smiles : ), Alhamdulillah......and I love to bake.

Insha Allah, if I get more time later this year - I would love to put more effort in this. Practise makes perfect!

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
@ bro IbnAbdulHakim: if you can follow directions, then all you need is a simple recipe, and ur good to go : )

:wa:
problem ther is lol, i feel like im gnna waste a lot of food/ingredients if i just follow a book.

Endymion
07-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Men cooking,Subhanallah.A dream thread,sigh :exhausted And may be thats why i can see 22 replies in 2 hours and still people are viewing this thread :hmm:

Well,none in my family.None of my 3 bro's but they always comment on my made dishes like they are the greatest chefs and no one know cooking more than them except my baby.He doesn't like me spend time in the kitchen.But this was my father who taught me making Rotee,plain bread when my mum was sick and i was the kitchen in charge.My father helped me a lot in the kitchen,taught me some simple dishes.I was 14 that time.After that,aunties of the family tried convincing me learning stitching but that time,i was grown up and learning how to make round rotee experience was enough for me :X

Endymion
07-07-2012, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
Us women must make sure that we not only teach our daughters but also our sons how to cook.
I'm gonna steal a Nobel prize to give it to you for such golden thoughts :statisfie

Scimitar
07-07-2012, 03:54 PM
My mum taught me how to cook... over the phone. Long story.

Scimi

GuestFellow
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Salaam,

I hate cooking and proud of it.

Endymion
07-07-2012, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I hate cooking and proud of it.
My brother

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
learning how to make round rotee experience was enough for me
wow u make round rotee lol mines r still maps :p

guys hea in pak dont cook at all :P my bro doesnt even get up to get his own water i hav to give it to him even if its rite nxt to him, i've got an annoying lil bro drives me crazy :S (hes a spoilled brat i tell you :p ) lol

Haya emaan
07-07-2012, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
My mum taught me how to cook... over the phone.
that's the last option when you are alone, fridge is empty and you are sick of the outside food.. :p have gone through this....:hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
My mum taught me how to cook... over the phone. Long story.

Scimi
LOL? If my mum tried teaching me over the phone she would end up with REALLY high blood pressure guaranteed.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
wow u make round rotee lol mines r still maps :p

guys hea in pak dont cook at all :P my bro doesnt even get up to get his own water i hav to give it to him even if its rite nxt to him, i've got an annoying lil bro drives me crazy :S (hes a spoilled brat i tell you :p ) lol

i wish you was my older sister, my sister gives me kicks and slaps, i dont get no water :(

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 04:24 PM
you know wht u should start with the basic stuff dont try to make fancy stuff at first, akhi do u understand urdu??

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 04:28 PM
you know wht u should start with the basic stuff dont try to make fancy stuff at first, akhi do u understand urdu??

yeh i understand it but cant speak it

i can kinda make basic stuf, i can probably make homemade burgers/chips/fish etc. I can do roti and make sweet dishes like vermacilli, ducchoi, payesh etc.

u kno the easy stuff. But my bhabi was saying to me the other day it would be such a treat if I/my brothers could cook and she could sit back and enjoy our cooking, so thats what kinda initiated this thread lol. but my bhabi is omega amazing, she came into our family not knowing how to cook at all, and now shes like a PRO thanks to my mother/sisters.

we help out obviously )peeling slicing chopping cleaning) but we cant cook lol

Haya emaan
07-07-2012, 04:31 PM
guys hea in pak dont cook at all
Actually in Pak it is considered awkward or is even unacceptable for a man to be in kitchen while his mum, sisters or wife is their to cook for him... i never understood why. This brings really difficult time for them when no one is there.

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 04:32 PM
wow u know so much lol

k here

http://www.zaiqa.com/category/shireen-anwar

theres this lady called shireen anwar she teaches how to cook amazing stuff n they never turn out bad shes amazing goes step by step, if u want i cn give u my recipe of chinese fried rice n chicken manchurian its really easy.

Haya emaan
07-07-2012, 04:36 PM
we help out obviously )peeling slicing chopping cleaning) but we cant cook lol

peeling, slicing, chopping, cutting, rotating cooking spoon, 'playing' with cooking utensils on the stove one day leads to cooking...:statisfie
you will see...

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haya emaan
Actually in Pak it is considered awkward or is even unacceptable for a man to be in kitchen while his mum, sisters or wife is their to cook for him...
Sad buh true

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 05:30 PM

Actually in Pak it is considered awkward or is even unacceptable for a man to be in kitchen while his mum, sisters or wife is their to cook for him... i never understood why. This brings really difficult time for them when no one is there.
hmm you say that but

my bhabi came from bangladesh and from an amazing family. and she couldnt cook lol

Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 05:35 PM
^ Seriously?! Al7mdulillah, that's a first.

Lol

patientgrace
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Growing up, my mother and father would cook meals together. They cooked together not because they had to but because it was something they enjoyed doing together, and both of my parents are amazing cooks!

When I was married, my ex husband would occasionally help me. The grill and BBQ was more of his thing, and he made great BBQ. When we entertained friends and family, he was the one standing by the grill and making sure everyone was fed and enjoying their food. He also built us an outdoor kitchen, that way we could cook outside.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-07-2012, 06:01 PM
As Salaamu Alaaykum,

How many men in your family can cook (properly, curry and difficult dishes like what our amazing sisters can do) and at what age did they start cooking.
Some men in family can cook, and some who cannot.

I guess observing your mother and sisters cook from start to finish, and then attempting to do it yourself while having your mother or sister observe you, or join in a few times.. as mentioned above, it takes practice and patient.

may Allaah make it easy upon you akhi IbnAbdulHakim and the rest of you, Aameen.

Snowflake
07-07-2012, 06:37 PM

I don't understand it either. Male pride that was instilled by women I guess. But Al hamdulillah our family has been different so far. I'll never forget the days my uncle used to catch fish for lunch just simply fry it in spices on the chapati griddle, while my aunty made chapatis to go with it. It was the most amazing lunch ever. My other uncles are the same. Sadly their offspring don't seem to have inherited their fathers' domestic skills. But one of my male cousins can sew like a pro! :statisfie

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 06:45 PM
^ Seriously?! Al7mdulillah, that's a first.

Lol
you make it sound like a good thing lol

Imaan
07-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Sorry I don't wanna sound sarcastic but u guys are sooo brilliant. Really man, I thought men can only fry eggs haha and make tea :P .

sister herb
07-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Doesn´t that a little old fashioned to think someone who is male can´t cook or knit, like female can´t repair cars?

^o)

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-08-2012, 09:56 AM
I dont like cooking, it is a tedious and tiring job. :(

Scimitar
07-08-2012, 10:55 AM
that's the last option when you are alone, fridge is empty and you are sick of the outside food.. have gone through this....
bingo. :D

LOL? If my mum tried teaching me over the phone she would end up with REALLY high blood pressure guaranteed.
Yup, that happened!!! I managed to learn 4 dishes and four occasions in the first week though, and after that, my mother said "find a wife"... :hmm:

I only ended up cooking about twice a week though, I was too lazy to make food everyday in my twenties. Take out was the norm. Kebabish was round the corner :D

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
07-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Well, my family doesn't make curries, but since the topic is men cooking I just wanted to say that my dad makes some awesome dishes, and he has tought me how to cook too, not entirely by himself though, but he's given me some great advice. Growing up, men always made the big outdoor dishes (not just bbq) while women made all the sides,tortillas and what not inside. When men know how to cook its REALLY good, from my experience. Perhaps part of it is the enjoyment of not being the one to cook.... looooool :D It's quite nice when somebody cooks for ya isn't it? :D

As far as curries and stuff, this is one of my favorite places to go to when i want to learn a dish, i know recipes vary from location to location, however it's a good place to start IMO. This is indian vegeterian http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/ and this is pakistani http://www.desicookbook.com/

-
cOsMiC

sister herb
07-09-2012, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
If no cooking then no

;D

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2012, 09:19 PM
you think s? i think it depends on what your cooking lol

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-09-2012, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
If no cooking then no

;D
That's why you have someone to cook for you. Still I have to find someone...:exhausted

you think s? i think it depends on what your cooking lol
I dont even want to cook a pack of instant noodles. :exhausted

sister herb
07-09-2012, 10:42 PM

That's why you have someone to cook for you. Still I have to find someone...:exhausted
;D You need mom... or wife. But who will wash dishes? Boring job too?

Periwinkle18
07-10-2012, 01:28 AM
I dont even want to cook a pack of instant noodles.
ur just lazy then :p

dysphoricrocker
07-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Hats off to all the brothers here who can cook.

i'll probably burn my house down if i tried. I don't even know how to use the microwave at home. But out of all honesty, my mum and dad cook the most delicious food ever everyday so i never really had the need to learn how to cook. Alhamdulillah. One day maybe i will. InsyaAllah.

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-10-2012, 05:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
;D You need mom... or wife. But who will wash dishes? Boring job too?
Can't do that either. :exhausted

ur just lazy then :p
Yes, I am.

Hulk
07-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Chicken breasts today!!

Periwinkle18
07-14-2012, 09:48 AM
^ yummyyy me want!!!

Endymion
07-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Bismillah hirRehman Ar Raheem :D

I would like to have them with rice OMG.BTW i have had yummy korma with rotee today and now i'm gonna make some Vanilla ice cream :D Allmy siblings are scared now :hmm:

Ali137
07-14-2012, 05:41 PM
I can cook chciken, meat, egg.

I can bake cakes

GuestFellow
07-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I can cut onions.

Hulk
07-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Honestly the only reason I cook is because I have a fitness goal I am trying to achieve and so on sort of a strict diet. Otherwise I am too lazy too cook. I would just cook eggs, tuna, simple stuff!

Periwinkle18
07-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I can cut onions.
Lol Akhi Buh good good inshaAllah you'll soon learn how to.make curry cutting onions is the first step

Hulk
07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
The first thing i learned to cook was an egg omelette, taught by my dad. Over the years I learned that you can do many things with eggs lol. Scrambled, add other stuff.. Eggs is one of my favourite food. Heres a pic of a random scrambled egg. Doesnt it just look tasty and wet?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2012, 08:42 PM
my sister thinks shes funny

i told her "sis its time, its time i learned !!"

and she sed "thats ok u go in the kitchen and start cooking, i'll tell you after what you screwed up"

:hmm:

Scimitar
07-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm sooo hungry...

GuestFellow
07-14-2012, 09:24 PM
^ Shall I cut some onions for you?

Periwinkle18
07-15-2012, 01:31 AM
my sister thinks shes funny
i told her "sis its time, its time i learned !!"
and she sed "thats ok u go in the kitchen and start cooking, i'll tell you after what you screwed up"
lol thts wht my mum said once she was like go start making the curry i'll cum wen sumfins wrong :p well i guess in cooking u do learn things on ur own :p

Kei
07-16-2012, 01:04 PM
^ Shall I cut some onions for you?
LOL ;D

My dad can cook pretty much any Pakistani food.
One day he tried to teach me how to cook.....
The amount of OIL that went in there....:enough!:

I pretty much live off Ramen and boiled vegetables now \o/

Hulk
07-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Today I was so lazy I only ate tuna, eggs, and one cheese

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2012, 05:28 PM
my mother, father and babhi used to make dishes...

i used to get in and give instructions to my mother and father... i irritate them in a funny way... its like when my mom turns away a bit.. i put my desired spice in there.. think it will enrich the taste of the dish... all i get back is ... strange looks ... haa haa..

Atlast when we sit to have the meal... my bro/dad used to ask... whats something different ... and they stare at me asking : this fellow did something.. i smile back .. as if i had spelled a magic... its fun..

Some time.. i used to get the kitchen pass(when no one is at home)
.. everytime i enter the kitchen to cook..a new discovery is made ... a new taste is born... and i need to name the dish which i found...
Great isnt it ? :p If i get a kitchen pass often... may be then i can improvise on my cooking capabilities..

Musaafirah
07-16-2012, 06:47 PM
My dad's a great cook masha'allah.
As is my mummy.
I'm ashamed to say that I can't cook (properly) and I'm a girl!
(I can bake cakes though...)

sister herb
07-16-2012, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafirah
My dad's a great cook masha'allah.
As is my mummy.
I'm ashamed to say that I can't cook (properly) and I'm a girl!
(I can bake cakes though...)
You should go to study some easy recipes from IB Kitchen Club: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...chen-club.html

:statisfie

If you have questions, you can get answers and advices from there.

1searching
07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
A lot of what I learned was from watching my mom in the kitchen. Watching the food network helped but trial and error is the best way to learn. When I was in cooking school we cooked a lot of chicken dishes because they were cheaper than say a lobster. Just keep at it.

Scimitar
07-17-2012, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
Today I was so lazy I only ate tuna, eggs, and one cheese
Hulk no eat truck full of vitamins????? HULK SMASH!

Nyehs! :D

Hulk
07-17-2012, 04:49 AM
VITAMINS TURN HULK'S HEALTHY GREEN INTO PINK MAKE HULK TO LIKE SHE-HULK.

HULK SMASH!
;D

Today my mum cooked some fish so I don't have to cook. AWWWWWWWYEAAAAAAA

Qurratul Ayn
07-17-2012, 06:45 AM
you make it sound like a good thing lol
I've never heard of a Bangladeshi born and bred woman who can't cook. Hence, my shocked/amazed reply

Plus it must have been a pleasure for your Mother to teach her how to cook, my Mother-in-Law taught me :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
i used to get in and give instructions to my mother and father... i irritate them in a funny way... its like when my mom turns away a bit.. i put my desired spice in there.. think it will enrich the taste of the dish... all i get back is ... strange looks ... haa haa..
Exactly like my little brother *shaking head*

Brothers of the world, those who can't cook, please learn to cook! It's truly an invaluable asset and skill!!! Insha'Allaah y'all succeed

Riana17
07-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Salam to all and Ramadan Kareem inshallah,

My husband cook more than I (I cook once in blue moon lool)
He can cook and he love it when he does, however he likes my support, he wants me to be in the kitchen even if thats just to chat with him and not helping lool

He cooks okay to be honest, sometimes not bad and sometimes excellent
In conclusion, way beyond me lool

IbnAbdulHakim
07-17-2012, 08:05 AM

I've never heard of a Bangladeshi born and bred woman who can't cook. Hence, my shocked/amazed reply

Plus it must have been a pleasure for your Mother to teach her how to cook, my Mother-in-Law taught me :)
it was actually my sisters who taught her lol, my mother is a bit old and not so well anymore. make dua inshaAllaah.

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I have no idea how to cook and my family seems ok about it. In the western world, they expect the men to cook. I really wanna learn though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!