/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wearing T-shirts with Cigaratte logos

Samiun
07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
:sl: I would like to buy some t-shirt that has cigaratte logos on it. The reason is.. well it's pretty obvious if you noticed what's my interest. So is it permissible to buy such shirts? Waddabout Nike? Is that also haram to wear? If it is then what should we do if we keep one already?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-07-2012, 02:26 PM
:wa:

Sometime I visited t-shirt stores, and I saw many good designs that suitable for young guys, like t-shirts with car or motorcycle pictures, t-shirts with funny words, etc. I am sure, in your place must be there are many t-shirts with designs like that too.

My question. If you have many choices of t-shirt without cigarette logos, why you want to buy t-shirt with cigarette logos?

About Nike logo. It's okay.

muslimah bird
07-07-2012, 04:41 PM
^^^second that,

Its better to buy a tshirt without logos of a harmful thing

dqsunday
07-07-2012, 06:04 PM
I agree, best to avoid logos/designs/images of haraam things like smoking (and related things) and animals and people. Best stick to designs or inanimate objects not related to haraam things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kei
07-16-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd avoid logo's just because I don't want to branded. And supporting massive corporate companies that hire third world kids in sweatshops to make products they'll sell on for a fortune...just doesn't sit well with me.
That said, I do have a few Adidas & Nike hoodies I occasionally wear when I go jogging, the quality is unbeatable. :omg:

Muwaahid
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
As-Salaamu alykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

I just wanted to share a few words concerning this subject, firstly our beloved Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa salam) said, "man tashabbaha bi qawmin fahuwa minhum" Whoever immitates a people then he is from amongt them. Likewise Allaah's Messenger (sallallahu alayhi wa salam) commanded ,"khaalifoo mushrikeen" Be different than the Mushrikeen (polytheist) there are so many ayaat and hadeeth forbidding resembling the disbelievers not only in thier dress but their mannerisms and beliefs as well. When we recite al-Fatihah in our salawaat do we not say after asking Allaah for guidance to the straight path we say,"ghayril maghdoobi alayhim wa laa daaaleen" not of those upon whom Your wrath is upon(the jews) nor of those who go astray (christians). Allaah Al-Hakeem Al-Aleem said concerning our beloved Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa salam) said"Laqad kana lakum fee rasoolillaahi uswatun hasanah" "Indeed you have in the messenger of Allaah the best example" Muhammad Ibn Abdullaah Ibn Abdul Muttalib Ibn Haashim wa Haashim min Quraysh wal Quraysh minal Arab wal Arab min Dhuriyyaati Ismaa'eel (alayhis salam wa ala nabiyyena kadhalik) is the best of creatiom (afdaalu khalq) why immitate the people of the book when we have the complete and perfect religion, why immitate them in a despicable vice like smoking cigarettes? And when the youths from amongst the believers see you wearing those t-shirts they will immitate you thinking it must be permissible because they look up to you. The best route to go is to abstain from wearing shirts with logos on them period. Wear a thoube or jalabiyyah. think about it, remember when Jibril (alayhi salam) came to visit the messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa salam) and he had an exceeedingly white thoube on and his hair was exceedingly black and he had no signs of travel upon him and asked our beloved Messenger(sallallaahu alayhi wa salam) about Islaam , Imaan an Ihsaan? Why cant we see the virtue of emulating the righteous? Allaahu Al-Musta'aan

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!