/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ear piercing

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I had conversation with my colleague,she didn't pierce her ears.She Says"One should not change creation of allah(SWT)".
I rarely see any girl without ear piercing at least in india?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
07-07-2012, 02:00 PM
If I am not mistaken piercing ears is OK but not nose etc. Can anyone confirm this? I could be wrong as this is from memory. Fuzzy memory.

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I haven't done nose piercing......
It looks like.....Eww..:X
Inside story I am scared ,I heard it is very painful.:phew

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 04:47 PM
i think ear piercing is allowed , i've got like 3 done on each ear lol :p nose umm i duno i dun if its allowed or not i dun even like it :p buh hear in pak its common girls get it done.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
it's not even nice in my opinion :statisfie
it just reminds me of this..

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
t's not even nice in my opinion
it just reminds me of this..

lol......;D

Endymion
My mum had it done with my ears when i was 14-15 and after that i almost fainted in spite of i had no pain and the old man who did this job was really angry and said she will have to go to Hospital when it will come to nose piercing :p

I was a fan of ear rings few years before but now im no more interested,and nose piercing,NO WAY :heated:

Man,this word "Piercing" gave me a hard time.And to Minwatul Khayal as well :p :hiding:

Salahudeen
With regard to piercing the ears of females, there is a difference of scholarly opinion on the ruling. The Hanafis and Hanbalis are of the view that this is permissible. The Shaafa’is are of the view that it is not allowed, and Ibn al-Jawzi and Ibn ‘Aqeel, who were Hanbalis, agreed with them. They did not quote any texts as evidence that it is not allowed, rather they said that it causes pain, and that wearing adornment in the ear is not essential, and is not so important as to allow causing pain to the female for this purpose.

The one who studies the texts of the Prophet’s Sunnah and the lives of the female Sahabaah (may Allaah be pleased with them) will see that the more correct view is the former, which is that it is permissible. The texts which indicate that include the following:

1 – It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came out and prayed, then he delivered a khutbah – and he did not mention any adhaan or iqaamah – then he went to the women and exhorted and reminded them, and told them to give charity, and I saw them taking off their earrings and necklaces and giving them to Bilaal, then he and Bilaal went back to his house.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4951) and Muslim (884).

According to another report narrated by them both:

They started throwing their earrings and necklaces.

2 – It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: Eleven women sat and promised one another that they would not conceal anything about their husbands … the eleventh one said: My husband is Abu Zar’ and what (can I say about) Abu Zar’? He has given me many ornaments and my ears are heavily loaded with them. … ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: I am to you as Abu Zar’ was to Umm Zar’.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4893) and Muslim (2448).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of what Abu Zar’ did by filling the ears of Umm Zar’ with jewellery until they became heavy.

With regard to piercing the ears at the top, it seems that it makes no difference whether they are pierced at the bottom or at the top, depending on whether this is customary in a woman’s environment. We should note that it is not permissible for a woman to show the jewellery that she is wearing on her hand, ear or neck.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about piercing a girls’ nose or ear for the sake of beautification.

He replied:

The correct view is that there is nothing wrong with piercing the ear, because one of the aims that is achieved by that is wearing permissible jewellery. It is known that the women of the Sahaabah had earrings that they wore in their ears. The pain is light, and if the piercing is done when the girl is small, it heals quickly.

With regard to piercing the nose, I do not remember that the scholars said anything about it, but it is a kind of mutilation and deforming of the appearance as we see it, but perhaps others do not see it that way. If a woman is in a country where putting jewellery in the nose is seen as a kind of adornment and beautification, there is nothing wrong with piercing the nose.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (11/ question no. 69).

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

There is nothing wrong with piercing the ears of a girl in order to put jewellery in her ears. This is still done by many people, and even at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) women used to wear jewellery in their ears and elsewhere without being rebuked for it.

With regard to it hurting the girl, the purpose of it is in her interests, because she needs jewellery, and to adorn herself. Piercing the ears serves a permissible purpose and is allowed because of need. Just as it is permissible to carry out surgery and cauterize her if that is needed on medical grounds, it is also permissible to pierce her ear in order to put jewellery in it, because it is something that she needs, and it is something that does not hurt very much, and does not have a great effect on her.

Fataawa al-Shaykh al-Fawzaan (3/324).

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/78255

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Thankyou,brother slahuddin
Yes,my colleague is shafai' And I am hanafi.We have different opinions in many issues.

Periwinkle18
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
i had one done in hong kong wen i was 4 and 2 of them at home told my maid to do it wen mum went for hajj :p

Pure Purple
07-07-2012, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i had one done in hong kong wen i was 4 and 2 of them at home told my maid to do it wen mum went for hajj
I was seven year old when I did it. I can't bear to do it 4 times.:skeleton:

Endymion
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
i had one done in hong kong wen i was 4 and 2 of them at home told my maid to do it wen mum went for hajj :p
Were you both learning stitching ^o)

Alpha Dude
07-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I don't find ear rings on a woman remotely attractive. I don't know what the fascination is about them.

It's got to be dangeours too, e.g. it gets stuck into something or someone pulls it.

Endymion
07-07-2012, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I don't know what the fascination is about them.
May be because you're Dude,not Dudette :hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I don't find ear rings on a woman remotely attractive. I don't know what the fascination is about them.

It's got to be dangeours too, e.g. it gets stuck into something or someone pulls it.
I've never even thought about it lol.

come to think of ti what didour prophet saws think of such adornments? there must be smoething written about it right?

Haya emaan
07-07-2012, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
come to think of ti what didour prophet saws think of such adornments? there must be smoething written about it right?
i was reading this on islamqa. brother posted it here.. i found this part intresting

format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
2 – It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: Eleven women sat and promised one another that they would not conceal anything about their husbands … the eleventh one said: My husband is Abu Zar’ and what (can I say about) Abu Zar’? He has given me many ornaments and my ears are heavily loaded with them. … ‘Aa’ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: I am to you as Abu Zar’ was to Umm Zar’.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4893) and Muslim (2448).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) approved of what Abu Zar’ did by filling the ears of Umm Zar’ with jewellery until they became heavy.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 06:46 PM
^ jazakAllah

good to hear

so it is from the habits of the great sahabiyaat mashAllah

Periwinkle18
07-08-2012, 01:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Purple
I can't bear to do it 4 times.
lol its not painful at all i put ice on my hear for a lil while told my maid to sterilize the needle n made a mark on my hear n she did it :) didnt feel anything :p it only hurt wen i got it done the first time wen i was four :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!