/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Art: Mirror of the Invisible world

جوري
07-07-2012, 02:21 PM
http://video.pbs.org/video/2251483761/

^^^ sample..

Admittedly I hated how they've to apologize in the end or say in spite of all that's going on this abridges gaps. Westerners create the gaps, they create the wars, they create the animosity & hatred so there's no reason to apologize.. none whatsoever.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-07-2012, 02:41 PM
anyone from Mali?

The Great Mosque of Djenne made of the three things they've.. the earth, the sun and the rain.. sob7an Allah.. amazing masonists and the restoration is done yearly to maintain it..

Aprender
07-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Did you get a chance to watch this yesterday? I know it aired on PBS. Hope it re-runs or gets uploaded online.

Endymion
07-07-2012, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
anyone from Mali?

The Great Mosque of Djenne made of the three things they've.. the earth, the sun and the rain.. sob7an Allah.. amazing masonists and the restoration is done yearly to maintain it..
Hey,i posted a whole thread on this amazing piece of architecture :statisfie

Here,http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...id-djenne.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
:sl:

a bonus Footage (15 Min) - Mali

جوري
07-07-2012, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Did you get a chance to watch this yesterday? I know it aired on PBS. Hope it re-runs or gets uploaded online.
Just the last 20 minutes unfortunately- which was lovely nonetheless...

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
you gotta love islamic art and architecture

so amazing

جوري
07-07-2012, 07:02 PM
I do.. I especially love fractals..
I enjoy architecture more than art in general..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
I do.. I especially love fractals..
I enjoy architecture more than art in general..

same they recently built the shard in london

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/ar...=feeds-newsxml

its close to where I live so I see it every day. They call it the "Mirror of London" as its suppose to reflect back everything it see's and create a sort of illuminated look. But honestly, these western designs are nothing compared to our islamic architects.

جوري
07-07-2012, 07:16 PM
I don't know how to explain what I like.. My uncle designed part of the new cairo airport especially the landscape.. so much goes into it, I didn't even know how much until I looked into his sketches ma shaa Allah.. I like architecture with mathematical secrets you know.. and play on light and dark.. with windows done just so..The structure itself becomes uplifting almost alive with you..I don't like office buildings with no ventilation as they're generally monolithic and not comforting..

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 07:39 PM
^ sis no lie, your so smart that sometimes I feel like theres a world you know about that I dont lol.

May Allah grant me intelligence.

جوري
07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Allah swt created us with all we need to know.. we just need to tap into it-- all the knowledge of the world is already in us.. did you not read suret al baqara where Allah swt taught Adam the names of everything? What do you think that means?. I know some members here who have never been to college that can oneup the best of them.. Believe me it is not a matter of memory.. it is just about being relaxed enough to get into that other part of you, the occult part that does amazing things...
consider that the best minds in the world those that have shaped it weren't even literate..
so it is really something to think about..

and yes may Allah swt complete our knowledge and make it useful for our deen and dounia ameen ya rabb

Aprender
07-08-2012, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ sis no lie, your so smart that sometimes I feel like theres a world you know about that I dont lol.

May Allah grant me intelligence.
Ameeen.

I know. Indeed she is. Alhamdulillah. That's my sister! :wub:

I will have to check out that 15 minute clip soon in shaa Allah.

There is a Catholic church around the corner from my house that looks exactly like a masjid if it weren't for the cross on top of the dome...

جوري
07-08-2012, 03:49 AM
You're all so kind to me Jazakoum Allah khyran (I love Muslims) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!