/* */

PDA

View Full Version : getting a little too much to take

Marina-Aisha
07-07-2012, 07:32 PM
As you guys know i only converted couple months ago and already im facing with trials and tests from Allah, i get it that Allah tests people he loves but too be honests its getting too much to take..now my family know bout my interest in islam my sister has stop talking to me...and now im getting problems at my work place..i keep praying and making duas..but when i think some ease comes to me the BANG! another test...has anyone else had this? as soon as they convert Allah tests them?maybe he doesnt think my heart is in it?is that why he testing me?Allah is all knowning so he knows how i feel but i cant help feel like to to much for me to take..is there special dua i can do? the other day i felt nervous for no reason like something bad was gonna happen has anyone else felt like that?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
07-08-2012, 03:50 AM
:sl:
i really feel for u and i wish Allah SWT keep u steadfast and easy the matters for u. i dont exactly know but there is a verse in quran that state that Allah SWT will test u, b4 entering u to Paradise.
About hardhips in path of Allah SWT, i say its most of time must. u c all Prophet and blessed ppl go through with these difficulties but they all were PATIENT. so remember of u find some tests from Allah SWT, it will be very temporory and there is ease after any hardship. keep patient and make a lot of dua. share ur problems with other ppl who can give u some opinion in that matter, like some other reverts those too have scuh issues so they can guide u better.

MustafaMc
07-08-2012, 04:03 AM
I can sympathsize with you. It may be good to turn inward a bit sorta like a turtle pulling into his shell for protection. Don't push yourself too hard OR give up - stay the middle course and hold onto your faith like it is more precious than your final breath.

Abu Zainab
07-08-2012, 07:12 AM
أَمۡ حَسِبۡتُمۡ أَن تَدۡخُلُواْ ٱلۡجَنَّةَ وَلَمَّا يَأۡتِكُم مَّثَلُ ٱلَّذِينَ خَلَوۡاْ مِن قَبۡلِكُم*ۖ مَّسَّتۡہُمُ ٱلۡبَأۡسَآءُ وَٱلضَّرَّآءُ وَزُلۡزِلُواْ حَتَّىٰ يَقُولَ ٱلرَّسُولُ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ مَعَهُ ۥ مَتَىٰ نَصۡرُ ٱللَّهِ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّ نَصۡرَ ٱللَّهِ قَرِيبٌ۬ (٢١٤)
Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allâh?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allâh is near! (214)

Be patient sister...be patient. Certainly Allaah will make everything easy for you. Just don't lose hope and don't ever think about giving up. As brother Mustafa said, choose the middle path.

When you are alone try to pray (salat) as much as you can with khushoo' and in sajdah pray sincerely to Allaah to help you. Wallahi you will see miracles. And by the way, try to be extra nicer to your family even if they avoid you or are not nice to you. Who knows if Allaah guides even one of them to Islaam, it's better for you than this whole world.

Download "Stories of the Prophets" from http://www.kalamullah.com/ibn-kathir.html and read specially prophet Ayyoub's (Job) story - page 92 of the pdf. You will definitely feel relief inshallaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hulk
07-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Sis, would I be right in saying that you have been gaining a bit of knowledge in Islam lately? Tests often come hand in hand with gaining knowledge. Please make dua for strength to overcome the trials of the dunya/this world. Allah knows what is in our hearts better than ourselves, so don't worry about whether or not "Allah thinks if your heart is in it".

The Prophet pbuh, despite being placed in the highest status as a human being was still tested by Allah. His uncle who he loved very much died in battle and was mutilated. One of his children died while his other uncle celebrated his/her death(sorry I forgot the gender and I think it may have been on more than one occasion). The people of Taif threw stones at him till his sandals were filled with his own blood.

If you want a "new convert" perspective, look at the first muslims. They were physically tortured in order for them to renounce Islam. Some of them refused to renounce but some of them also gave in because they could not take the torture any longer. After they "renounced" Islam they went to the Prophet and were feeling very sad because of what they did but the Prophet told them that (paraphrasing) as long as they still believe in their hearts they are still muslims.

So be patient sis ;)

Marina-Aisha
07-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Thank you everyone it makes me feel alittle better, i have been reading alot bout islam lately so maybe your right...maybe it will be over once ramdan is done..i heard your duas are heard more during ramdan also i heard that Allah accepts new converts stright away too so maybe during ramadan it will help..I little nervous and excited for ramadan..thank you bros and sis for your help.

Snowflake
07-08-2012, 10:22 AM
:sl: Sis,

I ask Allah, The Lord of The Magnificent Throne to make the journey of Islam easy for you. Ameen.

I am speaking from personal experience when I say that sometimes we are so drowned in what we are feeling that we forget to make dua, or are deficient in it, but as soon as we do it, the heart becomes light and peaceful. So make dua in abundance sis. Only Allah knows when/if we will see the results of our dua in the duniya, but just the act of making dua will make you feel peaceful and close to Allah. And when a person feels close to Allah, naturally everything else become less painful and insignificant for them.

These are excellent invocations from the Quran & Sunnah you can make insha Allah. You can find more duas on the same site insha Allah. May Allah, The Kind and Merciful, Exalted be He, hasten to answer your prayers. Ameen. :)

Invocations for anguish
Invocations in times of worry and grief
Invocation for when something becomes difficult for you

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

Abdul-Raouf
07-08-2012, 10:36 AM
You are on right track...be patient...always have a smile to your close ones...time will pass...... take it day by day....

Ameen to the duas...

Marina-Aisha
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
thank you those websites were very helpful

Marina-Aisha
10-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar Allah Akbar!!!!!! I'm trail is over!! My name is clear!!!! My Duas have accepted omg I'm gonna ask Allah to forgive me cos I didn't have little doughts in mind sometimes cos I was doing Duas they weren't working straight away but he has a plan for everything alhamdulillah alhamdulillah alhamdulillah!!!!

~Zaria~
10-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Alhamdulillah.

My ukthi, always remember:

“In whichever condition He keeps me,
it is the best condition for me.
Through whichever route He takes me
it is the easiest route for me.”

(from a poem: Hazrat Shah Muhammad Ahmad Saheb (Rahmatullah ‘alaih)

Marina-Aisha
10-18-2012, 05:58 PM
That's really beautiful thanx sis

MustafaMc
10-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Alhamdulillah, remember that life is a test.

Abdul-Raouf
10-19-2012, 03:26 AM
Salaam sister.... Your visibility will increase among angels... If you accept yourself for the test and be patient... and it would get tougher to a point... then ALLAH softens the test.... once you are tested to a level....surely he does not test you beyond of what you are capable of.

Sometimes the tests would make you to sacrifice certain things - eg. money, material, or even relationships... and sometimes it would make you to get used to the tougher evironment with patience and in a way would help the people around you... - eg. people who were hating you.. might change and become close to you..because of your love...

Muhaba
10-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Sister, there are duas you can do. It's true that Allah tests the people as He says in the Quran that He will test the people and they shouldn't think that they will enter paradise without being tested. it's also true that conversion comes with many trials and hardships. this is because many people oppose islam and conversion to islam.

Pray that Allah eases your difficulties, makes your family see the truth of islam so that they can be your supporters. (it's strange that these same ppl claim to give you freedom and allow you to do whatever you want bt when you show an interest in islam they oppose you and start controlling you.)

you can say the followign duas: Rabbana la taj'alna fitnatan lizaalimeen - which means Oh Allah dont make us a trial for the cruel.

Also the last 3 verses of Surah Al-Baqara (2:284 - 286) preferably in arabic:
To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. Whether you show what is within yourselves or conceal it, Allah will bring you to account for it. Then He will forgive whom He wills and punish whom He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.

The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."

Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. "Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people."

IbnAbdulHakim
10-19-2012, 05:09 PM
how are you now?

Marina-Aisha
10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Thanx sis that makes feel better, when ur going through hard things and there coming at u in every direction it hard to stay focus. My parents they speak to me but they don't wanna really know bout my new faith. But yea I'm still little depressed that I have a haram job but ishaAllah I will find halal job soon now that Allah has helped me through such hard time my life I won't stay true to him I don't want to do anything haram if I can. So later I'm gonna delete all my haram music I did delete it couple months ago but I ended up re downloading them 😣 so hard for me but I'm try focus reading and listen to the Quran. Hopefully in time my parents will come round to the idea.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-19-2012, 09:08 PM
we all have lapses sis.

may Allah let you find strength. I find sometimes just relaxing and taking a walk can really help.

Marina-Aisha
10-20-2012, 08:32 AM
thats sooo true i do love going little walks but i usually listen to music lol im gonna try cut down through i hope i can stick to it...sooo hard for me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!