/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boredom

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

OK this might not be that interesting. Infact you may even regret entering this thread.

However I still want an answer before you go !

Do you think the extremely poor ever get bored? I remember a time without computers and video games but I dont recall any boredom at all during those times.

I know its not exactly that exciting of a question but im..... BORED :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dqsunday
07-07-2012, 09:23 PM
I expect anybody can be bored, whether they are poor or not. People who have to focus everything just to survive to the next day don't have time to be bored as all their focus is finding enough food and water to eat/drink. That and before the digital age, most people entertained each other with stories, make believe games etc.

When I was really young we didn't have any console games or even a computer. We had TV of course but didn't get cable tv for quite some time. I did alot of reading. (actual books, not little text messages) During the summer I spent much of my time at my parent's camp with cousins, we would do all kinds of things, fishing, walking about the trails, talking about whatever, or pretending we were the cast of Star Trek or whatnot. Role-playing basically.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 09:25 PM
^ Yeah I remember those days. Good days.

I mean even when I use to fall ill, I never use to turn to digital, I use to want to read my fairy tales.

The kids of these days are so deprived, they dont realise how good we had it.

Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 10:10 PM
The word "Boredom" and all variations of it should be struck off the dictionary :raging:

Subhan'Allaah I was never bored, never, and even now I do not get bored. There is always something to do, things not involving technology at all! I can always make time for housework, reading, knitting, making clothes, tidying up, doing assignments (writing it and using books), going for walks, even thinking about life, people, good times, the sad, sad, sad, world...

Nope, I'm never bored, and whoever, of my acquaintances, tells me they're bored I feel like :raging: They are so lucky, privileged, and have the ability to buy many things, so why in the world should anyone be bored?!

I doubt people with less income are bored (I don't like saying poor). They probably enjoy and get more out of life than anyone! And they will always be doing something or the other, they won't have time on their hands to be bored.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
The word "Boredom" and all variations of it should be struck off the dictionary :raging:

Subhan'Allaah I was never bored, never, and even now I do not get bored. There is always something to do, things not involving technology at all! I can always make time for housework, reading, knitting, making clothes, tidying up, doing assignments (writing it and using books), going for walks, even thinking about life, people, good times, the sad, sad, sad, world...

Nope, I'm never bored, and whoever, of my acquaintances, tells me they're bored I feel like :raging: They are so lucky, privileged, and have the ability to buy many things, so why in the world should anyone be bored?!

I doubt people with less income are bored (I don't like saying poor). They probably enjoy and get more out of life than anyone! And they will always be doing something or the other, they won't have time on their hands to be bored.

Your right, I am truelly spoilt.

Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 10:16 PM
^ Lol

Just my thoughts. Please don't mind

IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
^ I will never mind the truth!!!

GuestFellow
07-07-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not bored now. I'm too busy looking for a low-legged japanese coffee table.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!