/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Psychology and fatwas

جوري
07-07-2012, 09:40 PM
:sl:

I wanted to demonstrate the importance of study, true Islamic knowledge of fatwas and why they can't be left simply to lay persons and at the same time demonstrate why we may have one account of the same event happening with different rulings and why and what it means in the long run!
I don't have the actual ahadiths but I have no doubt that one of the brothers or sisters here will provide it in shaa Allah.
First incident was an elderly man asking the prophet PBUH whether or not kissing his wife would nullify his fast, to which the prophet PBUH said No!
the second incident a young man asked him whether or not kissing his wife would cause him to nullify his fast to which the prophet PBUH said Yes!

This shows amongst many things that the person who issues a fatwa has to understand the psychology of the questioner or at least the ramifications of such edicts in the least to gather as much information about the situation .. passing a religious edict is really a very weighty thing.. I was thinking about this in light of sr. Stephanie Dejato the niqabbi was humiliated by the French and how Sheikh Tantawi astghfor Allah, will probably bear the sin of passing a fatwa that Niqab is not mandatory and that we're to follow the laws of the French when in their country.

your thoughts?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-07-2012, 09:49 PM
^ wasnt the sister humiliated by the germans?

This reminds of something my dear teacher and grandfather said to me once, he said, my dear grandson - In our country we can raise our voices, enforce fatwas, and truelly control our unislamic vices but in this country (UK), it is the land of the disbelievers and as such as must behave in a more lenient fashion to those who live here.

This conversation popped up when I asked my grandfather (He is extremely knowledgable, has spent his whole life at the feet of teachers and runs his own school and now orphanage), I asked him:

"Here in the UK we have so many muslims who attend weddings which are haram by their very nature, why cant we do anything about this?"

and by what my grandfather said, he basically tried to teach that even though the fatwas are there, the rulings are made.... it may apply in different ways to different situations.

I hope I made myself slightly clear at least

Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 09:53 PM
^ Nope, Belgians

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...must-read.html

O Allaah help us to stay on the true path and protect us from these evil wrongdoings, especially to my helpless Brothers and Sisters :cry:

Qurratul Ayn
07-07-2012, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Sheikh Tantawi astghfor Allah, will probably bear the sin of passing a fatwa that Niqab is not mandatory and that we're to follow the laws of the French when in their country.
WHAT?! Absolutely disgraceful

Where in the Qur'aan or in any Hadiths does it say, follow the rules, laws of the country you live in and not the Word of Allaah or Sunnah or the Shar'ah????? Why can't these "Sheikhs" just tell it as it is? And tell the truth at that and use valid sources and UNDERSTAND THEM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
07-07-2012, 10:08 PM
its mostly about common sense or lack thereof.

sad but true.

i mean a thread i posted in broke down around the subject of wiping the underside of those leather socks that people wear to pray.

it may be a well documented case but most people leave footwear at the door. change socks frequently.. or should be told to do so.

the exceptional may even wash there feet occasionally.

but those leather socks are like a religion in themselves!

sorry to offend. but soon common sense will be like a superpower or something.

unfortunately i was not able to post again in that thread... locked out for some reason. supermods or losing prison privilages...more likely losing sanity.

...incidentally there are jewish books which contain rulings about weather a person can remove a sweet wrapper on certain days.. each to his own.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!