/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ღღ•*´¨`*•.¸ღ✿ Ten ways to achieve lasting love ✿ღ¸.•*´¨`*•ღღ

~Zaria~
07-09-2012, 06:12 AM

ღღ•*´¨`*•.¸ღ✿ Ten ways to achieve lasting love ✿ღ¸.•*´¨`*•ღღ

Husbands and wives should do the following:

❤1. They have to get in the habit of saying things that are positive, like offering compliments and like making little prayers for each other.

A husband could say to his wife: “If I were sent back to the days of my youth, I would not choose for a wife anyone besides you.” Of course, the wife can easily say something similar to her husband.

Affectionate words have an effect, especially on women. They have, indeed, often been the weapons used by unscrupulous men to gain access to what is not theirs.

Sweet words arouse a woman’s heart. A husband should take care to say them to his wife before someone else does.

❤2. Husbands and wives have to get into the habit of doing those little things that mean so much.

If a man comes home to find his wife asleep, he can cover her and tuck her into bed.
A husband can give his wife a call from work just to say hello and to let her know that he is thinking about her.

If a wife finds that her husband has fallen asleep, she can give him a little kiss on the forehead, even if she thinks that he will not be aware of it. Indeed, on some level his senses are working even though he is asleep and he may very well be aware of it.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) emphasized the value of these little things, “…even the morsel of food that you place in your wife’s mouth…” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

It may very well be that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was alluding to the expenditure of a man for his wife’s needs. Nonetheless, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) chose to express it in the way he did for a reason. Most importantly, this is the way the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) conducted himself with his family.

This type of behavior is governed by the tastes of the people involved. It may take some getting used to, but it really does not take a lot of effort.

A person who is not accustomed to such things may feel embarrassed just hearing about them and may prefer to leave matters the way they are rather than try to change his behavior and do things that he might see as ridiculous.

Still, we must be willing introduce new habits into our lives if we do not want our problems to go on forever.

❤3. The husband and wife must set aside time to talk to each other.

They should talk about the past; reminisce about the good times. Talking about them keeps them fresh in our minds as if they had happened only yesterday. They should talk about the future and share their hopes and their plans. They should also talk about the present, both the good and bad of it, and discuss different ways to solve their problems.

❤4. Keeping close physical contact is good for the relationship.

This is not just for times of intimacy, but at all times, like when sitting in the lounge or walking down the street. This is regardless of the fact that there are still men in our society who are ashamed to have people see them walking in public with their wives at their sides.

❤5. Emotional support should be guaranteed whenever it is required.

When the wife is pregnant or on her monthly period, she may need her husband to lend her a little moral support. He should take her mental state into consideration. Medical experts attest to the fact that when women go through pregnancy, menstruation, or postpartum bleeding, they suffer from psychological stress that can aversely affect their behavior. It is at times like these that a woman needs her husband’s support. She needs him to let her know how much she means to him and how much he needs her in his life.

Likewise, the husband might fall ill or come under a lot of difficulties. The wife must take these things into consideration. If people want their relationship to last, they must let each other feel that support.

❤6. There has to be some material expressions of love.

Gifts should be given, sometimes without there being any occasion for it, since a pleasant surprise is always welcome. A good gift is one that expresses feelings of affection. It does not have to be expensive, but it has to be appropriate for the other’s tastes and personality; something that will be cherished.

❤7. The husband and wife have to learn how to be more tolerant of each other and overlook one another’s shortcomings.

It should become a habit to forget about the little mistakes of daily life and not even bring them up. Silence in these trivialities is a sign of noble character.

A woman said to `آ’ishah: “When my husband comes home, he becomes like a cat. When he goes out, he becomes like a lion. He does not ask about what might have happened.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Ibn Hajar explains her words as follows:
They might mean that he is very generous and tolerant. He does not make a big fuss about what goes missing of his wealth. If he brings something for the house, he does not enquire about it later on. He does not make an issue of the shortcomings that he might see at home but instead is clement and tolerant.

It is wrong to go overboard in considering the faults of others but when it comes to ourselves, keep a running account of all our good qualities.

There is a tradition that goes: “One of you sees the dust in his brother’s eyes and forgets about the dirt in his own.”

❤8. A husband and wife must come to an understanding when it comes to matters of mutual concern, like the raising of children, work, travel, expenses, and problems that might pose a threat to the marital relationship.

❤9. Husbands and wives need to do things to liven up their relationship.

Each one of them can read a book or listen to a cassette that might give them some ideas on how they can revitalize their marital life and bring more meaning to it. They can vary their habits when it comes to relaxing together, dining, taking refreshments, decorating their home, and in relating to each other both openly and intimately. These are the things that keep up the excitement and interest in a relationship.

❤10. The relationship must be protected from negative influences that can harm it.

One of the worst of these is the habit of comparing one’s spouse to others. Many men tend to compare their wives to those of other men. Some even compare them with the faces they see in magazines and on television. Women also compare their husbands with other women’s husbands in things like wealth, looks, and how many times he takes her out. All of this makes people feel bad and insufficient and it can ruin the marital relationship.

If we must compare ourselves to others, we should do so with those who have less going for them than ourselves. Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Look towards those who are beneath you and do not look towards those who are above you. This is better so that you do not belittle Allah’s blessings.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

We must accustom ourselves to living in the real world and to finding contentment in what Allah has decreed for us. We should not look longingly at what others have been given. Whatever little that we have will be a lot if we utilize it well.

Source: Unknown

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Paprika
07-09-2012, 06:17 AM
I hate the fact that we have to do so much just to keep someone happy. :exhausted

Sometimes I wish I could just be alone.....

ardianto
07-09-2012, 09:06 AM
:sl:

Very very good article.

Jazaaki-llaahu khayran

~Zaria~
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
I hate the fact that we have to do so much just to keep someone happy. :exhausted

Assalamu-alaikum,

It does not feel like an effort when we perform any action out of LOVE (for both our spouse and Allah).

In fact, when in love - you will desire to do even more than expected.....just to see your beloved happy : )

We should be desirous of marriage - not only to fulfill the commands of Allah (subhanwataála) and his nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) for those who have the means, but also as a means of warding from Shaytaan and temptation.
And Alhamdulillah, man was not created to live a life in solitude.

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 3096, Narrated Anas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger said, "When a man marries he has fulfilled half of the religion; so let him fear Allah regarding the remaining half."

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-09-2012, 03:54 PM
I hate the fact that we have to do so much just to keep someone happy.
Do you know how much the parents have done to keep their kids happy?. But they never complain.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-09-2012, 03:59 PM

I think we'll naturally want to keep our other half happy though lol, assuming we find each other interesting and havent been forced to get involved with someone that repels us (the very thought is chilling!!)

ardianto
07-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Today doctor said, he will try new medicine for my wife, and it's expensive. Okay, I have prepared the money. I just want my wife get well because she really wants it. She's not just my life-mate or the mother of my kids, but someone who given by Allah to me. There is amanah, a mandate from Allah which I must keep, to make her happy.

But I can feel, Allah is fair. He is not only give me amanah, but also give love in my heart. This is the power that make her survive, she often told me about it.

Whatever people say about love, I just know that love is a grace from Allah.

Paprika
07-10-2012, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,

It does not feel like an effort when we perform any action out of LOVE (for both our spouse and Allah).

In fact, when in love - you will desire to do even more than expected.....just to see your beloved happy : )

We should be desirous of marriage - not only to fulfill the commands of Allah (subhanwataála) and his nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) for those who have the means, but also as a means of warding from Shaytaan and temptation.
And Alhamdulillah, man was not created to live a life in solitude.

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 3096, Narrated Anas ibn Malik

Allah's Messenger said, "When a man marries he has fulfilled half of the religion; so let him fear Allah regarding the remaining half."

and if this love doesn't happen??? Life becomes the greatest test......

Paprika
07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Do you know how much the parents have done to keep their kids happy?. But they never complain.
You simply cannot compare parental love with that of a spouse. Parental love is mostly unconditional, marital love has a lot of conditions.....

Paprika
07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I think we'll naturally want to keep our other half happy though lol, assuming we find each other interesting and havent been forced to get involved with someone that repels us (the very thought is chilling!!)
My feelings exactly.

ardianto
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
marital love has a lot of conditions.....
Marital love or extra-marital love?

Extra-marital love has a lot of conditions. I know it. The first girl who I wanted to marry left me because those "lot of conditions". But before I marry the woman who now becomes my wife, we had learn about meaning and purpose of marriage. And it can make us love each other unconditionally.

Unfortunately, there are married couple who do not understand the meaning and purpose of marriage. It make them love their spouse with lot of condition, and they are easy to divorce.

The success and happy marriage is marriage which the husband and wife can love each other unconditionally.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
The success and happy marriage is marriage which the husband and wife can love each other unconditionally.
I cant ever see myself understanding that lol

ardianto
07-11-2012, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
I cant ever see myself understanding that lol
Because you are still unmarried. Insha Allah,one day after you got married you will understand.

Typical of unconditional love is give, give, and give. The husband always want to give something to his wife without expect anything from her. The wife always want to gives something to the husband without expect anything from him. Different than conditional love that "take and give". The husband wants his wife follow what he wants, the wife wants her husband follow what she wants. If they get what they want, their level of love would increased, if they don't get what they want, their level of love would decreased.

Unconditional love between husband and wife would be happen only after they really understand the meaning of marriage. It's need time. How long this time is very determined by their level of maturity.

The happy and success marriage is a marriage when both parties love each other unconditionally. Remember, both parties. If only one party, it's not success marriage.

dysphoricrocker
07-11-2012, 04:30 AM
Such a good article. It'll help me alot ...when i get married that is.

Paprika
07-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Marital love or extra-marital love?

Extra-marital love has a lot of conditions. I know it. The first girl who I wanted to marry left me because those "lot of conditions". But before I marry the woman who now becomes my wife, we had learn about meaning and purpose of marriage. And it can make us love each other unconditionally.

Unfortunately, there are married couple who do not understand the meaning and purpose of marriage. It make them love their spouse with lot of condition, and they are easy to divorce.

Sorry bro I don't buy in. Love in marriage is nothing but kindness, love is kindness. Be kind to your wife and she MIGHT love you, or she might still not. Be nasty to her and thats it, she will hate you all the way to your grave and beyond....

Your parents on the other hand, be kind to them or not they will still love you. Love in marriage will only overlook petty wrong actions not major ones. Imo marital love is overated..........^o)

ardianto
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Sorry bro I don't buy in. Love in marriage is nothing but kindness, love is kindness. Be kind to your wife and she MIGHT love you, or she might still not. Be nasty to her and thats it, she will hate you all the way to your grave and beyond....

Your parents on the other hand, be kind to them or not they will still love you. Love in marriage will only overlook petty wrong actions not major ones. Imo marital love is overated..........^o)
I have been married for almost 18 years, and I live among married couples. I often discuss about marriage with them.

Of course I know much about marriage life, including love in marriage.

:)

~Zaria~
07-13-2012, 02:10 PM

Which is why we should always make duaa that Allah blesses us with pious, righteous AND compatible spouses.

Love is a two-way street, and both parties need to be equally committed to ensuring that the others needs are met.

Many marriages end, not because of a lack of love within the marriage......but because of an imbalance of love.

The one loves too much......the other, not enough.

This is not to mean that generally 'marital love is overated'.........those high on the bliss of love will beg to disagree : )

Trust in Allah, and make duaa that He blesses us with spouses who are the coolness to our eyes and the means of entering Jannah.

Riana17
07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
LOVE IT... thanks for sharing Sister

May Allah bless all the marriage couple. Ameen

~Zaria~
08-22-2012, 08:28 AM
EDIT to OP:

'ELEVEN' Ways to Achieve Lasting Love:

11. Women to remember:

lol :'D

Jedi_Mindset
08-22-2012, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
EDIT to OP:

'ELEVEN' Ways to Achieve Lasting Love:

11. Women to remember:

lol :'D
Hahaha, needed to smile seeing that, and it truly reflects on society of today. women want to marry a man often for his status, his money while keeping aside his deen. And yes, its kind of a problem. Ofcourse its good when your husband has good income, so he can take better for the family, but with more effort a poorer person can do the same.

But DEEN and good character are most important :)

By knowing each other nature, that will work out much better. women should know that men often have little patience, so they should think about that, men should know that women are more emotional beings, and therefore should act wisely to not upset her.

Periwinkle18
08-22-2012, 02:51 PM
JazakAllah for sharing sis :) will keep those in mind if i get married.

~Zaria~
08-25-2012, 05:56 PM
And now, one for the brothers:

12. If you are fortunate enough, you may marry one of these models:

Please remember to give her a break every now and then, by assuming any one of the above duties.

Shukran! : )

Periwinkle18
08-26-2012, 08:56 AM
^ lol :p

Muhaba
08-29-2012, 01:01 PM
i wil keep it in mind, insha-Allah.

@Paprika: such things should be enjoyable, not tiresome. it's true that marriage is no piece of cake and there will be times when you can't give and would be rather left alone, but those times should be less and at those times you must try harder to improve the relationship and not let shaytan get a chance to brew problems. being alone might not be the best way to deal with the situation as shaytan can get it's way and fill up the mind with ill thoughts about the spouse. at such an occasion, one should try to pray, do zikr and say duas seeking Allah's help to sort out the problems.

married ppl might want to comment (and I'd like to hear their views and ideas) as I am not married so can't really know if i'm right or not.

~Zaria~
01-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Assalamu-alaikum brothers and sisters,

In the following article, a wife describes some of the lessons that she has learnt during her 30 years of marriage. MashaAllah.

Just wanted to share it with everyone, and insha Allah, it would be of benefit to those who are already married/ those who are embarking on this journey.

Unlike the movies, making a life with another person is rarely a happily ever after.

There are stormy seasons and safe comforting shores by turn. In our life together, there have been times that my husband Yusuf and I could have given up because those comforting shores were nowhere to be seen.

But, this week marks three decades together as wife and husband.

In making it this far together, I’ve discovered four hard-learned truths in the creative process that is marriage:

Finding Fault:
It is easy to find fault with others, but much harder to really look at yourself and acknowledge your imperfections. For a long time I wanted my husband to be more like me. Now, I realize what a mess that would have been. With age, my own flaws have presented themselves more clearly, and that has made me more forgiving of others.

Count Your Blessings:
I have always wanted poetry; my husband is not the poetic type. I’ve come to see that all of the years he has worked so hard for his family are the best kind of poetry. It is love manifested– the doing of what needs to be done, day after day, year after year. When I think of that I say a prayer for him, count my blessings, and feel small in comparison.

Patience and Trust:
Throughout my life I’ve seen a recurring theme with others and in myself. We want what we want, but we don’t always know what we need. Some of the biggest blessings in my life have been the things that I wanted and prayed for, but did not receive. I’ve learned to be patient and trust – unanswered prayers make room for what I actually need.

Growth and Change:
People, like all living things, need room to grow. If you are with someone long enough, you are both going to evolve repeatedly. Sometimes it can be scary because we don’t always grow at the same time or rate, but change is as necessary as air for our survival.

Our development as individuals comes from our relationships with others; it is a never-ending journey. After 30 years, I feel indescribable gratitude to the man who is like a tree, solid and anchored, the opposite of my mercurial self, my perfect complement.

I am grateful for our life together and for the ebbs and flows along the way; it is all part of my life and story, our life and story.

{Khadija O’Connell}

strivingobserver98
04-20-2016, 04:48 PM
:jz: amazing share.

Bump :).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!