/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I Ugly?

AhmedSon
07-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Hello,
I have really long hair and for some reason I feel that people wont like me because I look ugly. Many people make fun of my hair and call it g#y witch makes me think people wont like me because I have g#y/long hair.
I really like it and I don't want to cut it but because of the teasing I fell pressured to.
What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
07-10-2012, 05:36 AM
If you are in school, the kids around you will find any reason to make fun of you. Even if you got rid of your hair there is likely to be something else that they'd pick on.

If you really like the hair I think you should keep it and just be patient and ignore what they think or say. Who cares what they feel.

AhmedSon
07-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Thank you for the advice XD. I will remember that!

ardianto
07-10-2012, 07:10 AM
If people around you made fun of your hair, it's means they like you. If they dislike you, they would not make fun about your hair, but would stay away from you.

They make fun of your hair because Your hair is look unique in their eyes. And actually your hair has becomes your trademark.

You are not ugly, and people will not hate you because your hair. Don't worry.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Endymion
07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
I saw so many people with long hair and one of a music star here also had really long hair and tell you what,they do look ugly,really disgusting +o( Every person should follow fashion in a descent way which look good to others as well.Its my sisterly advice for you to go to the barber straight and have a good hair cut.

Snowflake
07-10-2012, 09:55 AM
:sl:

It's Sunnah to have long hair. The Prophet's :saws1: hair would sometimes reach his shoulders and he would braid it. I am not sure if it's allowed for men to have hair longer than the shoulders. Someone please clarify this insha Allah.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has hair, let him take care of it.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 4163; classed as hasan by al-Haafiz ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari, 10/368.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I used to comb the hair of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when I was menstruating. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 291.

The hair of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came down to his earlobes, or between his ears and his shoulders, or it reached his shoulders. When his hair grew long, he would put it in four braids.

It was narrated from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the hair of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) reached his shoulders. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5563; Muslim, 2338.

Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The hair of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came down between his ears and his shoulders. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5565; Muslim, 2338.

According to a report narrated by Muslim: The hair of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came halfway down his ears.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The hair of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came down longer than his earlobes and shorter than his shoulders. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1755; Abu Dawood, 4187; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

It was narrated that Umm Haani’ (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Makkah and he had four braids. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1781; Abu Dawood, 4191; Ibn Maajah, 3631; classed as hasan by Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Baari; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Mukhtasar al-Shamaa’il, 23.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

What is indicated by the hadeeth is that his hair usually came down to his shoulders, and sometimes it was so long that he wore it in braids, as was narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Tirmidhi with a hasan isnaad from Umm Haani’ who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to Makkah and he had four braids. This is to be understood as referring to times when he was so preoccupied that he could not take care of his hair for a long time, such as when travelling and the like.

End quote from Fath al-Baari, 10/360. http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/69822/men…

Endymion
07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
This.

format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
The hair of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came down to his earlobes, or between his ears and his shoulders, or it reached his shoulders. When his hair grew long, he would put it in four braids.
A few of my cousins and some other people i have seen whose hair are between ear and shoulder and they look good but hair down the shoulder looks really ugly +o(

Snowflake
07-10-2012, 10:48 AM
^lol sisso, I think it depends how it's kept. But if it's longer than past the shoulders than I'd find that feminine and yukky. My son is currently growing his hair. It looks a bit bedraggled atm but once its down to his shoulders and straightened like the Prophet's :saws1: hair was I will braid it for him insha Allah :D He is a teenager after all so I have to give him some leeway *sigh* lol

AhmedSon
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
A few of my cousins and some other people i have seen whose hair are between ear and shoulder and they look good but hair down the shoulder looks really ugly
Don't worry its not down the shoulders.
I saw so many people with long hair and one of a music star here also had really long hair and tell you what,they do look ugly
Well I'm not a music star btw and my hair looks nothing like jb.
They make fun of your hair because Your hair is look unique in their eyes. And actually your hair has becomes your trademark.
Thanks for that it means alot! I guess my hair is kinda a trademark of me!

Life_Is_Short
07-10-2012, 12:16 PM
You should not listen to them. Even if you had short hair people will still have something to say about you. That's just human nature. Do what pleases you, not others.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
the amount of things I was picked on with as a kid lol, ignore it bro, maybe they are just jealous :p

Its not important what people think bro, its important what islam says. So just keep to the guidelines and you'll be ok, dont give into pressure, it can lead to a downward spiral :)

tango92
07-10-2012, 07:33 PM
well bro, even if you are ugly in the eyes of some, you are beautiful in the eyes of Allah because he created you

give it a few years and these so called beautiful people will have their skin dripping of them from old age, subhanAllah

Asiyah3
07-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Of course you're not ugly. Only those people are ugly who have made themselves to be so by their bad manners, bad words and bad actions (making other people sad on purpose, ridiculing others, being arrogant, showing off etc.).

I like it when a guy has a bit grown hair like:

GuestFellow
07-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Asslamu Aliakum,

Don't let those idiots get to you.

GuestFellow
07-10-2012, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I saw so many people with long hair and one of a music star here also had really long hair and tell you what,they do look ugly,really disgusting +o( Every person should follow fashion in a descent way which look good to others as well.Its my sisterly advice for you to go to the barber straight and have a good hair cut.
Asslamu Aliakum,

:/

Are we related? You sound like my aunt.

Endymion
07-11-2012, 04:13 AM
I'm officially an aunt to a 8 month old girl and surely it can't be you :hmm: but there may be a possibility in my thousands of cousins and their kids.Which one can be you :/:

I don't know what OP means with "really long hair"?If its like the pic Aasiyah has posted,then i like it.I really appreciate it in "Prince of Persia" but if its like that http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...fZxNwIWQ0g&t=1 its unbearable +o(

AhmedSon
07-11-2012, 10:16 AM
like that link its unbearable
HAHAHA.. Don't worry its not like that +o(
I like it when a guy has a bit grown hair like
A bit like that pic except i'm not as OLD as him.
Thanks All, you guys are really helpful!

Endymion
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedSon
HAHAHA.. Don't worry its not like that
Then thats ok.You are allowed to keep that hair style :statisfie

AhmedSon
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Then thats ok.You are allowed to keep that hair style
I don't think any teenager would even do something like that (Unless there a hippie) XD

Endymion
07-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Or red Indian (Ab-origin) may be :hmm: What are you,little brother :/:

Huzzy_786
07-11-2012, 02:05 PM
You are not ugly. Just ignore them and they will find another place to go to, since they just pick on you to find a reaction.

ardianto
07-11-2012, 02:22 PM
My brother in-law friend has thick mustache and waist-long hair. And he maintain himself very well, always dressed well, smell good, and his hair is very smooth. His habit is comb his long hair while sitting. It's remind me to picture of mermaid. So, I called him "merman".

AhmedSon
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Thank you for your support!

tango92
07-21-2012, 02:46 AM
but bro, i dont see why you cant just get a haircut?

it is a bit girly tbh

IbnAbdulHakim
07-21-2012, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
My brother in-law friend has thick mustache and waist-long hair. And he maintain himself very well, always dressed well, smell good, and his hair is very smooth. His habit is comb his long hair while sitting. It's remind me to picture of mermaid. So, I called him "merman".
its important not to imitate women tho, and that dude sure sounsd like his imitating a woman !

ardianto
07-21-2012, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
its important not to imitate women tho, and that dude sure sounsd like his imitating a woman !
He doesn't imitate women in dressing. But his hair, yes, like woman hair. Long until until waist and very smooth. Also he has habit to comb his hair when he is sitting.

He is a theater artist, I think.

Salahudeen
07-21-2012, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedSon
Hello,
I have really long hair and for some reason I feel that people wont like me because I look ugly. Many people make fun of my hair and call it g#y witch makes me think people wont like me because I have g#y/long hair.
I really like it and I don't want to cut it but because of the teasing I fell pressured to.
What should I do?
You should not let what other people say affect your mentality towards yourself because what's important at the end of the day is that you like the way you look, people all ways have something to say and they will never be pleased, if its not your hair it'll be something else so you should put yourself before what these people say. You should tell these people if they are Muslim that the Prophet (saw) had long her and they are indirectly making fun of him, by calling long hair gay.

Go with the look that you think suits you best and makes you feel the most confident.

GuestFellow
07-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Just make sure your hair complies with Islamic requirements. That is all. Forget other people's interpretations that long hair is gay/girly. Their opinion is irrelevant as they will be judged too.

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
How is it unbearable? It's just hair...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!