/* */

PDA

View Full Version : illustrations for two children books

جوري
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
looking for someone to do illustrations for two children books I'd written ... I'd like it vibrant with no features ...something like this:

if interested pls. pm so i can send you the script and my vision for the two books

this will be a thankless job otherwise but you can put it on a resume

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
bump ......

Endymion
07-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Are you going to publish these books,wlie?I wish i could help but im not good at it :hmm: but i'd love to read those books :statisfie

جوري
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
yes in shaa Allah ukhty I am going to self publish :) ...btw love the use of wlie ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-11-2012, 06:05 PM
what about muezzin? think of the cute Muslim children being turned on to reading :shade:

Endymion
07-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I think Haya Eman or Amat Allah can help in this regard :hmm:

جوري
07-11-2012, 06:12 PM
we can count sis Amat Allah out :( I already asked her :p

Endymion
07-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Aaaa i can understand.She doesn't want to draw human pictures,right :statisfie

جوري
07-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I think it's another reason but I already said no features so lol
Kids prefer to draw themselves over an outline so I don't want features for more than one reason .. It's really not that tedious I know it sounds daunting but it's easy pleasy lemon squeazy as my niece says.. Won't be more than five or six illustrations per book .. I'd written those a century ago practically in 1793 and they're still in my folder :( lol

جوري
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd do it myself if I didn't draw like a three year old believe me stick figures is all I am capable of I like and can do oil color landscape but not characters it's very difficult for me and Allah swt has mercy on the being who knows his capabities and self worth so I won't pretend to be able to do something which I can't .. :(

Endymion
07-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Aww if you want it kiddish,i can give it a try.If you like,send me the books,i'll try and if its worth showing you,i'll send you so you can check and approve :D

جوري
07-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Aww jazaki Allah khyran yes I don't want something out of this world pls leave me your email by PM if you don't mind I'll send you two attachments in shaa Allah. I am running back and forth running errands so pls be patient with me :)

Endymion
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
I was doing the same ;D Inbox ya and to be patient is your job now :hiding:

جوري
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
جزاك الله خيرا اختي ان شاء الله check both your email and PM
:)

White Rose
07-13-2012, 05:04 PM
My drawing is horrible too...I can pretty much draw stick figures. But I would love to read your stories once they are done. ( Don't tell me I am too old for them :grumbling)

جوري
07-13-2012, 07:51 PM
:haha: what's going on here my lovelies :)
In shaa Allah when it's completed and dressed up will let you see it and whoa sr. Endymion .. The little girl I wrote it for didn't seem particularly impressed lol but the first one especially I wrote because when she got sick she was treated so badly by a family member on a day when both her parents were working and her eyes welled up with tears but she wouldn't let it out and after they left she threw herself at my mom and sobbed and that just broke my heart even more so because I didn't expect that particular person to humiliate her that way I guess I was disappointed with many people that day and so writing it was an outlet..
In shaa Allah - Allah swt will forgive us all our short comings the ones intended and those not intended which hurt the most and could potentially land us in the most trouble for what's worse against a person than the supplication from one who has been done harm whom we don't even know of...
Anywho hopefully those who have and those who haven't can appreciate the message of the book even if it's unrelated to the original reason I wrote it :D

Endymion
07-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Subhanallah,you'll be an ideal Mommy i can tell you :D and may be little thing isn't impressed coz its more like a document to her.When it'll come in the shape of book with pictures,she'll love it and feel proud to have a aunt like you :statisfie

I'm thinking if your granny were there,she would explain it to the little girl in a more interesting way :statisfie

جوري
07-13-2012, 08:29 PM
oh my God sisters you say such amazing things about me which aren't true ...jazakoum Allah khyran hope you can make out what i wrote my God look at all those typos i am using my phone so it autocorrects as it pleases lol...mom becomes mon and other funnies.. well so long as you get the gist in shaa Allah
yes I ruined another keyboard so sue me lol

Ali137
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I would buy this book

جوري
07-15-2012, 07:00 PM
:haha: ................

White Rose
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
imsad I miss the convo

So sis, the book you are writing, is it going to be a series?

جوري
07-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I know it might sound crazy but when I write stories or poetry I don't sit down and think about it the way say I do replying on a forum -- it doesn't come from my frontal lobe as such I can't predict if it will come to me again lol .. I need inspiration and the older I get 1693 and all the more difficult for inspiration to come a knocking :)))
We'll see how these do anyway in shaa Allah and take it from there it's just a hobby to write so I am not too terribly disappointed if it doesn't go anywhere you know unlike the time and investment I expended over my medical career... Life is strange isn't it? It owes you nothing though you may give it everything .. It's good to learn early though what the purpose of life is and why we are truly here ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!