/* */

PDA

View Full Version : O slave of Allah, DO NOT GRIEVE

Periwinkle18
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
O slave of Allah, DO NOT GRIEVE
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
Many years have passed, and you’re still at the same place. You’re at the same tree, sitting under it; wondering if you’ll ever be happy. You say, “I am not happy. Why am I suffering like this, and why can’t I be happy like all other people?”
Tears in your eyes, your heart is breaking apart from the pain you have been enduring all these years. You feel very lonely, you feel very sad; and as a result of that you are avoiding people so that they won’t judge you. Now, you’re looking at the sky, you raise your hands and you say a beautiful Du’a, hoping that Allah (swt) will answer your Supplication.
Time is passing, and you claim that your Du’a is not answered yet. “Has Allah abandoned me?” you’re asking yourself. “Does Allah love me? If yes, then why is my Du’a not answered?” Now, falling on your knees, you’re saying slowly, “Where are you Allah? I need you! I desperately need you!” You begin to lose hope; because you want Allah to help you. You want Allah to change your situation.
You’re on your knees, tears fall from your eyes as the rain falls from the sky. But wait; now Allah (the Exalted) is sending Light from Himself, in your heart. “What is this?” you’re asking yourself. You feel peace, and deep inside your heart you know that Allah is telling you (i.e. a feeling that tells you), “I am with you. Do not fear, do not grieve.”
O slave of Allah, do not grieve; know that Allah (the Exalted) loves you. He (the Exalted) says: Despair not of the mercy of Allah… (Qur’an 39:53)
So do not despair of the mercy of Allah, and do not seek death to be your end; because Anas (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam), said: “None of you should wish for death because of some harm(hardship) which has befallen him. If he has got to do something, he should say, ‘O Allah, make me live if life is best for me and make me die if death is best for me.’” (Bukhari)
O slave of Allah, do not think that Allah is punishing you by the tears you shed, and that your heart is sad. The Messenger of Allah (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: Allah does not punish for shedding tears, nor for the grief of the heart… (Bukhari) Also it is narrated that once the Messenger of Allah (‘alayhi salaam) started shedding tears and his Companion by the name Sa’ad (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) asked him, “O Messenger of Allah, what is this? Meaning, “Why are you crying, O Messenger of Allah?” Thereupon, he (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: “(Tears are a form of) mercy that Allah has lodged in the hearts of His servants, and Allah is merciful only to those of His servants who are merciful (to others).” (Bukhari)
O slave of Allah, do not grieve; because Allah (the Exalted) loves you indeed. The evidence for that are the trials which you are facing, during all this time. These trials are not punishment from Allah. They are in reality a Mercy from Allah, Mercy in disguise. It is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: When Allah desires good for someone, He afflicts him (with hardships).” [Al-Bukhari] and in another narration he (‘alayhi salaam) said: “The greatest reward goes together with the greatest affliction. When Allah Almighty loves people, He tests them. All who are content (with His decree) receive His good pleasure. Those who are angry (with His decree) receive His anger.” [Tirmidhi]
O slave of Allah, your Lord has never forsaken you. He knows everything about you, and this is why Allah (the Exalted says): Your Lord has neither forsaken you nor hated you. And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world). And verily, your Lord will give you (all i.e. good, Paradise) so that you shall be well-pleased. (Qur’an 93:3-5)
Allah knows what kind of hardship you’re enduring, and He (the Exalted) says: No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of Allah. and if any one believes in Allah, (Allah) guides his heart (aright): for Allah knows all things. (Qur’an 64:11)
But for this, O slave of Allah: surely you must strive (to attain) to your Lord, a hard striving until you meet Him. (Qur’an 84:6)
O slave of Allah, remember this: You may dislike something which is good for you, and you may like something which is bad for you. Allah knows while you do not know. (Qur’an 2:216)
Do not grieve, and know that you can’t be a true Muslim, until you face trials and tribulations. You can’t enter Jannah, until you are tested according to your Iman. And you can’t gain Allah’s (swt) pleasure until you face these tests, these trials; with patience and perseverance. You must strive in the cause of Allah (swt). You must be a strong Muslim; and this is achieved only through knowledge, patience, and contentment.
Abu Huraira (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) narrated that Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.” (Bukhari)
O slave of Allah, what do you think this Hadith means?
It means that you must remain patient even though the calamities are shaking you to the left and right side. It means that you must accept the decree of Allah (swt); to remain content with what He (swt) has prescribed for you in this world, and it means your Iman must remain strong and stable even though the calamities are shaking it with the best effort to break it down. There is ease after every hardship, so O slave of Allah: “Know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship.” (Tirmidhi) The victory is with patience; because patience is the best way to attain Allah’s (swt) pleasure.
O slave of Allah, be a mountain! Be a mountain, and you will never collapse, even though the rain is falling, or if it is snowing, or a cold wind is blowing; remain strong O slave of Allah. This is a Muslim, this is a believer; and this is a slave of Allah! You are tested according to your Iman; and your trials are the evidence of your level of Iman. This is a faze which every believer must pass in this world; so that everyone can be rewarded justly in the Akhirah (Hereafter). Allah (the Exalted) says about this:
  • (Allah is He) Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;
  • And the life of this world is nothing but play and amusement. But far better is the house in the Hereafter for those who are Al­Muttaqûn (the righteous and pious). Will you not then understand? (Qur’an 6:32)
  • And Allâh has created the heavens and the earth with truth, in order that each person may be recompensed what he has earned, and they will not be wronged (Qur’an 45:22)
Read well; O slave of Allah, when the Companions asked the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) about the one who suffers the most in life, he said that the most who suffer are: “The Prophets, then the righteous people, then those who are nearest to them in perfection and those who are nearest to them. Man is tested according to his Iman (faith in Allah); if he is strong in Iman, his test is increased and if he is weak in Iman, his test is reduced. And a believer will be tested until he walks on the earth sinless [i.e. his sins have been erased by series of afflictions that he endured.]“ (Bukhari)
You are asking yourself why you are enduring hardships, well know, that there are many reasons why a believer is tested with hardships; but the following ten points are some of the many reasons why Allah is testing you:
  1. 1. To purify your soul from sins (i.e. erase your sins).

• Abu Sa’id and Abu Hurayra reported that the Allah’s Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: “No fatigue, illness, anxiety, sorrow, harm or sadness afflicts any Muslim, even to the extent of a thorn pricking him, without Allah wiping out his sins by it.” (Bukhari)
  • Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Affliction will continue to trouble the believers, men and women, in their bodies, their families, and their property until they meet Allah Almighty purified of every wrong action.” (Bukhari)
  • Another transmission adds, “and in their children.”
  1. 2. To teach you patience, so that He (swt) may reward you for it. And this is the best sign of Iman.

• and who are As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.) in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are Al-Muttaqûn (pious – see V.2:2). (Qur’an 2:177)
  • It is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:“How amazing is the affair of the Muslim. His affairs are all good. If he experiences ease, he is grateful (to Allah), and that is good for him. And if he experiences hardship, he faces it with patience and perseverance, and that is also good for him.” (Bukhari)
  • It is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “Patience comes with forbearance” (Daruqutni Hasan Sahih)
  • It is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “The best of faith is patience and magnanimity.” (Ahmad, Sahih)
  1. 3. To bring you closer to Himself (swt), until Allah (swt) loves you. This is achieved through obedience of Allah (swt), reflecting upon His (swt) Signs, performing many acts of worship, and enjoying good and forbidding wrong.

• “No doubt! Verily, the Awliya’ [close friends] of Allaah, no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve. Those who believed, and used to fear Allaah much (by abstaining from evil deeds and sins and by doing righteous deeds). For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present world, and in the Hereafter. No change can there be in the Words of Allaah. This is indeed the supreme success”[Qur’an 10:62-64]
  • Abu Huraira (radiyAllahu ‘anhu), narrated that Allah’s Messenger (may peace and blessings be upon him) as saying that Allah Be Exalted said: “I am near the thought of my servant as long as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as long as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My heart. And if he remembers me in a gathering, I remember him in a gathering better than his gathering, and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by a cubit, and if he draws near Me by a cubit, I draw near him by the space covered with two arms. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.” (Bukhari)
  • Abu Huraira (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel saying, ‘Allah loves so and-so; O Gabriel! love him.’ Gabriel would love him and make an announcement amongst the inhabitants of the Heaven. ‘Allah loves so-and-so, therefore you should love him also,’ and so all the inhabitants of the Heaven would love him, and then he is granted the pleasure of the people on the earth.” (Bukhari)
  • On the authority of Ibn Abbas (radiyAllahu ‘anhu), who said:The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) narrated this sacred Hadith: “The Prophet David, addressing himself to Allah, said: ‘which of your servants is more beloved to you?’ Allah said: ‘O David, the most beloved servant to Me us the pure-hearted and clean-handed, who neither wrongs anyone nor walks backbiting between people. If mountains are removed he does not. He loves Me and loves those who love Me and makes Me love my servants. David said: ‘O my Lord, you know that I love You, and I love those who love You, how can I make you love your servants? Allah replied: ‘Remind them of My bounties, My tests of catastrophe and My wrath. O David, no servant of Mine helps a wrong person or walks with him in his grievance, without My affirming his feet the day feet are removed.” (Bayhaqi and Ibn Asakir)
  1. 4. To elevate your rank (in Jannah), and if you deserve you’ll achieve a place in Jannat-ul Firdous by Allah’s (swt) Mercy. This is achieved through much striving in Allah’s cause, along with great fortitude and perseverance during calamities.

• For all (people) there will be degrees (or ranks) according to what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do. (Qur’an 6:132)
  • …Allah will raise up to (high) ranks (and degrees) those of you who believe and who have been granted knowledge. [Qur’an 58:11]
  • Anas (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: “A reward’s magnitude is according to an affliction’s magnitude. When Allah (swt) loves some people, He afflicts them… (Tirmidhi, Sahih)
  • Aisha (radiyAllahu ‘anha) narrated that once an illness afflicted the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) causing him to turn about in his bed in pain. She said, “If any of us did this, you would have rebuked him.” He (pbuh) replied: “Indeed, affliction is intensified for the righteous. Whenever a believer is afflicted with hardship, be it a thorn or more, a sin is removed from him, and he is elevated one level (in Jannah).” ( Ahmad, Hakim, Sahih)
  1. 5. To distinguish the righteous believer, from the hypocrite and disbeliever..

• In order that Allâh may distinguish the wicked (disbelievers, polytheists and doers of evil deeds) from the good (believers of Islâmic Monotheism and doers of righteous deeds), and put the wicked (disbelievers, polytheists and doers of evil deeds) one on another, heap them together and cast them into Hell. Those! it is they who are the losers. (Qur’an 8:37)
  • That He may admit the believing men and the believing women to Gardens under which rivers flow (i.e. Paradise), to abide therein forever, and to expiate from them their sins, and that is with Allâh, a supreme success. (Qur’an 48:5)
  • And that He may punish the Hypocrites, men and women, and the Polytheists men and women, who imagine an evil opinion of Allah. On them is a round of Evil: the Wrath of Allah is on them: He has cursed them and got Hell ready for them: and evil is it for a destination. (Qur’an 48:6)
  1. 6. To help your Iman be firm like a mountain, and increase your Taqwah.

• Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in both of them…(Muslim)
  • And Allah will deliver those who have Taqwa to their places of success. Evil shall touch them not, nor shall they grieve” (Qur’an 39:61)
  • The most honored, in the sight of Allah, is the believer with the most Taqwa [Qur’an 49:13]
  • Abu Hurairah (radhiallahu anhu) narrated that “Allah’s Messenger (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam) was asked,“Who are the most honorable of the people?”The Messenger of Allah (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam) said, “The most honorable of them in Allah’s Sight are those who keep their duty to Allah and fear Him…” (Bukhari)
  1. 7. To help you achieve wisdom, and this is of the best blessings from Allah (swt).

• He [Allah] grants wisdom to whom He pleases; and he to whom wisdom is granted indeed receives a benefit overflowing. But none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. [Qur’an 2:269]
  1. 8. To protect you from a bigger calamity. And your Du’a (supplication to Allah) is the best act of worship; which can protect and save you from a calamity (insh’Allah).

• “Verily, my Walî (Protector, Supporter, and Helper, etc.) is Allâh Who has revealed the Book (the Qur’ân), and He protects (supports and helps) the righteous. (Qur’an 7:196)
  • Allâh will protect you from mankind. Verily, (and) Allâh guides not the people who disbelieve. (Qur’an 5:67)
  • It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Du`a’ benefits in the things that have happened as well as the things that have not happened yet. The calamity comes down, but the Du`a’ confronts it and they may continuously wrestle until the Day of Resurrection.” (Reported by Al-Hakim.)
  • And the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) is narrated also to have said: “Nothing is more honorable to Allah the Most High than Dua.” [Sahih al-Jami` no.5268].
  • And also the authentic Hadith which says: “The most excellent worship is the Du`a.” [Sahih Al-Jami` no. 1133]
  • Jabir narrates from the Messenger (sallallâhu ‘alayhi wasallam): “Whoever does duaa to Allah, Allah fulfills his seeking or in exchange averts misfortune until the duaa is not related to sin or breaking some relation.” (Tirmidhi)
  1. 9. To help you understand your purpose and to fulfill it.

• And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). (Qur’an 51:52)
  • Nay! But worship Allâh (Alone and none else), and be among the grateful. (Qur’an 39:66)
  1. 10. To help you trust Allah (swt), be content in life, and to accept His (swt) Decree upon you.

• It is narrated by Umar ibn al-Khattab that he heard Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) say, “If you were to trust in Allah genuinely He would give you provision as He does for the birds which go out hungry in the morning and come back full in the evening.” (Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)
  • ‘Amr b. al-’As reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He Is successful who has accepted Islam, who has been provided with sufficient for his want and been made contented by Allah with what He has given him. (Muslim)
  • It is narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “Verily, for everything there is a reality, and the worshipper does not acquire true faith until he realizes that what befalls him was not meant to pass him by, and what passes him by was not meant to befall him.” (Saheeh al-Jaami as-Sagheer wa Ziyaadatuh’)
  • Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A strong believer is better and is more lovable to Allah than a weak believer, and there is good in everyone, (but) cherish that which gives you benefit (in the Hereafter) and seek help from Allah and do not lose heart, and if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you, don’t say: If I had not done that, it would not have happened so and so, but say: Allah did that what He had ordained to do, and your ” if” opens the (gate) for the Satan. (Muslim)
O slave of Allah; that is why Allah (the Exalted) says: You may dislike something which is good for you, and you may like something which is bad for you. Allah knows while you do not know. (Qur’an 2:216)
These trials may seem like something bad to you, but as mentioned previously, they are a Mercy from Allah (the Exalted). A Mercy in disguise. But in time you will come to know, the good results of this Mercy. Do not give up, and do not lose hope; make Du’as, and be assured in your heart that Allah will accept the Du’a.
Abdullah bin Umar (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said, “For whoever the door of Dua opened, for him the doors of mercy are opened…” (Tirmidhi)
Abu Hurairah (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) reported:The Messenger of Allah (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: “The supplication of every one of you will be granted if he does not get impatient and say (for example): `I supplicated to my Rubb(Lord) but my prayer has not been granted’.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
And it is narrated by Abu Huraira (radiyAllahu ‘anhu) that Allah’s Messenger (salla’llahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: Make Dua and be assured of being answered, and know that Allah does not answer a Dua from a careless heart which is not concentrating. (Tirmidhi)
O slave of Allah, keep your hope in Allah’s Mercy alive in your heart, keep your intentions pure for the sake of Allah (the Exalted); and keep striving in Allah’s cause to earn His (the Exalted) Pleasure, Love, and Mercy. Let the Qur’an and Sunnah be the Light in your heart, let your mind be filled with Wisdom by Allah (the Exalted); and let He (the Exalted) guide you with this on the Sirat-al Mustaqeem (the straight path). When you overcome your whims and desires, and when you’ll fill your heart only with Allah’s Light and Love; then nothing can take you astray from the right path, and nothing can force you to give up from Allah. You will be like a mountain, which cannot be crushed. Hold on tight to the rope of Allah, hold on to this rope which is made from the Mercy of Allah, and you will be successful in this world and the Hereafter.
Do not grief; and remember Allah (the Exalted), and remain grateful to Him (the Exalted). Take care of your health, and continue seeking (religious) knowledge; for these are blessings without a value. Use your time beneficially; do not waste your time on things that do not concern and that aren’t of benefit to you in the Hereafter. Allah’s Messenger is reported to have said: There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.” [Bukhari]
O slave of Allah,take a lesson from every aspect in this worldly test life, and protect yourself with patience and knowledge. Know that this world is one huge trap, and shaytan is calling day and night to enter this trap. And the one who will keep you safe from it is none else but Allah (the Exalted). Hence, seek knowledge in the Qur’an and Sunnah, and seek Allah to grant you patience. Iman (faith) is received only by Allah, and He (the Exalted) grants this through knowledge. Therefore let knowledge be your weapon, and patience your shield, with which you will defend yourself from the trap of this world. Knowledge and patience are two blessings from Allah that are priceless, so be grateful to Allah for that; and do not grieve about the things you don’t have, because if you did have them, then maybe it would have been worse for you. Be grateful for what you have, be content with it; live for the sake of Allah, and whatever you do, do it for the sake of Allah (the Exalted).
Remember these words of the great Companion, ‘Ali bin Abi Talib (radiyAllahu ‘anhu); who said to Ash’ath upon the death of one of his sons: “If you are sad, then you are deserving of mercy, but if you are patient, then Allah gives you something in place of what was lost or destroyed. And know that if you are patient, everything that was destined for you and preordained for you will occur and you will be rewarded. If you complain and are hopeless, then likewise all that was destined for you will occur, except that you will be blamed for your impatience at Allah’s Will.” (Gems and Jewels, by Abdul-Malik Mudjahid, p. 59)
May Allah (the Exalted) bless you, may He have Mercy on you, may He give you ease after hardship, and may He reward you for your patience and the striving you do in the cause of Allah (the Exalted, AMIN!
And may the peace and blessings of Allah (the exalted) be upon the Messenger Muhammad (salla’lahu ‘alejhi wessellem), his Family (radijAllahu ‘anhu); and his Companions (radijAllahu ‘anhu).
Verily those who say, “Our Lord is Allah,” and remain steadfast (on that Path), on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (Qur’an 46:13)

http://haqwalilm.wordpress.com/2011/...lah-why-grief/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Alhamdulillah ya Rabbil'aalameen !!

Jazakallah khyran in abundance to you sister.

Periwinkle18
07-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Remember me in ur duas Akhi :) n someone sent me this i thought id post it hea plz pray for him too may Allah reward him lots n lots Ameen

tw009
07-11-2012, 06:15 PM
JazakAllah Kher. This was much needed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
prayforme
07-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Jazak Allah khayer. What an uplifting article. May Allah reward you for that..:bravo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!