/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Former Miss SA embraces Islam in Gaza

Perseveranze
07-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Qaanitah Hunter- Cii News – July 12, 2012

She cannot articulate her emotions; she is on the verge of breaking down. This was the state of former Miss South Africa (1976), Lynne Massyn, when she spoke of her embracing Islam.

In front of 10 000 guests and 450 students, Lynne proclaimed the Shahada or testimony of Faith during a graduation ceremony at the Islamic University of Gaza on Tuesday night.

She was part of a humanitarian group in Gaza representing the South African Relief Agency (SARA), under the leadership of Sheikh Walid as-Saadi. Lynne accompanied the organisation as a fellow humanitarian.

She says her interest in Islam and Muslim people began around a year and a half ago when she joined the group as the media liaison officer.

“During this time I found out about Palestine, courtesy of Walid as-Saadi, and I just felt the surge of Islam among these people that was so welcoming and wonderful to me,” she described.

Her proclamation of the Shahada was televised and broadcast over various Arab stations.

At the ceremony, Sheikh as-Saadi was awarded a doctorate and the team was honored as esteemed guests.

Lynne said it was an amazing evening and seemed to be ‘the right time’. “It was so emotional and just so unforgettable.”

The beauty queen said that prior to her discovery of Islam she was not inclined to any particular religion.

“It was the spirit of the people initially, the dignity and morality is what attracted me and then of course the reality,” she said describing how her interest to Islam was prompted.

She explained how her move was warmly received by the Palestinian people of Gaza: “It was really so emotional,” she said. “I could hardly get out of there, the people were showering me with so much love and warmth. I have never felt so welcomed by people in my life,” Lynne said.

“I can hardly speak about it at this moment because it hasn’t yet sunk in.”

http://www.ciibroadcasting.com/2012/...islam-in-gaza/

Shahada video;

A case of Allah guiding someone to Islam, through the good actions of Muslims, who as we all know, are going through their own hardships.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-13-2012, 03:10 AM
:sl:

Alhamdulillah.

dysphoricrocker
07-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Alhamdulillah.

Indeed Allah has said

Truth stands out clear from Error

~Zaria~
07-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Alhamdulillah!

Surat Yūnus 10:25

And Allah invites to the Home of Peace and guides whom He wills to a straight path

Who could have known the taqdeer of this servant of Allah, back in the day of her pageant.......but Allah (subhanawataƔla)?

An important reminder to avoid judging others - as long as we are alive, there exists the possibility of our hearts turning either towards our Creator, or away from Him.
SubhanAllah.

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-13-2012, 12:57 PM
:sl:

Alhamdulillahi robbil alamin.

White Rose
07-13-2012, 04:47 PM
It is good news but only thing I didn't like was that they broadcasted the event.

IbnAbdulHakim
07-13-2012, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
It is good news but only thing I didn't like was that they broadcasted the event.
felt the same

but Alhamdulillaah !

Ramadan90
07-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Look what a good manner only could do. If all of us muslims could be like that...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!