/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In your opinion - whats going too far - IE point of divorce?

IbnAbdulHakim
07-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I keep hearing all these stories about monster in laws and difficult husbands/wives.

My question is at what point do you think a person should even consider leaving a partner?

I ask this because most people I know are leaving good marriages due to difficult in laws/husbands.

To be honest, and believe me I have thought about this a lot, I dont think even if my wife cheats on me I will divorce her unless shes a persistant faasiq (IE ive told her to repent, ive given her the chance to change and she still thihasnt). I dont think I can divorce a wife over a monster in law or monster in laws (plural) I thnk i will do what I can to keep her happy.

obviously this is all very hypothetical, but my question is, at what point do you say "thats it , enough, TALAAQ!"

forgive me if this has already been asked.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
07-14-2012, 09:22 PM
:sl:

I'm quite forgiving guy. The only time I would consider divorcing my wife if she left Islam or committed murder.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!