/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why making Wudhu is such a blessing?

Qurratul Ayn
07-15-2012, 10:41 PM
:salamext:

"Surely Allah loves those who turn to Him and those who care for cleanliness" (Quran 2:222)

Our deen has been blessed with a special gift called Wudhu, we make it before we pray, but wudhu itself has so many hidden blessings which are astonishing to say the least!

The Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, “When a Muslim, or a believer, washes his face (in the course of Wudhu), every sin which he committed with his eyes, will be washed away from his face with water, or with the last drop of water; when he washes his hands, every sin which he committed by his hands will be effaced from his hands with the water, or with the last drop of water; and when he washes his feet, every sin his feet committed will be washed away with the water, or with the last drop of water; until he finally emerges cleansed of all his sins.” [Saheeh Muslim]
  • This hadith informs us of the fantastic blessings of Wudhu. Wudhu is a means of purification of the body as well as of the soul. Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) in His mercy has made clearing ourselves of our sins as simple as washing off dirt. Wudhu removes minor sins, provided that these sins are not related to the rights of people. Sins which result from harming another person are only forgiven by either compensating the aggrieved, obtaining his or her forgiveness, or praying sincerely for him/her.

Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) saying: "On the Day of Resurrection, my followers (or Ummah) will be summoned `Al-Ghurr Al-Muhajjalun' from the traces of Wudu'. Whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so.'' [Bukhari and Muslim]

• The word "Ghurr'' is the plural of "Agharr'' which means shining or white. It is used for animals (like a horse), i.e., a white mark on its face. Here, it refers to that radiance which will issue from the brows of the believers on the Day of Resurrection and which will make them prominent. Muhajjalun is from Tahjil which also means whiteness but it is used for that whiteness which is found on all the four or at least on three legs of a horse. Here, it refers to that light which will shine through the hands and feet of the believers because of their habit of performing Wudu'. This means that the believers among the Muslims will be distinguished from other communities by virtue of the refulgence issuing from their faces, hands and feet on the Day of Resurrection in the same way that a horse with a white forehead is easily distinguised from other horses.

Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) reported: I heard my Khalil (the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم)) as saying, "The adornment of the believer (in Jannah) will reach the places where the water of Wudu' reaches (his body).'' [Saheeh Muslim]

`Uthman ibn `Affan (رضي الله عنه) reported: The Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "He who performs the Wudu' perfectly (i.e., according to Sunnah), his sins will depart from his body, even from under his nails.'' [Saheeh Muslim]

Insha'Allaah, y'all may find the thread informative :)

I received it in a an e-mail from 1Eid charity, who have a project going on now called Water 4 Wudhu, here is the website www.justgiving.com/water4wudhu

Please try to donate as they are doing a great job, Masha'Allaah!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*KB*
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
:bump1:

Ramadan90
07-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you for this beautiful article sister! Indeed, Wudhu is a blessing. And it has a calming effect that I just love.

dysphoricrocker
07-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Wonderful. Alhamdulillah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
07-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Subhanallah
I love being a Muslim, alhamdollellah

May Allah reward you for sharing this Ukhtee

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!