/* */

PDA

View Full Version : family and friends

1searching
07-16-2012, 03:11 AM
I am seriously considering conversion but I have one concern. How to deal with my friends and family once I break the news to them? It's not affecting my decision but I know I'll here the usual objections. What is the best way to deal with this? Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Well you know best what your family is like bro

Depending on how open minded they are I would hope that explaining to them your reasons for wanting to embrace this faith would be enough to have their support.

Most non-muslims seem to be supportive of the freedom to choose right? I only pray you have a similar situation.

Besides once you have islaam... the peace kinda takes over, :)

1searching
07-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks. I pray it'll all work out.

Riana17
07-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Inshallah brother, may Allah make it easy for you.
And glad that you can take tough decision, mashallah

Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
07-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Well, decide when the best time would be to tell them. There may not even be a best time, in which case you don't necessarily have to break any news. You know them best, so you should try and pick the road of least resistance. I don't know if you're expecting backlash, but if you're still living with and are dependent on your family, and/or you run the risk of seriously harming your relationship with them, then you might want to hold off on any unnecessary announcements. Your conversion is first and foremost a personal thing.

If you do end up telling them, hopefully they can respect your decision.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!