/* */

PDA

View Full Version : so wat to do now im kinda clear but

anonymous
07-16-2012, 08:04 AM
im a muslim brother from a multifaith/cultural soceity working at big popular company for 2+ yrs not married. i dont have much responsibilities - means no loans, have home, no family issues and getting paid well at my job. have good respect from others as well at masjid at neighbrhd and from family members. i have a islamic beard(ppl stare), somehow manage and mix in the work environment which is not islamic, there is often gender interaction, need to protect ur eyes as well. recently my islamic knowledge has increasd alhamdulillah, sahabas and prophets life incidents flash very often im my mind and my love for leadin an islamic work life is growin and wantin to be self-employed. its like i know its risky but there is a feeling like ALLAH will help me in that regard, i feel there is more barakath and peace startin ur own business even if its small and income is less than 50% of what im getting now. and my love to lead an auster simple life is growing. i feel that when i get to marry i will marry someone less interested in this world and poorer than me. its not like im dumb or less motivated to live. its like i have feeling like why struggle much for this temporary life. stay kool and put your complet trust in ALLAH he will bring profit in ur simple business if you prioritise islam in your work life. the guilty feeling that im not 100% islamic- though i go to masjid , pray, fast, do dawah, speak islam, look to evryones eyes as if im islamic.the question why my beloved prophet (though he didnt oppose any sahaba to be rich etc) was simple and less interested in this world - why im not trying to be like him.

i can earn lots of money and lead a more grand life. yes i can. but these thoughts are making me to think - keep it simple, jus another max 40-50 odd yrs why cant you be more sincere to ALLAH and take a more islamic life? no one is gonna think abt you after you die nothing is gonna come with you. all you want in this world is some food to keep you going nothin much, start into simple islamic self employed business.. keep it simple keep away frm unislamic environments. i dont go to cinemas, no music, more fond of islamic knowledge, pray, respect others and also have a strong feeling that ALLAH will show HIS mercy and can enter janna.

so shall i lower my economic level to be more peaceful and less materialistic.
i remember Umar (radhi allahu anhu) something like > the lesser of this world the freer you are

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-16-2012, 03:31 PM
i like you bro

i like you a lot :D

ardianto
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
i can earn lots of money and lead a more grand life. yes i can.
Alhamdulillah. Now, use your money to buy food for this kid.

but these thoughts are making me to think - keep it simple, jus another max 40-50 odd yrs why cant you be more sincere to ALLAH and take a more islamic life?
Islamic life? feed the poor is Islamic life. This is why zakat is one of five pillar of Islam.

so shall i lower my economic level to be more peaceful and less materialistic
No. What you should do is say Alhamdulillah twice. First, because Allah has given you wealth, so you do not live in poverty. Second, because Allah trust you to do a sacred duty, jihad with wealth.

Don't you realize? there are many people who die everyday because their poverty. They can't buy food, can't buy clothes, can't get education, homeless. They live in misery because of their poverty.

Brother, will you let those people suffer, or you use your wealth to help them?.

I am sure you will take the second option, and use your wealth to help them. This is what I mean with jihad with wealth. And now imagine if you were poor and do not have money, could you help them?. Of course not.

Ibadah is not only salah, or fasting. Zakat, infaq, and sadaqah are ibadah too. You will get reward from zakat infaq sadaqah that you can bring to akhira.

So, bro, do not thinking to lowering your economic level, but start thinking to use your wealth in the way of Allah. Remember, you have duty to help the poor people.

Endymion
07-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Subhanallah.Do you have wings :hmm: I believe you are an angel.Sigh,such people still exist on planet earth :hmm:
I appriciate your thoughts brother and i truly love it but reading your post,i was thinking of Uthman bin Affan RA who helped Muslims in hard times and strengthen Muslims with his money.So why not earn money and spend it in the way of Allah SWT.Building Schools,running Islamic awareness programmes?Feeding the hungry ones?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. me thinkus the more money you make the more people you can help..
I remember Umar Ibn ilkhtaab once yelling at people who thought themselves 'zahideen' by saying 'la tamito 3lyna deeenona'- being a good humble Muslim doesn't necessarily mean you're poor especially when you have the ability to do more. Imagine all the Muslims from Myanmar or Somalia or or or you'd be able to help if you truly worked to your full potential provided you keep your religion and faith the same level it is or higher..
I don't know I am not seeing it from other people's points of view.. there were many rich Muslims who gave of their wealth and certainly being the upper hand is better than being the lower one..

And Allah swt knows best,

:w:

- Qatada -
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i like you bro

i like you a lot :D
:salamext:

Me too :D

Bro, fear to get sucked up in the world.. the sahaba got what was necessary and lived on that. The rest of their efforts they used to support the religion.

So if you really want ideas on how to progress yourself further, then make your own Islamic centre, or use the skills Allah's given you to support Islamic projects in newer and higher levels which you've not reached before. Or if you really want to earn money, then earn money but keep close to an Islamic cause in your mind so your intention stays pure and dedicated for Allah's pleasure.

In other words, use this energy and focus Allah's given you to get closer to Him instead of drifting into the worldly motives.

Beg Allah to help you to remain firm on the path of His pleasure.

Ramadan90
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
This is a GREAT opportunity to help people who are in need and seeking forgivness from Allah. Imagine how much good deeds you will recieve from Allah when you feed the poor, build schools and masjids with the RIGHT intention. Do it secretly if possible. Allah has blessed you with the this opportunity and I hope you take it.

Snowflake
07-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Masha Allah, may Allah increase you in piety and wealth to spend in His way. Ameen.
and mix in the work environment which is not islamic, there is often gender interaction, need to protect ur eyes as well.
This is a good reason to go self-employed.

so shall i lower my economic level to be more peaceful and less materialistic.
If avoiding fitnah means living on less then al hamdulillah go for it. It's nice having more money so we can help others but we will be questioned about our own piety before what we did for others. Piety is a must and sadaqa is voluntary. But that doesn't mean you can't help others with less income. I know a man on low wages who is caring for his deceased brother's widow and nine children, masha Allah. Allah may love you for what you left for His sake and give you more wealth through your own self-employment. If not He will give you from His treasures in the Hereafter. Go for a fitnah free life insha Allah.

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2012, 06:47 PM
The world is too corrupt and more involved in fitnah..... yes.. not all the jobs suits muslims or falls under the "islamically acceptable" category mainly bcos of the environment.. the type of work.. or the earnings.I have heard of people quitting IT related jobs.. to some other jobs which is more islamically OK.... i am from IT.... the env is not gr8...

One important thing : To get the islamic help... from any specific dua for a particular situation ie Duas of Prophet (sas)... first one needs to lead an islamic life with halal earnings and be obedient to Allah....

Its not like you just do wudu one day and make dua.. and waiting for it to be accepted... you need to get the pre-requisite done.. before proceeding further..ie.. your life style.. work environment.. earnings.. nothing should be against islam - i mean it should not disturb you from obeying your Lord - those are the pre-requisites.

I remember a hadeeth related to a battle... it was like the muslims where not getting the victory.. easily and the battle was not getting over... so a sahaba was sent to check the army if the muslims soldiers lacked or missed any islamic duty... it was found that many had not used the miswak... (a sunnah which was missed)... so once the sahabhi had intimated about it... they followed the sunnah and... immediately that day.. muslim won.... so... why i said this was.... to get the divine.. islamic help... we need to make ourself eligible for it.

so if a muslim leaves high income but less islamically favourable job.... for a less income but more islamically favourable job... for the outside world...his decision migt surprise many... but for that muslim......... it wud bring him closer to Islam.

bcos end of the day.. one cant sit inside a company.. where ther are situations unfavourable to islam... and tell that an excuse to Lord ..for skipping islamic duties... No one is forcing us to work there... its by our choice... and we are responsible for the choices we make... :( .. may Allah protect us.

May ALLAH make our job and its earnings islamically favourable to us.

Hope you get a peaceful Islamic job/or self employed business which can help you as well as help the poor InshaAllah.

KnockKnock
07-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Salam Aleikum

MashaAllah I really wish there were more people in my area and in this world like you because all I see are a bunch of people making millions and still not satisfied and are not grateful for what they have.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!