/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie's thread

Kei
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Hey everyone,I've joined these forums to help me see alternate views, and perhaps come to an understanding about certain things.
I'm not really one for big introductions, but it seems I have to post here before I can post anywhere else...:p
Look forward to having discussions with you guys.
Peace,
Kei

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Kei :)

We're glad you've joined.

Here's a site you can check out: http://IslamReligion.com

Look through it, and after that if you've got some questions, ask here. We look forward to having discussions with you :D

Kei
07-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome Qatada :D
I suppose I should mention I was raised Muslim, so a lot of the teachings are already familiar to me. Thanks for the link though, a lot of interesting articles I'm sinking my teeth into. :thumbs_up

I do have one question...
How can I put my custom avatar up? All I can see are the pre-defined Islamic ones. :ooh:

Qurratul Ayn
07-16-2012, 07:57 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by Kei
I suppose I should mention I was raised Muslim
You'll be able to read the greeting, Insha'Allaah :)

Welcome to the forum!

Insha'Allaah, you shall learn a lot here and find your stay beneficial

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kei
07-16-2012, 11:24 PM
:wa:
;)
Thanks Quratul Ayn, I hope so! :D

dysphoricrocker
07-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Salaam.

Welcome here Kei! Do make sure to browse through the threads. Lots of information in them (:

PouringRain
07-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Periwinkle18
07-17-2012, 02:01 AM
welcome to the forum hope u like it here?

Kei
07-17-2012, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
Salaam.

Welcome here Kei! Do make sure to browse through the threads. Lots of information in them (:
Wa-alaykum-salaam :)
Doing so! There's a lot of threads that have caught my attention, can't wait to have enough posts to join in with a few \o/

Kei
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
welcome to the forum hope u like it here?
So far I love it here. So many warm people, and such a peaceful atmosphere. I've yet to venture into some of the more controversial threads though ;D

marwen
07-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forums. have a nice and beneficial stay.

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Islamic Board e youkosoh :D

Kei
07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Shukriah :D
Lagta hain...keh me Angrezi bholna bhool gayee ho xD
Kas1m, aap UmmahForum meh hote theh? :o

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 03:54 PM
:( haan hota tha...For once I thought no one would catch me but here we go. paparazzis everywhere

Kei
07-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Sorry haha, recognised your username. I used to be on there too, but I quit a month after joining. Too much intolerance. :omg:

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
That's the reason. What was your username there?

Kei
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
It was laya-something...either layasun or layaamani :nervous:

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
ah, did you post in the urdu thread too?

Kei
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Naw, I stuck to TPBM and word association games.
And I posted in a brother's thread, where his sister had been seen with a Ghair-mahram.
My advice was that he not assume the worst and talk to her, get to the root of the problem, but people started attacking me left, right and centre, saying apostates had no right to offer advice, :raging:
Hopefully these forums will stay as accepting as they seem to be \o/

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I know. You need to have you armour and sword ready when you wanna post in there lol I remember reading that post.

Endymion
07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Ayee,you can also speak Urdu :hmm: Why i always think all urdu speakers are Muslims :hmm:

Anyway,:welcome: to IB family :statisfie

Kei
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kas1m
I know. You need to have you armour and sword ready when you wanna post in there lol I remember reading that post.
Lol aw gosh, yeah gotta develop a thick skin, I'm working on it :D

Kei
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Ayee,you can also speak Urdu :hmm: Why i always think all urdu speakers are Muslims :hmm:

Anyway,:welcome: to IB family :statisfie
You're not far off, I used to be Muslim ;) Learned basic Urdu at Islamic school actually :)
Thanks, Endy, I've seen some of your posts around, well cool :shade:

Endymion
07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Aww didn't know there is a little fan of me :D Subhanallah i'm such an amazing person,everybody wuv me Aaaa :p :hiding:

So what drag you away from Islam if i may ask :hmm:

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
So your not a muslim anymore?
Thick armour not skin...dont want u to turn into an aligator lol

Kei
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Aww didn't know there is a little fan of me :D Subhanallah i'm such an amazing person,everybody wuv me Aaaa :p :hiding:

So what drag you away from Islam if i may ask :hmm:
LOL, you guys are funny ;D
Just lost my iman, don't have a connection with God anymore, leading me to believe that there never was a connection, it was all in my head.
I still behave how I did before though, the benefits are too great not to. :thumbs_up

Kei
07-17-2012, 04:49 PM
So your not a muslim anymore?
Thick armour not skin...dont want u to turn into an aligator lol
Not anymore. :)
xD LOL

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Not anymore. :)
xD LOL
What ritual did you perform which made you left Islam? like you just stopped believing in God?

sorry I don't know how to word this question...Did you do something specific which made you left the religion completley?

Kei
07-17-2012, 05:00 PM
What ritual did you perform which made you left Islam? like you just stopped believing in God?

sorry I don't know how to word this question...Did you do something specific which made you left the religion completley?
I don't know if there's a ritual o.o
I just stopped believing, and said aloud "I don't believe in God. I take back my Shahada."
So until I believe again [if ever] and until I say Shahada again, I don't consider myself a Muslim.

Scimitar
07-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi kei, I can't believe you notched up 62 posts so faaast... it took me atleast 3 months (more like 5) to get up to 50 posts here lol. The rules are strict, but necessary in order to keep the boards free of spammers and trolls. I think that is one of the contributing factors to why this place is so tolerant in comparison to some other sites out there :)

Nice to see you here also btw :)

Scimi

Kei
07-17-2012, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Hi kei, I can't believe you notched up 62 posts so faaast... it took me atleast 3 months (more like 5) to get up to 50 posts here lol. The rules are strict, but necessary in order to keep the boards free of spammers and trolls. I think that is one of the contributing factors to why this place is so tolerant in comparison to some other sites out there :)

Nice to see you here also btw :)

Scimi
Heya Scimi, nice to be here! :)
Yeah, I have a lot of free time, wasn't too hard ;D
Next goal: Get into Sisters section :statisfie

Scimitar
07-17-2012, 05:17 PM
I suspect you'll be there within the week :D haha!

I'm pleased you joined here. Don't leave in a month like Ummah forum, we got your back :)

Scimi

Kas1m
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't know if there's a ritual o.o
I just stopped believing, and said aloud "I don't believe in God. I take back my Shahada."
So until I believe again [if ever] and until I say Shahada again, I don't consider myself a Muslim.
I guess that's the ritual. Well I hope God speaks to you tonight in your dream and I'll speak to you tomorrow lol off for now. bye

Kei
07-17-2012, 05:26 PM
I suspect you'll be there within the week :D haha!

I'm pleased you joined here. Don't leave in a month like Ummah forum, we got your back :)

Scimi
Hehe I won't get any sleep till I have 200+ posts ;D
Thanks, that's really reassuring :D

Kei
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
I guess that's the ritual. Well I hope God speaks to you tonight in your dream and I'll speak to you tomorrow lol off for now. bye
:) Khuda hafiz, mere bhai ;D

Scimitar
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
kei, for you, difficult takes a day and impossible takes a week, or less... lol

you gonna post heavy, i know it!!! Watch out peeps, she can type faster than we can think!!! :D

Scimi

Kei
07-17-2012, 05:38 PM
kei, for you, difficult takes a day and impossible takes a week, or less... lol

you gonna post heavy, i know it!!! Watch out peeps, she can type faster than we can think!!! :D

Scimi
From Scimi, high praise indeed! :statisfie
I'm gunna get stuck in tonight, hopefully won't ruffle too many feathers along the way :hiding:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!