/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thameem Ansari Sahabi (RA)

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
A shrine is located near chennai... where Thameem Ansari (RA) is believed to be burried.. and he is believed to be a Sahaabi sent to India to spread the truth..

If any of you find more information on him.. please post in here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Endymion
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Is this Tamim Dari RA who saw the Omen (Dajjal) :hmm:

ardianto
07-17-2012, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Is this Tamim Dari RA who saw the Omen (Dajjal)
Not Tamim Al-Dari (ra) who died and buried near Hebron, but another Tamim.

A Pakistani intelectual, Sayyid Qudratullah Fatimi said that Tamim Anshari (ra) is Tamim ibn alHarith ibn Qays (ra). one of ten sahaba who never back to Makah after Rasulullah (saw) sent them to Ethiopia.

Endymion
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Why they never returned?Is there any specific reason or they just got too busy in Dawah?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Remember the First Hijrah to (Abyssinia) Ethiopia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_to_Abyssinia

There were 101 sahaba (including 18 sahabiyat) who hijah to Abyssinia. But 10 of them never back to Makah or Madinah. 5 were 'found' but the other 5 were missing. Sayyid Qudratullah Fatimi tried to trace "the missing 5" and found 4 of those sahaba died and buried in China. They are: Said Sa'd ibn Abdul Qays (ra), Qays Ibn Hudhaifah (ra), Urwah Ibn Abi Uththan (ra), Abu Qays Ibn Al Harith (ra).

Fatimi believe, Tamim Anshari who buried in India is Tamim ibn alHarith ibn Qays (ra). But why they never returned? currently it's still a mystery.

Endymion
07-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Thank you,respected Adrianto.

Is there any detail how and why they travel to China from Africa?

ardianto
07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Is there any detail how and why they travel to China from Africa?
Might be they followed Saad ibn Abi Waqqas (ra). There was a group that did not return directy to Makah or Madinah, but sailed to Chittagong, then went to China. later Saad ibn Abi Waqqas (ra) back to Arabia. But from few information about his journey to China, I found there were few 'unnamed' persons. Probably those four sahaba who buried in China were in this group.

And I began to thinking that Thameem Ansari (ra) was in this group too. Might be he chose to stay in India, might be he passed away on ship during trip to Chittagong and buried in that place. Isn't Chennai located near Ethiopia - Chittagong marine route?. But I need more research before can make a conclusion.

Qu'otar
07-17-2012, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Isn't Chennai located near Ethiopia
It is a little bit of an offshore sail... (goo.gl/maps/NvQf)

ardianto
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qu'otar
It is a little bit of an offshore sail... (goo.gl/maps/NvQf)
Don't cut and quote my post like that. I know where is Tamil Nadu. Far from Ethiopia.

Qu'otar
07-17-2012, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Don't cut and quote my post like that. I know where is Tamil Nadu. Far from Ethiopia.
I am sorry, what exactly did I do wrong, cutting and quoting your post? Here you say Chennai is far from Ethiopia, yet the part of your post I quoted was you asking if they were close to each other... I am confused.

Endymion
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
:jz: for the precious information,Adrianto.

Abdul-Raouf
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
found a related link :

[link deleted]

ardianto
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
found a related link :

[link removed]
I have visited that site too.

But, bro, story about Tameem Ansari (ra) in that site is absurd.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!