/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No courage..

anonymous
07-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Assalamualaykum(peace be upon you),

A few years ago, I wanted to tell the truth to people about those who bring handphones to school. Well, it might not sound much to you but it somehow makes me angry if a student brings a phone to school because they're just not allowed to. Even so, I never really had the courage to look straight to someone's face and tell him not to bring hand phones to school even though I am one of the prefects. It's not like the other prefects are doing a great job, I just didn't want to take the burden of guilt because I'm suppose to take his phone and confiscate it as a prefect. I couldn't take it so I left being one after a year.. Well you know what? Things just got worst after that.. I realized something really important after this, I was.. afraid of people. I don't know why, I just am. I know that we should be afraid of Allah S.W.T. but sometimes the fear overtakes your whole body you know.. I keep thinking being a hypocrite when I try to correct others(esp Muslims). . . . what the heck is the matter with me? I am in-charge of the Islamic society but I didn't really make other students perform their 5 daily prayers. I feel like I'm not doing what a leader is suppose to be doing. I feel like I have failed the Muslim ummah. I'm afraid that Allah will punish me during yaumul-qiyamah because of this. It got deeper, I fear that this would become a great big deal in the future if the oppressors would come to my land. What would I do then? Run like a coward or stay and fight?

Need your advice,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
you can never make others do what you want, you can only prevent them from harming others or making public displays.

its good to beat yourself up now and then, you've sighted a flaw in yuorself which is good nad are now looking to change it which is even better.

Hmm they say the best thing to do is face what you fear, so i guess next time you see people doing something wrong make yourself heard.

3 levels of imaan right, changing with your hands - speaking with your mouth - hating with your heart, majority fall into the lowest level obviously but if you feel you can step it up, props to you :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!