/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Worship Checklist

Hamza Asadullah
07-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Ramadan Worship Checklist

The most blessed month is here and it is a month where all good deeds are increased by 70 times or more, so we cannot afford to miss this opportunity to invest into our hereafter and get closer to Allah as this Ramadan may be our last.

To help us maximise this blessed month the link below is a daily worship checklist which will enable us to check & increase our daily worship in this blessed month.

Downloading the Ramadan Worship checklist:

Please download attached file and then print and also forward to others so that we all may benefit from making the best of each and every precious second this Ramadan!

If you have any issues or problems with downloading or have any questions regarding the Ramadan Worship Plan then please do not hesitate to ask.

May Allah enable us all to make the best of the blessed month of Ramadan. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PouringRain
07-19-2012, 12:31 AM
I have always enjoyed all of your charts and checklists over the years. You are a very organized person.

dysphoricrocker
07-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Salaam.

For me it appears as an invalid attachment ):

PouringRain
07-19-2012, 01:18 AM
It works for me. ^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
07-19-2012, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dysphoricrocker
Salaam.

For me it appears as an invalid attachment ):
Could it be a browser issue? I use opera.

dysphoricrocker
07-19-2012, 01:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Could it be a browser issue? I use opera.
It works now!

dysphoricrocker
07-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Brother Hamza, may i share the links with my family and friends?

PouringRain
07-19-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm sure he wouldn't mind. (Sorry, for speaking for him.) From my observations, he enjoys sharing things that are beneficial for others, and it is not limited to this forum, so if you know someone who could benefit from any of his items, then feel free to pass them along. If you look at his scribd page, you will find other useful resources as well.

dysphoricrocker
07-19-2012, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I'm sure he wouldn't mind. (Sorry, for speaking for him.) From my observations, he enjoys sharing things that are beneficial for others, and it is not limited to this forum, so if you know someone who could benefit from any of his items, then feel free to pass them along. If you look at his scribd page, you will find other useful resources as well.
Ii was at his page awhile ago and it's very useful. May Allah reward his efforts.

Yes i am pretty sure he will allow me sharing insyaAllah but i wanna hear it from brother Hamza himself.

Hamza Asadullah
07-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Of course you can brother, i do not believe in copyrights in Islam for Islamic knowledge should be freely shared and conveyed to as many people as possible. So please feel free to use any of my threads and posts as you like.

dysphoricrocker
07-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Thank you (:

MustafaMc
07-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Nice thread.

Hamza Asadullah
07-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Now the Ramadan Worship Checklist is available to download on Skydrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...BBCB973C6C!171

Alternatives ways to download the Ramadan checklist:

Download the Ramadan Worship Checklist on Skydrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...BBCB973C6C!171

Click on the "download this file" box in the 2 links below:

http://www.filedropper.com/ramadanworshipchecklist

Download as Pdf:

http://www.filedropper.com/100464477...ship-checklist

Alternatively download directly from Scribd by signing in using your Facebook account:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100464477/...ship-Checklist

Hamza Asadullah
07-21-2012, 06:59 AM
Use the Daily Ramadan Worship routine in conjunction with the Ramadan Worship Checklist:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...p-routine.html

ILuvAllah
07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
this is a huge checklist. I dont do all of them. I just do as much as possible for me.

btw, I have a question dont you have to read at least 6 rakah nawafil of Maghrib? or is it 6 rakah including the fard and sunnah and nawafil? maybe I misunderstood? :s someone please clarify.

Serendipity
07-24-2012, 10:56 PM
This is very useful, I would forget to do most of this stuff if I didn't have this checklist.

Hamza Asadullah
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
My Individual Plan for Ramadan

At its very core, Ramadan is about a personal journey of reflection, introspection and worship. As it has been indicated in a Hadith Qudsi, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says:

Fasting is Mine and it I who give reward for it. [A man] gives up his sexual passion, his food and his drink for my sake. Fasting is like a shield, and he who fasts has two joys: a joy whin he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. The change in the breath of the mouth of him who fasts is better in Allah’s estimation than the smell of musk.

Thus Ramadan is the only act of worship that is hidden between the individual and his/her Creator. God only knows whether an individual has kept his/her fast or not.

Hence the key aspect to a successful Ramadan is to plan for it. As the saying goes, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Like anything that is done nowadays, a plan is essential. Like one plans on a weekly basis for work, it is essential that one plans for Ramadan. A plan should be comprehensive but at the end of the day it should also be realistic so as to ensure that you can follow it and do not become too disappointed if you are not able to fully stick to it.

So the first thing in the plan is to actually write it down. You are more likely to follow it if it is written down and is in front of you every day.

Ask yourself: What would I like to have achieved at the end of Ramadan? Where would I like to be in terms of my spiritual and personal development? What would I count as a success at the end of Ramadan?

Once you have started to think about this, then it will help you then to devise some sort of strategy for Ramadan and answer the following questions:
  • Spiritual perspective: How many times will I pray tarawih at the mosque? How many sections of the qur’an can I read on a daily/weekly basis? How many times will I perform tahajjud / qiyam? Will I memorise any new surahs during this month? Will I read sections of the Qur’an in English? Will I pray in different mosques during Ramadan in order to appreciate the sense of community within the Muslim community?
  • Personal perspective: Will I try and be ethical in what I purchase and read? Will I try and avoid having negative thoughts? Perhaps I shall use a penny jar to put coins in every time I think of something negative which will be later given to charity.
  • Intellectual perspective: What will I read this Ramadan? Will I learn about Islam and its history?
  • Health Perspective: What will I eat this Ramadan? Will I aim to eat healthy in order not only to lose weight but also to be in solidarity with those people who do not have enough to eat?
  • Community Perspective: Will I try and limit the use of the car and walk / use public transport in order to limit the pollution?
  • Family perspective: How will I spend the time with my friends, family and loved ones?
A wise man once said,Between every stimulus and response there is a space. In that space lies our freedom and power to choose our response. In those choices lie our growth and happiness.’
Such is the meaning of profound spirituality. Close to the Quran’s light, its words and inspirations, we must comprehend the message: You are indeed what you do with yourself. You are responsible for the actions you take.

Hence Ramadan is ultimately about developing a much closer and personal relationship with God.

Source: http://www.paths2people.com/2011/07/...n-for-ramadan/

Hamza Asadullah
07-31-2012, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iluv♥Allah
this is a huge checklist. I dont do all of them. I just do as much as possible for me.

btw, I have a question dont you have to read at least 6 rakah nawafil of Maghrib? or is it 6 rakah including the fard and sunnah and nawafil? maybe I misunderstood? :s someone please clarify.
:sl:

There is a difference of opinion amongst some scholars regarding the Awabeen prayer which is the Nawafil prayer after the 2 Sunnah of Maghrib. Some say it is the same as salaatul Duha and some say it is seperate. However it is best to pray an unspecified amount of Nawafil prayers after the Sunnah of Maghrib however much one is able to do inshallah especially during this blessed month one may pray from 6 raka'ahs and onwards.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hamza Asadullah
07-06-2013, 05:56 PM
The pious predecessors used to say:

"Many small actions are made great by the intentions behind them. Many great actions , on the other hand, are made small because of the intentions behind them."

So we must make sure that we have the best intentions before doing any good deed or action no matter how small or big it is as our deeds are dependant upon the intention and level of sincerity behind it.

lynn4now
07-07-2013, 06:52 AM
:omg: OH MY ALLAH *looks at Checklist and Routine* .......

MustafaMc
07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
This is a very good list, but it can be overwhelming. I suggest printing it and highlighting several items that seem reasonable to achieve. Ramadan should be different from other months other than going without food and water during the day.

Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2013, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
This is a very good list, but it can be overwhelming. I suggest printing it and highlighting several items that seem reasonable to achieve. Ramadan should be different from other months other than going without food and water during the day.
:sl:

The checklist is meant as a general daily worship guide in order for us to try and maximise each and everyday in terms of doing optimum worship. But of course we should do what is within our ability and use this guide to gradually build up our daily worship. Like for eg adopt one or two good deeds extra each week or fortnight etc.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) summed it up perfectly when he was asked which deeds were most beloved by Allah, he replied:

"The most regular, constant deeds even though they may be a few." He also added, "Take upon yourselves only those deeds which are within your ability". (Bukhari)

~Zaria~
07-08-2013, 02:45 PM
:salam:

If we try to train ourselves to make it a routine to perform the sunnahs of each action every day, then in shaa Allah, eventually it will not even feel like an effort.

e.g. When we follow a recipe for a specific meal, we follow each step in order, to ensure that we achieve the desired outcome (e.g. we will not add the onions to the pan before adding the oil).

In the same manner, we should make it a habit that before we perform daily activities such as using the toilet, eating, leaving and entering the home/ market-place, etc... we have a specific routine that is followed - which is the sunnah of the prophet (sallalahu alaihi wasalam).

Initially it takes a conscious effort to do so, but in shaa Allah, after a short while of placing our minds in focus, then it becomes like second nature.

Which means that eventually, it becomes almost impossible to enter the toilet with your right leg, or not reciting the relevant duaa before-hand (because you will actually stop yourself, realizing that something is missing).

Also, zikr (remembrance of Allah) does not mean that we need to set aside a few hours, to be able to repeat 1000 tasbih of zikr each day.

Allah (subhanawataála) tells us in the Quraan (translation):

"Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire..." (Surat Al-Imran 3:191)

^ Man can only be in 3 positions at any time in the day: standing, sitting and lying down.
In other words, Allah Taa'la expects us to remember Him at all times, throughout the day.
In fact, even when we leave the toilet, we say: "Ghuf-raa-nak...", which means: "I seek your forgiveness".....- we are actually seeking Allahs forgiveness here because for those few minutes, we were unable to praise Allah/ recite zikr whilst being in the toilet.

(I thought this was an amazing point when I learnt of this - as it really shows how Allah Taa'la desires for us to remember Him at every given moment, and at the times when we cant, then we seek His forgiveness for not being able to do so! SubhanAllah.)

So, when we are in an elevator, walking down the street, waiting for the bus/ train, cooking, even gyming.... and at every possible moment of the day, we can keep our tongues moist with the remembrance of Allah as well as sending salawaat upon our prophet (sallahu alaihi wasalam). And in shaa Allah, in no time at all, those 1000 tasbihs of zikr will be complete.

These types of ibaadat are easy rewards that Allah Taa'la has offered us.

And it is very possible, only if we: Keep our focus on the big picture - pleasing Allah (subhanawataála) and working for our final abode in the aakhirah.
(One day, when there is no chance for us to turn back, we will be sooo regretful for not having spent every possible minute of the day in the remembrance of Allah. Instead, we spend our time filling our minds in aimless worldly thoughts, playing back song-tracks in our minds, etc when we should be using this bounty of intellect - to remember Him at all times. ;'(
May Allah Taa'la forgive us for our weaknesses. Ameen)

:wa:

Hamza Asadullah
07-19-2013, 05:58 PM
The Ramadan Daily Planner - Plan your daily routine during this blessed month

http://productivemuslim.com/producti...daily-planner/

Hamza Asadullah
06-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Ramadan Prep Guide for Busy People

http://muslimmatters.org/2015/05/18/...aining-season/

Hamza Asadullah
06-15-2016, 02:40 AM
Ramadan Woship Checklist 2016:

https://gildeddunya.files.wordpress....anplan2016.pdf

Hamza Asadullah
05-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Ramadan Self Improvement Checklist:

http://1beautyofislam.blogspot.co.uk...heck-list.html

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2018, 03:04 AM
A Must-Have Ramadhan Checklist for Every Muslim

https://www.halaltrip.com/other/blog...-every-muslim/

A Must-Have Ramadhan Checklist for Every Muslim
Find out how you should prepare and what to avoid during Ramadhan. Check out Halal Trip's quick checklist for the Holy Month 2017....

azc
05-17-2018, 06:27 PM
http://www.islamicteachings.org/foru...-for-ramadhan/

A Checklist For Ramadhan - Ramadhaan - IslamicTeachings.org
1. Ask Allah to enable you to reach Ramadan and to get the most out of it as the Salaf (early generation of pious people) used to do. 2. Intend to fast every day with Iman and pure intention seeking the reward from Allah alone. The Prophet peace be upon him said, “Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Im......

Hamza Asadullah
05-26-2018, 04:54 AM
Ramadan Action Plan

Hamza Asadullah
04-07-2022, 06:15 AM
Getting Organized, Creating a Schedule, Meal Planning | Ramadan Prep

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!