/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Official Ramadan Thread. Ramadan 1433 A.H/July 2012

'Abd-al Latif
07-19-2012, 06:27 PM
:salamext:

Ramadan mubarak :)

In the United Kingdom, it is officially Ramadan starting from the night of the 19th of July, 2012.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
07-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Ramadhan Mubarak for all the brothers and sisters here, and for all muslims. May Allah make this ramadan a month of blessings and victories for the ummah. Ameen.

Endymion
07-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Still 1 day left or may be two but i can smell Ramadhan and feel the excitement :statisfie Ramadhan Kareem to all my brothers and sisters in Islam.May Allah SWT accept your good deeds,expiate you from hell fire and honor you in both the worlds.Ameen Ya Rabb.

Please keep me in your doaa.

Kei
07-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Ramadhan Mubaruk everyone!
Hope the coming month brings you all peace, happiness, and blessings :statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Qurratul Ayn
07-19-2012, 08:12 PM

RAMADHAAN MUBARAK!!!

Making Du3a as always for you all, please make for me too :)

I shall see you all after the month of Ramadhaan, but I will still come and browse the important, informative threads :)

Please forgive me if I've done any wrong to any of y'all in any way. There's nothing for me to forgive :)

​RAMADHAAN MUBARAK!

glo
07-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Ramadan Mubarak to all my Muslim friends in the LI forum. May this month be a true blessing to you all. :statisfie

Pure Purple
07-20-2012, 06:35 AM

sister herb
07-20-2012, 06:40 AM

:statisfie

Ramadan Kareem

sister herb
07-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I like the most in my image part as "one team".

:statisfie

'Abd-al Latif
07-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Here is a video of an ustadh reciting the first seven ayaat of surah al baqarah in the 10 different qiraa'at.

IslamicRevival
07-20-2012, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Ramadan Mubarak to all my Muslim friends in the LI forum. May this month be a true blessing to you all. :statisfie
Its heartening to read this. The world would be a better place if we had more people like yourself who are understanding and respectful of other faiths, Thank you.

Ramadan Mubarak everyone.

mrashidhai
07-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Congratulations for Ramadan

I congratulate to all Muslim Ummah for the blessed month of Ramadan. May Allaah shower His blessings upon us and guide us to follow the real practices of this month with sincerity and wholeheartedness. Ameen

Scimitar
07-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Ameen :)

Huzzy_786
07-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Ameen and to you too! :statisfie

KnockKnock
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Ameen :)

Endymion
07-20-2012, 04:18 PM
First Ramadhan will be on Saturday, 21st July 2012 here,Inshallah :statisfie

Kei
07-20-2012, 04:34 PM
:happy: Mrrashidhai, nice post.
Have a great Ramadhan :)

muslimah bird
07-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Ameen Happy Ramadan everyone

Haya emaan
07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Ramadhan mubarak

today was the first traweeh. ramadhan started alhamdulillah. Allah (SWT) blessed us with one more chance to seek forgiveness and earn good deeds with much greater reward :statisfie

'Aleena
07-21-2012, 02:59 AM
:wa:
Ramadan Mubarak :)
In our city, Ramadan will start from 22nd July. 11 hours more to go...

'Abd-al Latif
07-22-2012, 10:35 AM

Really beneficial lecture by shaykh haitham al-haddad about the virtues of Ramadan.

Fasting with iman (faith/knowing that fasting is an obligation) and with ihtisaab (expecting Allah's reward) during Ramadan.

'Abd-al Latif
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM

How are you guys dealing with the thrust and tiredness this Ramadan? The days are long and hot and it's been a testing (but a very beautiful) Ramadan so far.

Signor
07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
:wasalamex

As for thrust,my method is to drink a lot of water,you can distribute your it like glasses after Magrib,before and after Taraweeh.Try using Yoghurt in suhoor,some say it reduces Thirst too

As for tiredness with a blazing sun and a temperature of over 40 degree Celsius,i am still struggling with this problem,if you have some solution then do share please.

Rhi
07-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Ramadan Mubarak to all the Muslims here. Have a wonderful month.

Qurratul Ayn
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
How are you guys dealing with the thrust and tiredness this Ramadan?
And girls

Alhamdulillah, it's going good so far. Disliking the hot weather, am not a summer person whatsoever. Don't mind about the food or drink, its my sleep! But this month is totally worth the lack of sleep, the amount of blessings and rewards are astounding!!! So, in one the lack of sleep doesn't bother me. Lol

I'm the only one fasting in my workplace. The children are amazing, they're the ones asking me questions! I sometimes start doing Dhikr at work, and sometimes I say it loudly, the children come up to me and ask me what am I saying, I reply back and ask them to repeat, their attempts at the praises! Subhan'Allaah, sooo good and such innocence attempts too! I can't help but laugh and they laugh with me too!

Insha'Allaah, y'all fasts are going well! Make the most of this precious month, I'm trying to and Insha'Allaah we shall all succeed!

Haya emaan
07-25-2012, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

How are you guys dealing with the thrust and tiredness this Ramadan? The days are long and hot and it's been a testing (but a very beautiful) Ramadan so far.
walaikum assalam..

for thirst "lassi " at sahoor is helping alot.. the days are long and hot but busy enough alhamdulillah for getting time to feel tiredness. night time after taraweeh is too short to sleep ,get time to sleep after fajr only but most people had to wake up early morning. alhamdulillah still every thing is going so nice to feel the blessing of the month.

tw009
07-26-2012, 01:55 AM
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/201...12_begins.html

MashAllah!! such awesome pictures from around the world.

Qurratul Ayn
07-26-2012, 02:20 AM
^ Subhan'Allaah :cry:

That is why Islaam is the best and ever increasing religion and the unity amongst us all can never be broken

No one will ever succeed in taking Islaam away and Muslims shall come out to be the strongest, Insha'Allaah

:jz: for the link, my dear Sister tw009 for the link. Absolutely and truly amazing photographs during this blessed month Ramadhaan :)

Innocent Soul
07-28-2012, 12:27 PM

'Abd-al Latif
07-28-2012, 01:29 PM

I drink a lot of water during suhoor and iftaar to avoid the thirst but alhumdulillah I have to say, despite the long days I've never found fasting easier.

format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul

Mashaa'Allah I really like these pictures by productive Muslim. They encompass a lot of khayr in just one image.

'Abd-al Latif
07-30-2012, 06:56 PM

In exactly 2-3 days, I'm going to guess that you'll face the usual symptoms of the mid-Ramadan dip!

What's the Ramadan dip?

This is the low levels of energy you feel during the 12th - 18th nights of Ramadan, where you start losing the excitement and momentum that you had at the beginning of Ramadan and you feel so tired and lazy to keep up with night prayer, quran recitation and even fasting.

The good news: this dip is temporary (hopefully!) and most people recover before the last 10 nights where they gear up for the extra energy and effort needed in those last 10 nights.

The bad news: If you're not careful with this energy dip during the next few days, you may not recover completely and find yourself chronically tired and lazy till the end of the month.

So, here are few tips to help you overcome the mid-Ramadan dip:

1. Mind over matter: use the power of your mind to push yourself and go for that extra bit of energy you have within you even when you don't feel like it. Push yourself to read one more page of Quran when you feel that you can't and then push yourself to read another one and continue until you finish what you normally read each day. Push yourself to pray those 2 rak'ahs of taraweeh, followed by another one, then another one... it's amazing what we can achieve when we put our mind into something.

2. Slow down if you have to: If you're utterly tired/exhausted and need a "break", then instead of giving up completely on your acts of worship or productivity, slow down a bit to regain your energy; perhaps read a little bit less Quran than usual, and/or pray taraweeh at home instead of masjid. (Note: make sure this is done for just 1 or 2 days, just enough for you to recover your energy, sleep better at night, then ready to go back to your full throttle mode. Do NOT make this a habit!)

3. Dua: The Ramadan dip is an opportunity for us to realise our weakness as human beings, and our weakness as believers. It makes us realise how much we need Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) to worship Him. So ask Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) for help and support to aid you in these critical days and give you the energy and strength to face the last 10 days with full energy and productivity inshaAllah.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Abu Productive

Innocent Soul
08-05-2012, 06:53 AM

Innocent Soul
08-06-2012, 03:23 PM

For zoomed version:
http://www.islamographic.com/gallery...l-your-tongue/

I got this a bit late. It's really helpful for those who have problems when they have to control their tongue when fasting.

'Abd-al Latif
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Assalamu'alaikum

If you're finding it hard to keep up with the last 10 nights so far, especially with the increase of worship and trying to balance other priorities such as work/school, or preparation for Eid, here are a small set of reminders which might help motivate you:

1. It's only a few days...soon Ramadan will be over and you'll back to "normal" life.

2. You don't know which of these nights might save you on the Day of Judgement..

3. You don't know if your previous nights and days have been accepted or not.

4. You've so much to be thankful for, don't all your blessings deserve a bit of extra effort?

5. Can you guarantee to live till next Ramadan?

You'll be fine :). Remember you're dealing with Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) Al-Shakoor (the One who Thanks), he won't forsake your extra effort and hard work for Him if you're sincere.

You can find more tips to keep yourself motivated here: http://www.productivemuslim.com/the-...elf-motivated/

Just one last stretch of efforts and may Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) accept it from you and reward you for it, ameen.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Abu Productive

P.S: Don't forget to leave me a comment here

Qurratul Ayn
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM

Ramadhaan has gone too, too, too fast for me :cry:

Seriously where have these precious days gone?!?!?!

Innocent Soul
08-17-2012, 04:24 AM

I don't know when Eid is where you live. :unsure: So posted it a bit earlier. :D Hope you will follow the steps. :)

glo
08-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Archbishop's Eid Message 2012

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, has sent his annual greetings to Muslim communities for the festival of Eid Al-Fitr on Sunday August 19th, marking the end of Ramadan.

To Muslim friends and fellow workers on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr 2012

It is a joy once again at Eid al-Fitr to send this message of warm good wishes to Muslim colleagues and communities, and especially to those friends and colleagues with whom Christians have enjoyed working together over the past year. During the long summer days this year the month of fasting has been particularly demanding. I trust that it has been a time of rich blessing, and that Eid will also be a time of joy and sharing.

As many of you will know, these are the last Eid greetings that I will be sending to you before I leave the position of Archbishop of Canterbury to take up a new role at the University of Cambridge. It was a moving experience recently to meet with members of the Christian Muslim Forum and to say a formal goodbye to this organisation which has done so much since its beginning in 2006 to foster deep relationships between our communities.

As I look back over the last ten years, it is clear that our relationship as Christians and Muslims has grown and deepened. It has not been an easy time, and there are huge challenges that we still face together. Nevertheless, we have learned how to quarry together the resources we have of a vision of human beings honoured before God. The word honour, I believe, is one we should learn to use more freely, and even extravagantly, when we talk about our human world. We honour human beings because God in his creation and in his dealings with human beings honours them.

In practical terms this honouring has meant that Muslims and Christians have been working as never before in international development to serve the world’s poorest people, and I want to recognise the huge amount of financial giving that the Muslim community pours out during Ramadan especially. It has also meant at a local level that Muslims have shared with Christians and others during Ramadan in service to their communities through the ‘A Year of Service’ initiative, in the ‘Near Neighbours’ programme and in many other ways.

I am very grateful for the opportunities I have had in these last nine or ten years of growing into a fuller knowledge of our relationship as Christians and Muslims. I have been privileged to be welcomed to a number of great Muslim contexts and institutions around the world and have found myself stretched and challenged. I have found it a great gift to be a small part in the mutual discovery and intensifying of relations here in the UK, and I am aware that we are modelling something here that is creative, fresh, honest and deeply hopeful. I pray and trust that the years ahead will see a deepening of these bonds and an even stronger witness to the whole world of real possibilities, of friendship and understanding and simple delight in our neighbours.
Source

sister herb
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn

Ramadhaan has gone too, too, too fast for me :cry:

Seriously where have these precious days gone?!?!?!
Salam alaykum;

may Allah gives us another Ramadan next year.

Eric H
03-11-2024, 03:38 PM
May your good deeds be rewarded this Ramadan. May Allah bless you and your families.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!