/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A muslim with low self-esteem here, need help/advice

mdlkmn
07-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh. This is my first post here and i need some advice from member that is more experienced in life than i am. I just turn 18 a few months ago, and now currently attending college.

Sometime i feel that i'm still lacking in my Ibadah and reading stories about our Prophet and his companions and how much of a great Muslim they are made me feel that i'm not doing enough for my afterlife. Please give me some advice how not to feel like this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
assalamu alaikum

made me feel that i'm not doing enough for my afterlife. Please give me some advice how not to feel like this.
why would we give you advice to not feel something that good? lol

Qurratul Ayn
07-24-2012, 05:58 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by mdlkmn
Sometime i feel that i'm still lacking in my Ibadah and reading stories about our Prophet and his companions and how much of a great Muslim they are made me feel that i'm not doing enough for my afterlife. Please
That should be reason enough for you to improve, gain knowledge, learn more about Islam so you can implement it effectively to your life.

None of us will ever know if we are doing enough in this life to ensure our future in the Afterlife. What are we but mortals put onto this Earth to obey and serve the One True Lord? We shall never know if our service is enough, we can only attempt and strive and better ourselves and pray to The Almighty to accept our Du'as and to forgive all the sins that have been committed.

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum!

Insha'Allaah you shall learn a lot here and indeed find your stay beneficial

:salamext:

tango92
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
truth is, we can never "do enough" and it IS a constant struggle to do better

Trust bro, you need to make your intentions sincerely for Allah and seek to perfect your obligatory acts of worship

especially, NEVER miss a salah intentionally. In salah ask Allah to guide you when your reading surah faatihah. when you read quran, see it as a means of guidance.

make sure your relationship with your parents is excellent, especially your mother.

wa salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!