/* */

PDA

View Full Version : important question, plz answer!

ILuvAllah
07-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Can I do hijamah during fasting? does the toxins blood from hijamah break my fast? please give me a response with reference.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-25-2012, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iluv♥Allah
Can I do hijamah during fasting? does the toxins blood from hijamah break my fast? please give me a response with reference.
:sl:

Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) Once he came across a fasting person who underwent cupping and became weak. Hence, he said, 'The person who underwent cupping broke his fast.' (Jamal Wasaail p. 179) Mullah Ali Qari (Rahmatullaahi Alayhi) while explaining the Hadith states that since aperson is already weak by fasting, undergoing cupping weakens him further. Thus such a person due to feeling extremely weak may be forced to break his fast.

Source:http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...q=322&act=view

Some scholars say that it invalidates fasting, some say that it does not but what is certain is that cupping may weaken a fasting person which could render a persons fast invalid if it weakens them to the extent that the person faints. A friend of mine almost fainted after having received cupping even though he was not fasting.

So there is a possibility of cupping weakening a fasting person to the extent that it could make them faint or at least effect their ability to maximize worship etc. So it is far better to avoid cupping whilst fasting especially if it means a person is risking breaking their fast if it weakens him too much.

And Allah knows best in all matters

ILuvAllah
07-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Ok, thanks for the answer brother. My freind just did her cupping today and she was saying that hijamah is sunnah, so it it best to do hijamah in this blessed month of Ramadan. but yes you are right it does weaken a person and she is feeling weak too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!