/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Halal eating

1searching
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I was speaking with my Imam about dietary restrictions. I understand the major points but I was wondering about some specifics. I understand there are no restrictions on seafood, but my question is about catfish. Since it is a bottom feeder is it considered haraam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
07-25-2012, 08:44 PM
From what I know it is halal but scholars might have differences of opinion regarding it.

ardianto
07-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Catfish is halal according Shafi'i madhab. But if I am not wrong, catfish is haram according to Hanafi madhab.

TrueStranger
07-26-2012, 03:39 AM
It appears there is differences of opinion.

Talking about halal food, I have yet to see a halaal packaged turkey. I really want Turkey!!!!:cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimah bird
07-26-2012, 02:31 PM
It seems every fish is halaal except sea-dog and sea pig

http://www.shariahprogram.ca/eat-halal-foods/catfish-halal.shtml

SBK786
07-26-2012, 03:13 PM
www dot islamweb.net /emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=86248
Inshallah this will answer your question.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!