/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Newly Reverted and I Am Beyond Stunned and Blessed With Happiness :)

Amarie0417
07-27-2012, 11:06 PM
Hi, everybody! I am a recent convert--or revert to Islam and am new to this board. I am looking for people with similar interests and people that I can comfortably talk to about Islam. I have never been more happy or blessed in my entire life until now...this truly is the way to live life.

I guess I can start with my background and how/why I converted. I was raised in a Christian family because everybody in my family before us were Christian and it was just expected that we were Christian. I was also from Iowa (right now I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico) which is a Christian farm-oriented state. I grew up next to a church and we always went because it was "right." When I went to undergrad, one of my best friends that I grew up with was discovering her Christian ties even more and she tried to I guess impose those views on me. It never felt right! I went to youth groups, I hung out with Christians and it never felt right. Another friend of mine asked me if I believed that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and I lied and said yes because I thought she would judge me...but that never felt right either. So I spent the majority of my undergrad not associated with any faith and just left it at that. Even when I graduated I was even more removed from religion; it just never felt right to me...at least the Christian way.

Last summer I met my fiancé and the love of my life who happens to be from Iraq and a muslim. He never forced any religion on me at all, I came to this conclusion all on my own. We have been together for over a year and I traveled to Turkey with him twice. I went to the Blue Masjid and this was before I converted (one week ago yesterday). I swear, when I walked into the Blue Masjid in December of last year that I was having a religious experience. I felt as if God was talking to me, but I was too stuck in my "anti-religious" agenda that I did not even realize that God was talking to me that day. This past summer I found myself yearning for something but I didn't know what that was...I just wanted something more. I found The Quran online and began reading it and I don't know about you, but I always lose my place if I read things online and as you know the book is huge! And I also like to read things in paper form. So I went to the book store and bought The Quran. I began reading it with an open mind and I continued reading it. It wasn't until last week when I was at my wits end about making an important life decision--should I continue my graduate studies in Music Performance even though there were many things I disliked about it, or should I just stop. I was so desperate last Wednesday evening. I don't know what it was but I just typed in Islam in Google and found a live chat through a website where I converted. I have never been more sure of anything in my entire life. But at the same time I wondered the next day when I woke up if I would feel the same.

I woke up the next day and I felt elated. I felt so wonderful! I had a huge smile on my face, I STILL have a huge smile on my face. When I pray to God, I just feel so calm and at ease, I feel like I am more connected to something than I have even been connected before. The only thing that is missing is conversations with Muslims (other than my fiancé), especially sisters.

This is my story and I look forward to hearing about yours!

Peace be upon you all,

Amy

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
ma shaa Allah - This does my heart good.
Allah Akbar

MuslimahBarb
07-28-2012, 02:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum Sister Amy!

Masha Allah! It is always wonderful to have a fellow revert join us here. It is so wonderful to read your reversion story!

Abz2000
07-28-2012, 02:36 AM
^ :) same here, this is such a blessed summer inshaAllah, feels like a summer of awakening despite all the sad things happening.
may Allah keep u steadfast on the path all the way up til the second you pass through the gates of Paradise sis.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
07-28-2012, 02:54 AM
mA (MashAllah ie what Allah willed) its a blessing that you've reverted in ramadan aswell, iA (God willing) this month will turbo charge your faith for the coming year.

Islam is a religion of learning, even the greatest of scholars is indeed also a student. So yh, try to learn as much as you can, at a pace which your comfortable with, especially the arabic of the prayer.

Are you fasting this month?

Al-bint
07-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Asalaamualaikum!! Peace be with you sister!!

Masha Allah sister :) It's so nice to hear your story. Allah has blessed you with faith! May Allah shower His blessings upon you in throughout your life ahead and may bless you with Jannah. I am really happy for you! welcome again!

Wasalaam! and peace!

Sumaiya54
07-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullah he Barakatu :)

Masha'Allah! I know what you mean, I'm a recent revert too Alhamdulilah! If you even need anybody to talk to, just email me (will message you with it).

Masha'Allah!!!

Muslim Woman
08-01-2012, 04:07 AM
:sl:

Sis , Welcome to Islam :statisfie

Hulk
08-01-2012, 04:09 AM
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!