/* */

PDA

View Full Version : For brothers- really confused about fast validity!

anonymous
07-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I've become confused about whether my fast is still valid or not.

The issue is about a wet dream which consisted of (not detailing anything specific!) me doing something unrelated initially and then 'intentionally' comitting something haram which would have broken a fast.

My confusion arises because when i woke up i realised i hadn't actually done anything tangible and I was asleep the whole time! However, the content of the dream i.e intentionally commiting a fast-breaking act makes me feel my fast really is broken! Indeed, immediately after this dream i assumed my fast is no longer valid for a little while ( though I did not do anything to actually break the fast during this period) and it was only a little while after I started questioning myself about whether my fast is actually intact.

I hope any person can help me, essentially this situation involves a wet dream with a confusion arising from it over my fast validity! I would never normally be this confused about wet dreams whilst fasting since I already know the rulings!

JazaakAllah, I hope someone can help me!! Until now I am continuing my fast as normal and will do for the rest of the day inshAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-29-2012, 09:24 PM
I am not a brother nor am I a scholar.. but what I'd like to say is it is better to err on the side of caution? complete the day in fast and make it up anyway to undo whatever doubt you've in your mind.

:w:

tango92
07-29-2012, 10:26 PM
i dont think your fast is broken bro, these are my two sources

http://spa.qibla.com/issue_view.asp?HD=3&ID=4235&CATE=410

http://seekersguidance.org/ans-blog/2009/08/27/does-a-wet-dream-break-the-fast/

b
y no means is that fatwa a certainty, and i do not know the reliability if the sources, but it seems to make sense because you have not intentionally broken the fast.

The Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: “The Pen is lifted from three (i.e., their deeds are not recorded):
  1. a child until he reaches puberty;
  2. an insane man until he comes to his senses;
  3. one who is asleep until he wakes up.”
[Recorded in Abu Dawud #4403, and Ibn Majah #2041]

wa salaam brother

Alpha Dude
07-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Fast is still valid. Wet dreams do not break it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
07-30-2012, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalaamu alaikum,

I've become confused about whether my fast is still valid or not.

The issue is about a wet dream which consisted of (not detailing anything specific!) me doing something unrelated initially and then 'intentionally' comitting something haram which would have broken a fast.

My confusion arises because when i woke up i realised i hadn't actually done anything tangible and I was asleep the whole time! However, the content of the dream i.e intentionally commiting a fast-breaking act makes me feel my fast really is broken! Indeed, immediately after this dream i assumed my fast is no longer valid for a little while ( though I did not do anything to actually break the fast during this period) and it was only a little while after I started questioning myself about whether my fast is actually intact.

I hope any person can help me, essentially this situation involves a wet dream with a confusion arising from it over my fast validity! I would never normally be this confused about wet dreams whilst fasting since I already know the rulings!

JazaakAllah, I hope someone can help me!! Until now I am continuing my fast as normal and will do for the rest of the day inshAllah.
Asalaamu Alaikum, fasting is not broken due to involuntary ejaculation such as in wet dreams.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Abz2000
07-31-2012, 12:52 AM
wot abt if one is somewhere between sleep and awakening and then something happens while he's not totally conscious but not unconscious either, like the dream is still playing in his mind while not fully alert and then he finds he's discharged a load while he was actually awake?

Hamza Asadullah
07-31-2012, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
wot abt if one is somewhere between sleep and awakening and then something happens while he's not totally conscious but not unconscious either, like the dream is still playing in his mind while not fully alert and then he finds he's discharged a load while he was actually awake?
:sl:

Obviously if a person is not fully alert and happens to discharge whilst half asleep then he is not doing so intentionally nor voluntarily as a person would have to be fully alert to have to ejaculate intentionally and voluntarily.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!