/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scientists understand only 4% of universe

Hulk
07-30-2012, 06:38 PM
How arrogant are we to make a statement like "We understand 4% of the universe"?.. So silly.. Furthermore.. what I find silly is that the scientist says that he will only be talking from an "intellectual perspective". The he goes on to talk about the "Laws of physics".. Funny thing, he never thought about Who ordained those laws?

Anyway I don't intend to rant so check out the video.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-30-2012, 07:35 PM
As a general statement and not particularly concerning this video- I don't think 'scientists' say one thing or another beyond what they're working on. The problem is that atheists or 'humanists' or whatever feel free to assign themselves the role of 'scientists' and then enter the domain of philosophy. They choose to take something that is concerned with data and turn it into something that is concerned with metaphysical reasoning. They steal the title for themselves and force another label on others (the theists) I consider that to be a faulty premise from the get go.
We as Muslims are told that we should seek knowledge -- for all knowledge is a doorway to finding Allah swt. They seek knowledge if at all as a way to affirm their personal beliefs and personal agenda but they're not able to do so & then you've a couple of vocal atheists who happen to hold a science degree who crusade on behalf of their beliefs that's all.. I don't see them doing anything but clutching to straws. By what long stretches of the imagination do they want us to fill in the gap which they can't fill? When in fact that is what they should do if if they turn science into a religion, but shouldn't it be by virtue of what it is concerned with the details, with mechanisms of actions, with the atomic processes of their origin and perpetuation in a particular direction.
So let's not accuse scientists of the atheist/humanist desire.. There's simply no two camps here.

:w:

Hulk
07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Definitely, a lot of atheists seem to think that somehow science is on their side as if anyone who believes in a Creator rejects science. I can understand and of course appreciate it when scientists don't go beyond what they are working on as such is also the way of teachers of our deen who strictly only teach certain subjects even though they might know more. What disturbs me personally is the underlying tone that religion and intellectual study are against each other which seems to be the "norm" thought for example in regards to the video he said he will only be speaking from an intellectual perspective and not spiritual.

While I would agree that when it comes to spiritual(disliking this word) matters the human intellect certainly has its limits, such statements imply anything "spiritual" is unintelligent. I would have preferred if the "scientific" had been used instead. I think this is why atheists often develop a "more logical than you" mindset. -_-

جوري
07-30-2012, 08:46 PM
This tone you speak of and which is made obvious in the speech of atheists can only ever gain momentum if we loan it credence and take offense in lieu of tackling it head on. We simply push back that's all!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
07-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

And of knowledge you (mankind) have been given only a little... [Qur'an 17:85]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!