/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti Islamic propaganda!Thousands of Youtube videos willifies people to believe Lies.

Muhammed91
07-31-2012, 01:02 AM
Salaamaleykum Brothers And Sisters.

I See a disturbing and growing problem in the internet war on Islam. Anti-islamic people dedicate their time to create and spread thousand of lies about islam. In Youtube where millions of people watch videos every day, there are uploaded dozens of antiislamic, manipulating propaganda every day,some of them titled: "why islam is not the truth" "why people from islam converts to christianity" "Why islam is wrong" etc. People who make these videos, are in knowledge of the manipulating effect of making these videos, and will do everything in their power, to spread misunderstanding, and misinformation about islam, and create anger among muslims. Furthermore, they must have groups, who are voting these videos up, and giving them vides, so they are in the top of the video search when people wants to search about islam. Those, who are confused or lack in faith, or people who wants to convert but can be turned back by these propaganda manipulative videos.

We as muslims must help other people and ourselves, and prevent that these lies dont spread further. Maybe there are 1 man today, who considered research islam because he was interested, and saw one of these propaganda videos, and actually belived it. How sad is it, when we can do a difference with our efforts to informate?

I see everywhere, people who are confused in islam, what they should belive. We know the truth, we should spread it! When they are presented to the truth , they can decide for themselves. May Allah the Almighty show them the Right Path and the Truth.

The solution is simple. We just need manpower, and spreading out the words! You just need an Youtube account. If you dont have one - Make one. Its simple and every vote will help! There are lot of youngsters who are in confusion who needs to know the manipulative propaganda videos.

We need to make a thread (maybe this one) where everyone can post youtube links with misinformating or antimuslim propaganda.
We need to vote down videos filled with lies, so people can see that it is not a reliable video.
We need to vote down comments that are anti-islamic.
We need to vote up videos that are telling truth about islam so it becomes on the top of the list when people search for islam.
We need to vote up, other brothers and sisters good comments on islam.

Dont swear when commenting, dont sound angry! Lets help eachother. Each vote is powerful and effective.

We need to post comments not with anger, but with arguments that proves them wrong.

I will start making a list where we han vote down videos i have wathced and classified as propaganda:

*** becuase im new i could not add links, :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-31-2012, 04:32 AM
:wa:

bro , May Allah reward u for your good intention but it's better not to post any links of anti Islamic sites and videos . It will give them free publicity .

If u happen to visit any such site , post the link of holy Quran with translation there . So that non Muslims readers / viewers can visit Quran link and read and know about true Islam .

Don't worry too much about such propaganda. Despite the hateful media propaganda against Islam , it's the fasting religion in the World . Alhamdulillah.

.... they were plotting and Allah too was planning, and Allah is the Best of the planners.
( سورة الأنفال , Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #30)

Aprender
07-31-2012, 04:49 AM
Ah yes. I know what this brother is talking about. If you go to watch lectures on videos with people like Nouman Ali Khan or Yusuf Estes or any of the people from Quran Weekly even that shares beneficial and correct knowledge about Islam, you'll see a bunch of dislikes on those videos and awful comments from non-Muslims.

There's a group of YouTubers going around disliking a lot of Islamic videos and spreading false information about Islam in other videos.

I think the best thing to do is report it to Google/YouTube as much of it can be construed as hate speech. You can also report it to the authorities as a threat on the life of Muslims as many of those videos do because of the incorrect content.

جوري
07-31-2012, 10:46 AM
This is no different than any time in history. The job of kaffirs is to torment the believers.
The world is built upon seven themes. The things that drive them are obvious it won't deter those who will become Muslim or those that are- it only works on those in whose hearts there's a sickness.
I am personally more concerned with the state of the ummah than establishing PR campaigns to appease kaffirs I don't think there's even room to humor their concoction of colourful trifles I am also more concerned over the quality of Muslims than the quantity of them and lastly I am concerned that my headache with nausea will render me bed ridden the rest of the day lol
Please don't give kaffirs the time of day let's just be concerned with our own affairs.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
07-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Guys, I discovered something very interesting on VC forums.

Anti Islamic groups, pay "shills" to go on sites, forum, youtube, and social networking sites, in order to disrepute Islam. I found this out because an ex-shill who had harboured too much guilt, came out of the closet and admitted what they did. They even exposed some of the workin MO of the groups. For example, they will arm up the shill with a list of sites that abrogate verses of the Quran and hadeeth, and also, they teach these shills that they can use weak and fabricated hadeeth to confuse Muslims and create doubt in their hearts... and that most Muslims won't even know if the hadeeth quoted is sahih or not.

This is the reality we live in.

believe it or not, we're in WW3... don't believe me? The war is about opinion... and in 20 - 30 yrs time, their own children will say "World War 3 was the war against Islam"...

Scimi

Serendipity
07-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Haters gonna hate. Don't post any anti islamic videos like the other poster said it would give it too much attention. I don't bother reading the comments islamic youtube videos any more, I find it very sad that some people use their time to spread around hate, they must be very miserable.

Qurratul Ayn
07-31-2012, 05:01 PM
:salamext:

^ Exactamundo, my dearie

Plus they don't have a life. A pretty sad life if one is hating all the time

O Allaah keep us on the true path and forgive us for all our sins

جوري
07-31-2012, 05:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Guys, I discovered something very interesting on VC forums.

Anti Islamic groups, pay "shills" to go on sites, forum, youtube, and social networking sites, in order to disrepute Islam. I found this out because an ex-shill who had harboured too much guilt, came out of the closet and admitted what they did. They even exposed some of the workin MO of the groups. For example, they will arm up the shill with a list of sites that abrogate verses of the Quran and hadeeth, and also, they teach these shills that they can use weak and fabricated hadeeth to confuse Muslims and create doubt in their hearts... and that most Muslims won't even know if the hadeeth quoted is sahih or not.

This is the reality we live in.

believe it or not, we're in WW3... don't believe me? The war is about opinion... and in 20 - 30 yrs time, their own children will say "World War 3 was the war against Islam"...

Scimi
I can believe that because they use the same exact crap over and over if Muslims educate themselves in the very basics they'd take them down fast. One time I had at it with a moron on a J nasheed he didn't last two days at first he was tenacious then he took a hike but he annoyed me enough for me to want to stick it to him, I usually don't bother.
Christians are the easiest to take down. Everything they accuse Muslims of they suffer from so it is a mere case of projection. The rest don't lag much behind either. If you really wanted to you can stick it to them but it is such a waste of time and they're a waste of human beings. I pinpoint a lazy cell in the body that has more intelligence and purpose than they have!

Serendipity
07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
I hate it the most when the stupid islamic haters post on the videos that arn't even islamic, for example I was watching this video that wasn't anything to do with Islam, and there was a person posting ayahs of the Quran that were out of context (like about the battle) and going "is this is the religion of peace" and I was like lol what the hell.

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
I pinpoint the a lazy cell in the body that has more intelligence and purpose than they have!
You know, i have come across some Christians on forums who initially posted refutations to islam, according to their understanding of it... I humoured these posts in order to determine whether they were genuinely interested in learning or if they are just there to be idiots...

...to my surprise, I have found a few Christians who actually did u-turns on their misunderstanding of Islam... in order to find a common ground. However this is rare... but still, we must afford them that option in order to clarify their intention. If we didn't, we're no better than they are :)

Scimi

Aprender
07-31-2012, 05:33 PM
...to my surprise, I have found a few Christians who actually did u-turns on their misunderstanding of Islam... in order to find a common ground. However this is rare...
Yeah it is rare. My aunt is one of those types and I'm still working with her to help her learn the truth about Islam. What gets me is that they teach a lot of this hate speech in churches and that is really unfortunate. Though it's not surprising. I find sometimes when I do take the time to tell people the truth about Islam they often just say "ohhh. wow. I didn't know that." And walk away looking dumb.

format_quote Originally Posted by StarDust
I hate it the most when the stupid islamic haters post on the videos that arn't even islamic, for example I was watching this video that wasn't anything to do with Islam, and there was a person posting ayahs of the Quran that were out of context
Yes, I came across a few videos like that when I was trying to learn about Islam. I was shielded from the truth for a few months because of that anti-Islamic froth on the internet. Takes a while to get to the true stuff. But many of those people are just blinded by hate and won't listen no matter what you write to them. That's why I'd rather just hit the report button if I come across it, show them how what they're doing could get them in some major legal trouble and that is enough sometimes to scare them off and I move on with my day.

جوري
07-31-2012, 05:34 PM
You know, i have come across some Christians on forums who initially posted refutations to islam, according to their understanding of it... I humoured these posts in order to determine whether they were genuinely interested in learning or if they are just there to be idiots...

...to my surprise, I have found a few Christians who actually did u-turns on their misunderstanding of Islam... in order to find a common ground. However this is rare... but still, we must afford them that option in order to clarify their intention. If we didn't, we're no better than they are :)

Scimi
Where you are now I once was, where I am now you'll soon be is all I can say. I have given them all the benefits of the doubts I can over the years but genuinely sick of their crap. I wholly believe that Allah swt guides whom he wills and not through anything we write, any glossy videos etc.
Al-Qasas (The Narration)> [28:56]
Al-Qasas (The Narration)[28:56]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Innaka la tahdee man ahbabta walakinna Allaha yahdee man yashao wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena
28:56 It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.

and in my case there's no love lost. Maybe just for a couple of friends who aren't sure about their beliefs and choose to be theists because they're burnt out, but not with those other hardened individuals. khlas I am in the next stage now.. I don't want Muslims who're Quranists, or who smoke weed to get closer to the gods and quote verses to satisfy their agenda and have no understanding of Islam whatsoever and I have absolutely no time or interest in doing anything for kaffirs other than to see them in hell in shaa Allah. I hope that doesn't make me sound cruel but I didn't get to this state over night- it is because of their constant abuses and vile acts, behavior and overt hatred -
At-Tauba (The Repentance)[9:8]

[RECITE]
[top] [next match]

Kayfa wain yathharoo AAalaykum la yarquboo feekum illan wala thimmatan yurdoonakum biafwahihim wataba quloobuhum waaktharuhum fasiqoona

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 05:42 PM
I like your style, it's harsh, but it makes them run a mile :D and I like to see them run run run run :D haha...

... We are like oranges and tangerines, different, but from the same family :)

Scimi

جوري
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM
I am more of a pink grapefruit ..an acquired taste for sure!

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Still same family :) I acquired the taste for pink grapefruit a long time ago. It all started here :D

You sure know how to chase away those troublemakers - the number of times I was left giggling and smirking after the way you dealt with them... truth be told sis, you scare me a little. And not much scares me...

Scimi

glo
07-31-2012, 06:30 PM
I would suggest that the best way is to ignore such sites.

People who do not want to listen WILL NOT listen! It's as simple as that.
Why waste any time during the most holy month to get angered by those who spread lies and division and hatred?
Isn't that exactly what they want?

Also, it can take a very long time to erode peoples' misconceptions. Mostly because people hang onto their own beliefs and conceptions for dear life and are not willing to contemplate anything else as even remotely containing a hint of truth ...
I mean, how dangerous would that be, if suddenly we allowed ourselves to believe that there might be (at least SOME) truth in the teachings/ beliefs/worldviews of others. Our own worldview may be in danger of disintegrating!! :ooh:

People don't change until God softens their heart and makes them willing to hear and be tolerant of others.

If I was you, I would just walk away and ignore it. God knows best and he will have the final say and the final judgement.

Scimi, what's a 'shill'?

Hulk
07-31-2012, 06:39 PM
I have personally come to the conclusion that the solution is to educate ourselves(muslims) on our own religion. Alhamdulillah, in Islam the more knowledge you gain the firmer your belief. Also I don't really waste my time getting into an argument with "haters" because more often than not they already made up their mind as to what they want to believe.

About the shill thing, it's pathetic.

Abz2000
07-31-2012, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
what's a 'shill'?
they're all over the place, the zionists and pentagon have admittedly hired armies of them to troll the net and especially news sites in order to confuse the people.

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. Plant and stooge more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2w5EAVnQ4o

Pentagon buys social networking 'spy software'
The Pentagon has purchased a pioneering software programme that creates fake identities on social media websites, in an attempt to infiltrate and influence suspected terrorists and extremists overseas.

The $2.7 million (£1.7 million) programme developed by San Diego firm Ntrepid allows one military user to create multiple personas on the internet and engage in extended online conversations and communications with suspects.
According to military procurement documents seen by the Washington Times, the software will "enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries".
"Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world," the documents stated.

this is from june 2011:

The true identity of internationally renowned blogger 'A Gay Girl in Damascus' has been revealed as a 40-year-old American man.

Tom MacMaster, a student at the University of Edinburgh, wrote an apology on the blog today, confessing that the entire thing was a hoax.

Confesses: Tom MacMaster, 40, an American studying in Scotland, admits he made up a lesbian blogger to draw attention to human rights issues in Syria

In his post today MacMaster, writing from Istanbul in Turkey, where he is on holiday with a girlfriend named as Britta Froelicher, said his narrative was fictional.
But he insisted the blog, popular with thousands around the world, 'created an important voice for issues I feel strongly about'.

He claimed he had never expected so much attention.
MacMaster, 40, is an American from Georgia who has been studying for a masters degree at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.

Mr MacMaster is a Middle East peace activist who says he wrote the fictionalized account of a gay woman in Syria to illuminate the situation for a Western audience.

Faked: This photo, used for made-up lesbian blogger Amina Arraf, was stolen from the Facebook account of Londoner Jelena LecicHe is currently said to be vacationing in Turkey with his girlfriend, also a student.

The admission is likely to touch off a heated debate about the truthfulness of blogs, after the invented woman's story touched a nerve with so many people around the world.
On Tuesday, a blog post at the 'Gay Girl in Damascus' site supposedly written by the woman's cousin said she had been detained in Damascus after weeks on the run.

It said she was last seen Monday being bundled into a car by three men in civilian clothes as she was on her way to meet other activists.

Ismail said a friend accompanying her was nearby and saw what happened.

The Associated Press reported her disappearance.....

A reporter for the news agency, who maintained a month-long email correspondence with Arraf, said he found the writer seemed very much like a woman in the midst of the violent change gripping Syria. The blogger spoke about friends in Damascus, and outlined worries about her father and hopes for the future of her country.During an interview she gave in April, Arraf wrote: 'I've been trying to write a slightly fictionalised autobiography for some time (fictionalised as in other people have their names changed) and when the Arab revolutions began, I realised I wanted to get my voice out there.'The force of events has meant that my blog is more about events than anything else right now.'
But the story starting unravelling quickly after a woman in Britain named Jelena Lecic said the photos on the Facebook account of Amina Arraf were actually of her.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1P7e7jyav
University.html#ixzz1P7cnS5nLInspired outrage of a fake homosexual being punished: The alleged blog garnered widespread support around the world among like minded types, "more than Mr MacMaster imagined"Gay girl in Damascus:
The blog attracted much attention, and calls for the release of the woman... who was never really kidnapped

Abz2000
07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
lol it seems the kuffar have always relied on liars and munafiqs to get their agenda across, whether with abdullah ibn ubayy or the banu qurayzah, they always stand on falsehood.

here's another one:

Israeli students and demobilized soldiers get paid to pretend they are just regular folks and leave pro-Israel comments on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other sites.
The effort is meant to fight the “well-oiled machine” of “pro-Palestinian websites, with huge budgets… with content from the Hamas news agency.”
The approach was test-marketed during Israel’s assault on Gaza, and by groups like Give Israel Your United Support, a controversial effort to use instant-access technology to crowd-source Israel advocates to fill in flash polls or vote up key articles on social networking sites.
Will the responders who are hired for this also present themselves as “ordinary net-surfers”?
“Of course,” says Shturman. “Our people will not say: ‘Hello, I am from the policy-explanation department of the Israeli Foreign Ministry and I want to tell you the following.’ Nor will they necessarily identify themselves as Israelis. They will speak as net-surfers and as citizens, and will write responses that will look personal but will be based on a prepared list of messages that the Foreign Ministry developed.”
The full article, translated by Occupation Magazine into English here:

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Now that is interesting bro Abz... you always come up trumps with the info's :)

You know, I have a great respect for the Christian members of this forum, like Glo and others who have constantly maintained their respect, honour and dignity here on the forum. And have benefited us all in terms of understanding eachtoher and gaining a common ground from which we can work up from.

This is what it is all about for me... to hear someone say "I understand" :)

Scimi

جوري
07-31-2012, 07:26 PM
love the part about 'illuminating the issue for western audience' illuminating or active creating? These people are delusional and utterly disgusting. They promote vice over virtue and call it 'human rights'

جوري
07-31-2012, 07:29 PM

This is what it is all about for me... to hear someone say "I understand" :)

Scimi
Hmmmmmmmmmmmn is all I can say to that.. don't take things at face value..

sister herb
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
I remember this new some months ago:

Israeli government pays students to spread propaganda online
Friday January 06, 2012 01:34 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC News
The Israeli government has launched a program to pay students to promote the Israeli agenda on Facebook and internet chatrooms.

Students participating in the program will receive a two thousand dollar stipend from the Jewish Agency, part of the Israeli government, to spend five hours a week online promoting talking points provided by the Israeli government.

According to the National Union of Israeli Students, which is a partner in the program, it is aimed at quote “deepening and expanding hasbara activities of students”. Hasbara is the Hebrew word for propaganda.

Critics say that the information provided to student participants in the program does not make any distinction between anti-Jewish statements and legitimate criticism of the Israeli government’s policies.

Instead, program organizers say that all criticism of Israel constitutes ‘anti-Semitism’ and should be combated using cyber-warfare and propaganda.
To that end, they will be sending hundreds of self-proclaimed ‘student missionaries’ to colleges around the world to promote the online propaganda program and to encourage students to support the Israeli government’s agenda.

To be eligible for the program, students must have lived in Israel for three years and consider themselves active Zionists, as well as having served in the Israeli military.

http://imemc.org/article/62782

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Here is a story on a confession from a Shill...

I quit this job in the latter part of 2011, because I became disgusted with it, and with myself. I realized I couldn’t look myself in the mirror anymore. If this confession triggers some kind of retribution against me, so be it. Part of being a real man in this world is having real values that you stand up for, no matter what the consequences.

My story begins in early 2011. I had been out of work for almost a year after losing my last job in tech support. Increasingly desperate and despondent, I jumped at the chance when a former co-worker called me up and said she had a possible lead for me. “It is an unusual job, and one that requires secrecy. But the pay is good. And I know you are a good writer, so its something you are suited for.” (Writing has always been a hobby for me). She gave me only a phone-number and an address, in one of the seedier parts of San Francisco, where I live. intrigued, I asked her for the company’s URL and some more info. She laughed. “They don’t have a website. Or even a name. You’ll see. Just tell them I referred you.” Yes, it sounded suspicious, but long-term joblessness breeds desperation, and desperation has a funny way of overlooking the suspicious when it comes to putting food on the table.

The next day, I arrived at the address – the third floor in a crumbling building. The appearance of the place did not inspire confidence. After walking down a long, filthy linoleum-covered corridor lit by dimly-flickering halogen, I came to the entrance of the office itself: a crudely battered metal door with a sign that said “United Amalgamated Industries, Inc.” I later learned that this “company” changed its name almost monthly, always using bland names like that which gave no strong impression of what the company actually does. Not too hopeful, I went inside. The interior was equally shabby. There were a few long tables with folding chairs, at which about a dozen people were tapping away on old, beat-up computers. There were no decorations or ornaments of any type: not even the standard-issue office fica trees or plastic ferns. What a dump. Well, beggars can’t be choosers.

The manager, a balding man in his late forties, rose from the only stand-alone desk in the room and came forward with an easy smile. “You must be Chris. Yvette [my ex-co-worker] told me you’d be coming.” [Not our real names]. “Welcome. Let me tell you a little about what we do.” No interview, nothing. I later learned they took people based solely on referral, and that the people making the referrals, like my ex-colleague Yvette, were trained to pick out candidates based on several factors including ability to keep one’s mouth shut, basic writing skills, and desperation for work.

We sat down at his desk and he began by asking me a few questions about myself and my background, including my political views (which were basically non-existent). Then he began to explain the job. “We work on influencing people’s opinions here,” is how he described it. The company’s clients paid them to post on Internet message boards and popular chartrooms, as well as in gaming forums and social networks like Facebook and MySpace. Who were these clients? “Oh, various people,” he said vaguely. “Sometimes private companies, sometimes political groups.” Satisfied that my political views were not strong, he said I would be assigned to political work. “The best people for this type of job are people like you, without strong views,” he said with a laugh. “It might seem counterintuitive, but actually we’ve found that to be the case.” Well, OK. Fine. As long as it comes with a steady paycheck, I’d believe whatever they wanted me to believe, as the guy in Ghostbusters said.

After discussing pay (which was much better than I’d hoped) and a few other details, he then went over the need for absolute privacy and secrecy. “You can’t tell anyone what we do here. Not your wife, not your dog.” (I have neither, as it happens.) “We’ll give you a cover story and even a phone number and a fake website you can use. You will have to tell people you are a consultant. Since your background is in tech support, that will be your cover job. Is this going to be a problem for you?” I assured him it would not. “Well, OK. Shall we get started?”

“Right now?” I asked, a bit taken aback.

“No time like the present!” he said with a hearty laugh.

The rest of the day was taken up with training. Another staff member, a no-nonsense woman in her thirties, was to be my trainer, and training would only last two days. “You seem like a bright guy, you’ll get the hang of it pretty fast, I think,” she said. And indeed, the job was easier than I’d imagined. My task was simple: I would be assigned to four different websites, with the goal of entering certain discussions and promoting a certain view. I learned later that some of the personnel were assigned to internet message boards (like me), while others worked on Facebook or chatrooms. It seems these three types of media each have differentstrategy for shilling, and each shill concentrates on one of the three in particular.

My task? “To support Israel and counter anti-Israeli, anti-Semitic posters.” Fine with me. I had no opinions one way or another about Israel, and who likes anti-Semites and Nazis? Not me, anyway. But I didn’t know too much about the topic. “That’s OK,” she said. “You’ll pick it up as you go along. For the most part, at first, you will be doing what we call “meme-patrol.” This is pretty easy. Later if you show promise, we’ll train you for more complex arguments, where more in-depth knowledge is necessary.”

She handed me two binders with sheets enclosed in limp plastic. The first was labeled simply “Israel” in magic-marker on the cover, and it had two sections .The first section contained basic background info on the topic. I would have to read and memorize some of this, as time went on. It had internet links for further reading, essays and talking points, and excerpts from some history books. The second, and larger, section was called “Strat” (short for “strategy”) with long lists of “dialogue pairs.” These were specific responses to specific postings. If a poster wrote something close to “X,” we were supposed to respond with something close to “Y.” “You have to mix it up a bit, though,” said my trainer. “Otherwise it gets too obvious. Learn to use a thesaurus.” This section also contained a number of hints for de-railing conversations that went too far away from what we were attempting. These strategies included various forms of personal attacks, complaining to the forum moderators, smearing the characters of our opponents, using images and icons effectively, and even dragging the tone of the conversation down with sexual innuendo, links to pornography, or other such things. “Sometimes we have to fight dirty,” or trainer told us. “Our opponents don’t hesitate to, so we can’t either.”

The second binder was smaller, and it contained information specific to the web sites I would be assigned to. The sites I would work were: Godlike Productions, Lunatic Outpost, CNN news, Yahoo News, and a handful of smaller sites that rotated depending on need. As stated, I was NOT assigned to work ATS (although others in my group were), which is part of the reason I am posting this here, rather than elsewhere. I wanted to post this on Godlike Productions at first, but they have banned me from even viewing that site for some reason (perhaps they are onto me?). But if somebody connected with this site can get the message to them, I think they should know about it, because that was the site I spent a good 70% of my time working on.

The site-specific info in the second binder included a brief history each site, including recent flame-wars, as well as info on what to avoid on each site so as not to get banned. It also had quite detailed info on the moderators and the most popular regged posters on each site: location (if known), personality type, topics of interest, background sketch, and even some notes on how to “push the psychological buttons” of different posters. Although I didn’t work for ATS, I did see they had a lot of info on your so-called “WATS” posters here (the ones with gold borders around their edges). “Focus on the popular posters,” my trainer told me. “These are the influential ones. Each of these is worth 50 to 100 of the lesser known names.” Each popular poster was classified as “hostile,” “friendly,” or “indifferent” to my goal. We were supposed to cultivate friendship with the friendly posters as well as the mods (basically, by brownnosing and sucking up), and there were even notes on strategies for dealing with specific hostile posters. The info was pretty detailed, but not perfect in every case. “If you can convert one of the hostile posters from the enemy side to our side, you get a nice bonus. But this doesn’t happen too often, sadly. So mostly you’ll be attacking them and trying to smear them.”

At first, like I said, my job was “meme-patrol.” This was pretty simple and repetitive; it involved countering memes and introducing new memes, and didn’t demand much in-depth knowledge of the subject. Mostly just repetitive posting based on the dialogue pairs in the “Strat” section of the first binder. A lot of my job was de-railing and spamming threads that didn’t go our way, or making accusations of racism and anti-Semitism. Sometimes I had to simply lie and claim a poster said something or did something “in another thread” they really hadn’t said or done I felt bad about this…but in the end I felt worse about the possibility of losing the first job I’d been able to get since losing my “real” job.

The funny thing was, although I started the job with no strong opinions or political views, after a few weeks of this I became very emotionally wedded to the pro-Israel ideas I was pushing. There must be some psychological factor at work…a good salesman learns to honestly love the products he’s selling, I guess. It wasn’t long before my responses became fiery and passionate, and I began to learn more about the topic on my own. “This is a good sign,” my trainer told me. “It means you are ready for the next step: complex debate.”

The “complex debate” part of the job involved a fair amount of additional training, including memorizing more specific information about the specific posters (friendly and hostile) I’d be sparring with. Here, too, there were scripts and suggested lines of argument, but we were given more freedom. There were a lot of details to this more advanced stage of the job – everything from how to select the right avatar to how to use “demotivationals” (humorous images with black borders that one finds floating around the web). Even the proper use of images of cats was discussed. Sometimes we used faked or photo-shopped images or doctored news reports (something else that bothered me).

I was also given the job of tying to find new recruits, people “like me” who had the personality type, ability to keep a secret, basic writing/thinking skills, and desperation necessary to sign on a shill. I was less successful at this part of the job, though, and I couldn’t find another in the time I was there.

After a while of doing this, I started to feel bad. Not because of the views I was pushing (as I said, I was first apolitical, then pro-Israel), but because of the dishonesty involved. If my arguments were so correct, I wondered, why did we have to do this in the first place? Shouldn’t truth propagate itself naturally, rather than through, well…propaganda? And who was behind this whole operation, anyway? Who was signing my paychecks? The stress of lying to my parents and friends about being a “consultant” was also getting to me. Finally, I said enough was enough. I quit in September 2011. Since then I’ve been working a series of unglamorous temp office jobs for lower pay. But at least I’m not making my living lying and heckling people who come online to express their views and exercise freedom of speech.

A few days ago I happened to be in the same neighborhood and on a whim thought I’d check out the old office. It turns out the operation is gone, having moved on. This, too, I understood, is part of their strategy: Don’t stay in the same place for too long, don’t keep the same name too long, move on after half a year or so. Keeping a low profile, finding new employees through word of mouth: All this is part of the shill way of life. But it is a deceptive way of life, and no matter how noble the goals (I remain pro-Israel, by the way), these sleazy means cannot be justified by the end.

This is my confession. I haven’t made up my mind yet about whether I want to talk more about this, so if I don’t respond to this thread, don’t be angry. But I think you should know: Shills exist. They are real. They walk among you, and they pay special attention to your popular gold-bordered WATS posters. You should be aware of this. What you choose to do with this awareness is up to you.

Yours,

ExShill

April 2012
link: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/...71#pid13829871

جوري
07-31-2012, 07:40 PM
They pay them using your tax money!

جوري
07-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Here is a story on a confession from a Shill...

link: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/...71#pid13829871

Here we have a guy who has probably made it to supreme level of shill. Still pro-Israel for the 'truth is self propagating'. I don't think he ever quit, quite frankly ..
This is why I also ask you to have the same discerning criticism when dealing with some of the 'friendlier' been here a while non-Muslims or even Muslims whose views aren't Islamic for in all likelihood shills under a different type of pretense.

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 07:54 PM
I've known for years that world war 3 was all about public opinion, anti Islamic propaganda and engineering internal wars and strife within the Islamic countries (they sure did succeed)...

Notice, they are so good at their game, they bought our Khilafah down from within, and continue to add insult to injury, and worse...

This is it. I just wish that we all understood that when Ahmed Thomson wrote "the dajjal system, that is the anti-christ system" - he was referring to the onslaught of misinformed propaganda that is designed to make us lose our resolve first, then our faith next...

...I used to be a part of the problem, believe it or not. Now I want to be a part of the solution. So I chase these things that many don't want to even think about. And I try to expose them where I can... sometimes, I get a backlash from it, but hey - me na care fo dat.

The truth, bloody hurts... but strength defines a person. true strength isn't how hard you can hit, but how hard you can be hit, and still move forth.

We need a section on this site, where we can arm up Muslims and Christians against the Zionist propaganda and so we may be aware of the methods they employ.

Some of us have known for ages (like sis bluebell and bro Abz) that these things happen, and the sad thing is that the larger community think we're loops because we talk about it.

The truth is, if you deny what you know - then you only do yourself a grave injustice. Knoweldge, no matter what branch it is, is still knowledge - and that is a responsibility. We don't hide it - we share it.

Scimi

جوري
07-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Christians at least the western ones very much want it this way. If the colonial settler cockroach state of Israel doesn't exist they don't get to have a repuke con Jesus descending on a silver cloud to enrapture them. They both are using each other, they both secretly mock each other while appearing very friendly and loving, their agenda is one and for selfish meaningless reasons that they created in their head very much akin to the concept of a dying man God which they've created in their head. The end very much justifies the means for them. Try to look at the entire picture and don't be fooled into defining a common enemy when the enemies come in many different shapes and forms. Which is also precisely why I ask for better quality Muslims over quantity Muslims.

Aprender
07-31-2012, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
To be eligible for the program, students must have lived in Israel for three years and consider themselves active Zionists, as well as having served in the Israeli military.
Pathetic.

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes, you are talking of the Zionist alliance between Christians and Jews...

But not all Christians and not all Jews support that alliance. The Zionist Christians and Jews - They are the ones who were "led astray" and the ones who "incurred Allahs wrath"... as per Surah al Fatiha.

format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
Here we have a guy who has probably made it to supreme level of shill. Still pro-Israel for the 'truth is self propagating'. I don't think he ever quit, quite frankly ..
This is why I also ask you to have the same discerning criticism when dealing with some of the 'friendlier' been here a while non-Muslims or even Muslims whose views aren't Islamic for in all likelihood shills under a different type of pretense.
Yes, I see your point, but I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. And this is where my experience as an editor for publications comes in handy. I can always read "intent" and "purpose" in posts... the "what do they hope to achieve" and the "why?".

Like this, I exposed quite a few shills on WUP-FORUM (the wake up project). And they, subsequently, got their IP's banned from the site.

However, I know that most people who come to forums, come in order to share experiences and to learn from one another. So I have to exercise that benefit of the doubt, until I have enough reason to doubt...

Scimi

جوري
07-31-2012, 08:20 PM
There's also the benefit of experience, the wisdom that comes not from learning the craft but experiencing it first hand and for years..
Few people I trust but the kinship I have here with Muslims who have stood the test of time in my mind is inviolable in shaa Allah .. may Allah swt love them and make us all steadfast against the enemies & grant us a very strong ummah better than was before in shaa Allah..

Jedi_Mindset
07-31-2012, 08:20 PM
I think IB needs to be more aware about this, these guys often present themselves as ''ex-muslims'' either or spreading secterian agenda's or just plain simply; israel or america supporters in their crusade against islam.. Why would a pro-israeli guy join a islamic forum? doesnt make very sense...only for one reason: trolling.

Shill or not these guys come here to troll and to spread lies about islam. To weaken iman of muslims, and especially new-muslims would find themselves confused.

Aprender
07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
I think IB needs to be more aware about this, these guys often present themselves as ''ex-muslims'' either or spreading secterian agenda's or just plain simply; israel or america supporters in their crusade against islam.. Why would a pro-israeli guy join a islamic forum? doesnt make very sense...only for one reason: trolling.
I think for the most part we notice them and take out the trash accordingly.

Jedi_Mindset
07-31-2012, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
I think for the most part we notice them and take out the trash accordingly.
Not always....they're sneaky, even hide themselves behind muslim names. They dont have to be zionist supporters either, on wup forum(another forum i browse sometimes) there is a guy who spreads these ideology which allows the killing of women and children, and to justify the killings of non-combatants in the name of islam, saying that all those attacks on 9/11, 7/7 were martyrdom operations.

And this is the khawarijte ideology. This fitnah is spreading amongst muslims, and should be stopped, just like some extremist-shia agenda's.

GuestFellow
07-31-2012, 08:35 PM
There is propaganda made against everything. Nothing unusual. Ignore it.

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Even when it infiltrates the site you visit and you have to witness flame wars? No... we deal with it bro.

Scimi

GuestFellow
07-31-2012, 08:42 PM
^ Sorry are you responding to me? :/

sister herb
07-31-2012, 08:43 PM
^ That is good advice but those kind of trolls mess opinions of new muslims whose yet haven´t got enough information what real islam is.

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes bro Tragic Typos, I was referring to you. I thought you may have read thru the thread, but upon reflection - maybe you just read the first post. Else I don't think you would have made that comment as loosely as you did.

Anyway, just a mishap.

Scimi

GuestFellow
07-31-2012, 08:46 PM
@ sister harb

^ What advice did I gave again...

GuestFellow
07-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Even when it infiltrates the site you visit and you have to witness flame wars? No... we deal with it bro.

Scimi
Since you were responding to me...

Well I just read the first post. From reading loads of books and articles, I have seen propaganda made against many things.

sister herb
07-31-2012, 08:54 PM
"Ignore it."

Yes good advice to those whose know already something about islam but what those new muslims can do? How they know what kind of posts have to ignore and what not?

Thats why better not ignore trolls but show how wrong they information is.

GuestFellow
07-31-2012, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
"Ignore it."

Yes good advice to those whose know already something about islam but what those new muslims can do? How they know what kind of posts have to ignore and what not?

Thats why better not ignore trolls but show how wrong they information is.
Actually that's me just typing something for the sake of it. It's a sign that I'm tired, exhausted and...meh...

sister herb
07-31-2012, 09:02 PM
I know. We all are tired to those trolls.

Zionists-ones or anti-islamic-ones or both.

:heated:

Scimitar
07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm not, I want to expose them and let them know that we're onto them - so they can tear their hairs out in frustration - and not get paid the big dough :D

All that effort, what do they gain? Sin for conspiring against the Muslims, and no pay to boot :) Not to mention a waste of their time :)

Truth will prevail

Scimi

sister herb
07-31-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm not, I want to expose them and let them know that we're onto them - so they can tear their hairs out in frustration - and not get paid the big dough :D

All that effort, what do they gain? Sin for conspiring against the Muslims, and no pay to boot :) Not to mention a waste of their time :)

Truth will prevail

Scimi
I wish you luck. I have fighted with kind of trolls in net and in other places last 25 years. Never mind, I can continue same also next 25 years if needed.

;D

IslamicRevival
08-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Words of wisdom and sound advice from Sheikh Hakim Murad

Good brother
08-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Indeed, those who disbelieve spend their wealth to avert [people] from the way of Allah . So they will spend it; then it will be for them a [source of] regret; then they will be overcome. And those who have disbelieved - unto Hell they will be gathered.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يُنفِقُونَ أَمْوَالَهُمْ لِيَصُدُّوا عَن سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۚ فَسَيُنفِقُونَهَا ثُمَّ تَكُونُ عَلَيْهِمْ حَسْرَةً ثُمَّ يُغْلَبُونَ ۗ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَىٰ جَهَنَّمَ يُحْشَرُونَ
The only thing we can do is to like good islamic videos for dawah and we can make a thread for this purpose.

Scimitar
08-01-2012, 12:48 PM
That is NOT the only thing we can do... we have many options. Rather say, this is the only thing "I" would like to do... yes?

Scimi

sister herb
08-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Yes Scimi, we can

Scimitar
08-01-2012, 12:59 PM
Gotta admit though, the Quran quote that Good Brother used, fits in perfectly with these organisations which are hell bent (pun intended) on dis-reputing Islam...

Scimi

aamirsaab
08-01-2012, 06:52 PM
I remember I used to have a similar zeal that quite a few of you guys have now. Some time ago, I was in an Islamic facebook group. It got trolled by a couple of d-bags (one was an ex-muslim), but no one really knew how to deal with them. So me being the white knight that I am, got stuck right in the middle of things (I had initially reported them both AND e-mailed the group admin but to no avail). On many occasions I would go in and just destroyed the argument as well as the poster...I was always relatively calm and well mannered though. It was fun at times because these two d-bags would go out of there way to troll as hard as they could, then I'd come in and ruin all their fun.

After a month or so, it got kind of boring. I'd trash one guy's arguments day in day out until they left. Then two days later, someone else would start mouthing off, so I'd tear them a new one. And it kept going and going, literally every day some new guy had another bat-sh!t insane conspiracy theory or video or this or that. It didn't matter if I'd already pounded one guy into cyber dust, two more would take his place. So eventually I stopped posting on FB groups and called it quits (sure I felt a little good about myself after I counter-trolled people out of the group, but what did it matter if two more would come in the next day? I wasn't getting paid for this and the groups admin hadn't replied nor had he done a **** thing since I'd been there) so I left and never really looked back.

Then there was Youtube. It was a similar kind of thing, but I'd learnt so much at this point I would just mock every troll I came across since I could no longer take their arguments seriously because of how weak they were (one guy used a really weak hadith, like so weak I didn't even recognise it...one google search later showed me how weak it really was...). But again, as with facebook the same problem, just on a much grander and dumber scale (the stuff I'd read and heard...you would just scratch your head in confusion) - more people, more anonymity and more bull-crap to sift through.

Then finally I had a few more discussions on this forum until I basically stopped posting altogether (I think that was almost a full year ago). I'd seen every single argument, from nonsensical to down-right stupid and beyond and I was finally done with it all. I'd finally learnt that the people who were making these outlandish statements were trolls and nothing more and as such simply don't deserve my time nor my energy. I didn't mind learning and reading about Islam, but as far as debates and even discussions go, I was done.

It's funny really, the Quran itself warns us about these people. I guess we just need to take heed of it's advice a little more. Scratch that, a lot more.

glo
08-01-2012, 08:29 PM
^
Great post, brother aamirsaab!

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 04:18 PM
At last, one documentary that doesn't split hairs...

I know, it really blows the whole Syrian episode into fresh waters. About time.

Scimi

BadOlPuttyTat
08-02-2012, 04:51 PM
For example, they will arm up the shill with a list of sites that abrogate verses of the Quran and hadeeth, and also, they teach these shills that they can use weak and fabricated hadeeth to confuse Muslims and create doubt in their hearts... and that most Muslims won't even know if the hadeeth quoted is sahih or not.

Funny you mention this because I noticed it. On anti Islamic sites and pages when they would quote the Quran i realized quite a bit of it didn't match up or they actually fused to different section of it together to make a new sentence. I am not even a Muslim but the polar opposite and even I have picked up on this. Most of these people are "Christians" (lets not start a war with them). But they have a reputation for lying on anything and everything including their own Bible.
There is saying that circulates amongst Christians. You will notice that when times comes for your death that you will notice that the greatest majority of people in Hell will be Christians. No offense to them but they do not follow their own morals nor dogma, a main reason I left :hmm:

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
^ Avatar is gonna make bro 'Abd-al Latif do a facepalm :D (sorry for offtopic) http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...l-trouble.html

Scimi

User29123
08-04-2012, 12:28 AM
There are a lot of these kind of videos, I once saw a person getting beat up, some **** went and put "Look what Muslims do!" when it never had anything to do with Muslims for example take this video of the last years London (England) riots, had nothing to do with Muslims or Blacks (It was Ramadan) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iCcejX1rxk

L
ook at the title! Just people being stupid..

Crimson
08-05-2012, 01:19 PM
What we also need to focus on is Muslims spreading false information and calling each other "kafirs" first. If all the Muslims work together then all this Anti-Islam propaganda will be much easier to take down.

Jedi_Mindset
08-05-2012, 02:22 PM
When we should dfend against the attacks from the outside, we should be aware of the attacks form the inside either;

''"Walla ya ikhwa sometimes you feel very sad that the muslims are asleep they dont realise whats going on around them. Brothers and sisters theres a great conspiracy against islam , there is a conspiracy against the religion , there are attempts by the enemy of Allah (freemasons/illuminati ) to make you follow a water downed religion and theyre spending lots of money and lots of efforts for that purpose, and theyre not gonna do it by their own people theyre gonna use muslims to do it for them theyre gona use the fifth collumn to do it for them- almunaiqoun ( hypocrites) to do it for them and some of these munafiqeen can be men of knowledge so you have to be very awear…you dont have to learn this from the media or go to these conspiracy books it is right there in the Quran , look at the worse statements you can find by the enemies of Allah quoted in the media- the worse they can say ..and then remember when Allah says "Qad badat albaqbqah min afwahihum wa ma tukhfe sudourihum" (translation) "Hatred has appeared from their mouths but what their hearts conceal is greater" all of these statements are the tip of the iceberg , you havent seen anything , believe it when Allah says in the Quran "wa in kaan makrahum tazoola minhu aljibaal" "they are plotting against you and their plotting is sufficient it can move mountains out thier place" The plotting is so bad "Makur illayl wa alnahar" (transation) Plotting of day and night" so were gona have to wake up"''

- sheikh Anwar Al-awlaki(Ra)

AT 51 minutes and 17 seconds he says this

this was also the reason why they assasinated him, he made muslims aware of their plans and to take action.

True-blue
08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crimson
What we also need to focus on is Muslims spreading false information and calling each other "kafirs" first. If all the Muslims work together then all this Anti-Islam propaganda will be much easier to take down.
السلام عليكم

Well said!!! <3

Scimitar
08-05-2012, 06:02 PM
That doesn't happen on this forum... thank Allah

As you were gentlemen, and ladies :)

Scimi

Crimson
08-05-2012, 06:30 PM
That doesn't happen on this forum... thank Allah

As you were gentlemen, and ladies :)

Scimi
Good to know :)

User29123
08-05-2012, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crimson
Then in that case you better start with Anjem Choudary....

Serendipity
08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. [9:32]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!