/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please clarify urgently

anonymous
07-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Salaam,

Just a few quick questions which need to be clarified insha'Allah..
1) with regards to tahajudd, I have been performing it about half 2, sometimes earlier, would these be consider as 'the last third of the night'.. I thought this would be okay in terms of timing but I have been led t think otherwise...
The problem that I am expeirancing, is that in my local town, several timetables have been issued determining the end of sehri so it becomes difficult to determine exactly when I should pray... In order to avoid closing my fast too late, I have followed the earliest time time table... Hence I have started tahajudd very early

This leads me to my next question..

2) when is the latest we are allowed to eat... Is it until the beginning of fajr (which I initially thought) or 20 mins before the start if fajr?

3) I have delayed my witr prayer and read it before I start tahajudd or should I pray the nafl salad of tahajudd first and then witr?

Forgive me for any errors in the next and for my ignorance.. I just want to ensure that I am following the right rules and obligations of fasting.

Lastly, is there any du'a for illness that anyone would kindly like to share please.
Jazaka'allah khair for taking your time to read this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-02-2012, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam,

Just a few quick questions which need to be clarified insha'Allah..
1) with regards to tahajudd, I have been performing it about half 2, sometimes earlier, would these be consider as 'the last third of the night'.. I thought this would be okay in terms of timing but I have been led t think otherwise...
The problem that I am expeirancing, is that in my local town, several timetables have been issued determining the end of sehri so it becomes difficult to determine exactly when I should pray... In order to avoid closing my fast too late, I have followed the earliest time time table... Hence I have started tahajudd very early

This leads me to my next question..

2) when is the latest we are allowed to eat... Is it until the beginning of fajr (which I initially thought) or 20 mins before the start if fajr?

3) I have delayed my witr prayer and read it before I start tahajudd or should I pray the nafl salad of tahajudd first and then witr?

Forgive me for any errors in the next and for my ignorance.. I just want to ensure that I am following the right rules and obligations of fasting.

Lastly, is there any du'a for illness that anyone would kindly like to share please.
Jazaka'allah khair for taking your time to read this

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Jazakallahu khayr for your question.

1) Just follow the timetable of a local Masjid you trust. The differences in timings are minor and trivial and do not concern us or effect the validity of our fasts in anyway. Once you have done this then you can pray Tahajjud accordingly. Pray it an hour or half an hour before the end of Suhoor. Also make good use of the time just before Fajr begins to make Dua.

2) Just stop eating in accordance with the end of Suhoor times stated in the Masjid timetable of the Masjid you follow.

3) It is better to pray Witr last, so pray Tahajjud first and then Witr but there is no harm in doing the opposite as long as the witr is prayed before Fajr begins.

Regarding a Dua for illness:

Ayesha (R.A.) stated that when anyone among them had an illness, Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) used to rub the area of the pain reciting the following dua:

أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي لَا شِفَاءَ إِلَّا شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءٌ لَا يُغَادِرُ سَقَمَاً

"O Lord of the people, remove this pain and cure it, You are the one who cures and there is no one besides You who can cure, grant such a cure that no illness remains".

"Ayesha (R.A.) stated that when Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was ill, he used to recite the four Quls, blow on his hands and pass them over on the back and front. He also recited these surahs, blew on his hands and passed them over his body during his fatal illness". (Bukhari, Muslim)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!