/* */

PDA

View Full Version : praying with a spouse

areen
08-02-2012, 07:33 AM
I am a revert (4 years ago), and even though I have learned so much, I am also not as familiar with many things in Islam. I also just got married, so this is new to me. I know it is best for women to pray in their homes, but what about praying with their husbands? My husband is not able to attend congregation prayers at the masjid because it is too far away, but we do try to attend on Fridays. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-02-2012, 02:38 PM
:sl:

I often perform salah at home with my wife and my kids. I become imam, of course.

:)

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Waiting for the day I can say something similar insha-Allah :)

Scimi

Adil
08-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Assalamu aleikum Sister
Ramadan mubarak

Its shouldn't be a problem,Allah knows your situation and doesn't want to make it hard for you,so inshallah its ok to pray at home,you will still get reward for praying in congregation at home with your husband even not will not be as much as praying in the mosque;as myself I'm in a quite similar situation: my dad is working at night and my local mosque is very far by public transports so me and my brother are not able to pray Taraweeh and I do feel a bad for that,so I'm leading and doing the prayers at home with my brother and sister.

Waleikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Hadith no: 803
Narrated / Authority of: Anas
“The Messenger of Allah (saw) entered upon us and the only people present were myself, my mother, the orphan and Umm Haram, my maternal aunt. He said: ‘Stand up and I will lead you in prayer.’ It was not the time for a (prescribed) prayer. And he led us in prayer.” (Sahih)

Hadith no: 804
that he and the Messenger of Allah (saw) and his mother, and his maternal aunt (were together). The Messenger of Allah (saw) prayed, and he told Anas to stand on his right and his mother and maternal aunt behind them. (Sahih)

Hadith no: 805
Narrated / Authority of: Ibn Abbas
“I prayed beside the Prophet (saw) and Aishah (ra) was behind us praying with us, and I was beside the Prophet (saw) praying with him.” (Sahih)

Hadith no: 806
“The Messenger of Allah (saw) led me and a woman from my family in prayer. He made me to stand on his right and the woman to stand behind us.” (Sahih)

Sunan An-Nasai

Book of The Book of Leading the Prayer (Al-Imamah)

------------------------------------------------------------------

i have also read similar in sahih muslim

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
08-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I think that is a very important question actually, considering that masjids are not around the corner, and in big cities it can be very difficult to attend all of the prayers at the masjid. I advise to speak to your local sheikh too of course and get an answer from him, but here's a good place to start :)

"It is reported by Imam Abu Da'ud that the Prophet -peace be upon him- said, "Whoever wakes up during the night and also awakens his wife and then both of them pray together two rak'ah prayer, their names will be written among 'those men and women who remembered Allah most' (referring to surah al-Ahzab 33:35)."

Question:

When husband leads wife (alone) in Salaah, where does wife stand? Also....if husband and wife are making Salah at home....is it better for them to make Jama'ah or pray alone?

Answer:

Walaikum assalam,

It is best for her to stand completely behind her husband, though it is valid, according to the relied upon opinion, as long as his heel is in front of hers. [Radd al-Muhtar]

It is not disliked for a man to pray in congregation with his wife alone. In fact, the basic reward of praying in congregation is attained in this way. It is better, for the man, to pray in congregation with his wife than alone if he misses congregational prayer in the mosque. [Radd al-Muhtar]
This is very useful for people whose work schedule makes them miss maghrib or isha in the mosque; they should make arrangements with their spouses to pray together.

However, the fuqaha caution that this would be blameworthy to make a habit without excuse, as it is expected of Muslim men that they pray at the mosque.
Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) related that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said,

“If people knew what [reward] there is in the call to prayer and the first row, and then they found no way but to draw ots [to attain them], they would have drawn lots. And if they knew what [reward] there is in being early, they would have raced each other to it. And if they knew what [reward] there is in the night prayer [isha] and dawn prayer, they would come to it, even if crawling.” [Bukhari 580, and elsewhere]
And Allah knows best.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1035&CATE=4
Here is more about Husband leading his wife in prayer : http://islamqa.info/en/ref/2034

- cOsMiC

TrueStranger
08-03-2012, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:sl:

I often perform salah at home with my wife and my kids. I become imam, of course.

:)

Masha'Allah, you remind me of my dad. We do the same thing, even for taraweeh. It's specially wonderful when all my siblings come home, that means nine siblings ( my younger siblings pretend to pray ;D) and their two parents are praying together under the same roof.

O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded. 66:6

kingkong
08-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Praying with the wife, do you stand side by side with her, or slightly in front?

shab
08-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Assalamu alaikum..yes you can pray at home with your husband, its more rewarding than praying alone. There is also an app available to help with the pronunciation of all the salah's called Pray With Me, available at iTunes.

sky2000
08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
yes,you can pray with your spouse.
And learn those things which disturb prayers and if you come across,try to overcome them..
Prayer is a direct contact with ALLAH...During prayer focus the mid that ALLAH is watching you and hearing you.

ardianto
08-10-2012, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kingkong
Praying with the wife, do you stand side by side with her, or slightly in front?
Not side by side, but still follow the rule. Man at front row, woman at back row.

muslimah bird
08-11-2012, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Not side by side, but still follow the rule. Man at front row, woman at back row.
Right. Its men at front row and women at the back row

shab
08-11-2012, 10:56 AM
yes..the man/men in front.

sohail1234
03-26-2013, 05:57 AM
assalam o alikum
it is allowed in islam to offer prayer at your house if the Mosque is not near to your house. it is valid for a woman to stand behind his husband while offering prayer. because husband is mehrum, so she can offer prayer behind him
but keep this thing in your mind that women are not allowed to offer prayer in front of na mehrum...

ardianto
03-26-2013, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sohail1234
but keep this thing in your mind that women are not allowed to offer prayer in front of na mehrum...
I'm sure that those women already know it because whenever I perform salah in masjid, those women always perform salah behind me, not in front of me.

:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!