/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lesson we can learn from Issa AS - Sheikh Habib Ali al Jifri

Scimitar
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Sheikh Habib Ali al Jifri is a Syed with amazing knowledge, this man is takes an effect on my heart when he speaks.

This amazing lecture was delivered in a church, and the even was sponsored by Radical Middle Way. Event held in the UK.

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
InToTheRain
05-18-2015, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
this man is takes an effect on my heart when he speaks.
:salam:

Mine too :)

Link to an image when he was younger :wub: :
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-48506...06138_48506628

Jaabir Ibn Samurah, may Allaah be pleased with him, also narrated: "I saw the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, on a brightly moonlit night wearing a red garment. Then I started looking at him and at the moon. And for me, he was more beautiful than the moon." [At-Tirmithi and Ad-Daarimi]

Eric H
05-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you brother Scimitar;

I watched all the one hour and twenty three minutes, and there was nothing that I could really disagree with. When we search for God, we find forgiveness, mercy and caring for all God's creation, including those perceived as second class citizens, and those who are different to ourselves. They could have held the talks in the mosque across the road, but found greater meaning, by holding them in a church.

He gave some interesting stories, Omar walking into Jerusalem, whilst his servant rode in on the donkey. Declining the invitation to pray in the Holy Sepulchre, by saying, if I pray here, then later generations of Muslims may well want to build a mosques in this place in honour of me. They may not understand the need for neighbourly coexistence.

The advice given to a Muslim woman, who felt inferior in the mosque, he said become an Islamic scholar, we need women to give the answer.

The man whose son was murdered, talked about mercy and forgiveness over justice.

Thank you for sharing, and I would recommend both Muslims and non Muslims to watch the video.

Blessings and peace be with you

Eric

Scimitar
05-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Peace be with you brother Eric :) Always a pleasure to read you. I think it's worth noting here that Shaikh Habib joined the ACW (A Common Word) initiative and the Amman Message which promotes a better understanding between followers of both faiths, Islam and Christianity :)

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!