/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When a family member dies

ummibby
08-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I'm not exactly a new muslim but it is a revert related question that I am desperately seeking answers to.

A very close family member died recently and this has led me to question absolutely everything, especially my faith.

Are Christianity and Islam compatible?

Will we be reunited in the afterlife if we follow either faith?

All my family is Christian and they are finding comfort in their faith but I feel like I can find none in mine because my relative was Christian.

Please help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I am sorry for your loss. It is exceptionally difficult to accept or reconcile a loss when someone we love dearly departs and we're not sure where their destination is in the afterlife. It has happened to all of us here when we lost a dear member (snakelegs) .. we are never resolute so we makeup different scenarios in our head to heal our wounds and try to learn to live with the loss.
Truth is no one knows where they're going- we're hopeful in Allah swt's grace and mercy .. certainly not through our deeds, fast or prayers. But our sincerity.
Perhaps after an appropriate period of grief has elapsed you can re-visit the reasons you became a Muslim in the first place. It is always good to challenge ourselves, to rediscover our passion for God and commitment to our faith..

AbdurRahman.
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM
you can feel sorry for your deceased relative and offer condolences to other relatives. Is there a chance that your deceased christian relative could yet be saved and be reunited with you? in the hereafter; it all depends on wether or not they got a clear message of Islam while they were alive;

however as us muslims only judge people on the apperant [and leave the inner-selves to Allah [swt], this is why we do not pray for the deceased non-muslims for as far as we know, they died as desbelievers

hope this helps

salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!