/* */

PDA

View Full Version : street beggars

adeel123
08-03-2012, 01:10 AM
salaam brothers and sisters, I am from England and new to this forum.

I came across a person next to my work place in manchester, he was a muslim and asking for money to put petrol in his car which was parked 1 mile away next to a hospital. He was saying his daughter had a realy bad ear infection, he had to take her to hospital and then he said he has to go back to bradford which is another town in the UK, but has no money for petrol to go back to bradford, he came to manchester to borrow some money from a friend but his friend did not turn up and was saying his wife and daughter were in the car near the hospital. He was swearing on Allah's name that he is telling the truth. I did not know whether to believe him or not but I still gave £10 to him because he was swearing on Allah's name, this was a day before ramadan was going to start and also said he will give my money back after coming back from bradford he will come to my work place to drop the money off but he did not turn up. After giving £10 he went, then another muslim brother told me he is always begging on streets I felt abit gutted. Then two weeks later i saw him on the streets again he just said hello to me and walked off. I am not that concerned about the money because I gave it just to help a muslim brother and Allah will reward you, but how are you supposed to know they are telling the truth or not, their story mite be true or false? If I did'nt give the money to the person and he suffered I would have felt guilty but now I know he is a con and would not give money to him again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
User29123
08-03-2012, 02:27 AM
You don't get to know if he is telling truth, but now that you have done it and he asked for money next time he asks tell him to get lost. There are loads of these people which do these scams, they will do anything whether swear on their mothers, fathers, Gods name etc.

Scimitar
08-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Assalaam Alaikum

Welcome to Islamicboard.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!