/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women working

anonymous
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Salaam all,

Is it permissible for a women to work if she feels her husband's wage isnt sufficient enough?
I am currently working and it is in a mixed environment however i do cover up and wear a hijab and do not mingle with anyone i just get on with the work and go home.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-06-2012, 05:49 PM
:wa:

You know best your environment so no one here can judge that for you nor should they really, otherwise there's nothing wrong with a woman working and helping her husband out I believe the money she uses to spend on the household is considered charity at that stage.. wallah A3lam..

fi aman illah

Hamza Asadullah
08-06-2012, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam all,

Is it permissible for a women to work if she feels her husband's wage isnt sufficient enough?
I am currently working and it is in a mixed environment however i do cover up and wear a hijab and do not mingle with anyone i just get on with the work and go home.
Asalaamu Alaikum, I think it depends on the circumstances. If she does not have to work because her husbands wage is sufficient or she has male relatives to provide for her, then she should stay at home as women are emhpasised to in the Shariah especially as her first job is in home, taking care of household affairs and children etc. But a woman can also work if she is providing critical services to the community and in jobs where she is providing services directly to females and children etc as long as she remains within the boundaries of Shariah.

With regards to the fact that her husband's wage is not sufficient then I cannot speak for other countries but here in the Uk it can be very difficult to live on just one wage, therefore many women have to work in order to make ends meet. In such circumstances there is nothing wrong with a women working as long as she is not compelled to do so by her husband or anyone else but it is her own choice if she wishes to work and financially support the family because a womens wage from work remains hers and it is entirely her own choice what she wishes to do with it whereas a husbands wage is for the family and he has no choice in this matter as it is obligatory upon him to provide for his family. But she must keep within the boundaires of Shariah with regards to her going out to work and the environment she will work in.

Regarding the environment that a woman works in then where women work alongside men then it can be very difficult for them too limit gender interaction and avoid male banter and jokes alluding to sexual inuendo etc as well as even being harrassed by males colleagues and even be talked about in an inappropriate manner.

On top of that there may be many instances where a woman may have to closely liase with male clients and shake their hands etc and in some instances have to comprimise her hijaab and jilbaab in order to conform with the uniform etc.

Therefore a Muslim women should to try and find work in mainly female/children dominated environments or at least in an evironment where she will not have to work with, interact with or liase with too many males or alongside too many males or in a male dominated environment or anywhere she may have to comprimise her hijaab/jilbaab etc.

As long as she remains within the boundairies of Shariah regarding her going out of the home to work and the environment she works in and gender interaction then there is nothing wrong with her working.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!