/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to go to the Mosque

anonymous
08-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I know this is a horrible thing to say but with the most recent shooting in Wisconsin (a ex-army man with a 9/11 tattoo on his arm killed people at a Sikh temple, most likely because he thought they were Muslim http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/06/us/wis...html?hpt=hp_t1 ) it has only supported by fears of going to the local Mosque. I'm sorry but I do not want to be killed because some lunatic hates Muslims. Maybe I am paranoid... maybe so but I refuse to become a statistic.

Not only that but the Mosque here was built in the worst part of town...basically where all the thugs are..why, I don't know. That alone would make me want to steer clear of that area, which I never go to anyway unless it's to the Mosque. I had never even been in the area before until there was a mosque built there.

advice please... isnt there a place in the Quran that says people are not punished for things if those things could endanger them??

Examples: You can eat pork if you are starving and there's nothing else around, you do not use water to cleanse yourself or prayer if the water is dirty/will kill you....etc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I know this is a horrible thing to say but with the most recent shooting in Wisconsin (a ex-army man with a 9/11 tattoo on his arm killed people at a Sikh temple, most likely because he thought they were Muslim http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/06/us/wis...html?hpt=hp_t1 ) it has only supported by fears of going to the local Mosque. I'm sorry but I do not want to be killed because some lunatic hates Muslims. Maybe I am paranoid... maybe so but I refuse to become a statistic.

Not only that but the Mosque here was built in the worst part of town...basically where all the thugs are..why, I don't know. That alone would make me want to steer clear of that area, which I never go to anyway unless it's to the Mosque. I had never even been in the area before until there was a mosque built there.

advice please... isnt there a place in the Quran that says people are not punished for things if those things could endanger them??

Examples: You can eat pork if you are starving and there's nothing else around, you do not use water to cleanse yourself or prayer if the water is dirty/will kill you....etc
Asalaamu Alaikum, firstly these are very rare cases. Secondly it was only by the will of Allah that the man went into a Sikh Gurwara and not a Masjid to kill worshippers. Thirdly our destiny regarding our deaths is ONLY in the hands of Allah not a lone gunman. It maybe that we can die whilst sitting on our computers typing away right now. I know of people who have died in many different kinds of situations. This lady come off a plane and forgot something so she went back to get it and died on the spot. This brother from my local area died not long ago 16 years old walking home and fell face first dead. Some die in car accidents. Some have died whilst playing football, whilst delivering lectures, whilst sleeping etc. The fact is that we can die at ANY situation at ANY time. It does not have to be any particular place and it certainly does not have to be in our old age.

Therefore it matters not where we are as we will all die whenever we are destined to die, where ever that maybe. So there is nothing to worry about at all, as such paranoid thinking is completely irrational. If that were the case then you should NEVER drive as you are FAR more likely to have a car accident and die than to be killed in a masjid.

One thing is for sure that if i were to die then i would rather die in the house of Allah.

Scimitar
08-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Fear only Allah.

Scimi

Muhaba
08-11-2012, 10:47 AM
it is true that you shouldn't be afraid to go to a mosque simply because some lunatic might come there and start shooting. but it is also true that you shouldn't endanger yourself by going to an unsafe area. I suggest you find a different masjid which is in a safe place, even if it's far from you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
08-11-2012, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
it is true that you shouldn't be afraid to go to a mosque simply because some lunatic might come there and start shooting. but it is also true that you shouldn't endanger yourself by going to an unsafe area. I suggest you find a different masjid which is in a safe place, even if it's far from you.
:sl:

He has not indicated that it is unsafe for him to go to his local Masjid but that he is just paranoid in general due to the recent events.

Muhaba
08-11-2012, 02:04 PM
he wrote:

anonymous
08-14-2012, 04:01 PM
I can clean and decorate a room in my house with Islamic things and call it a mosque right? jk..

Ill figure it out!

Thanks for the answers!

Perseveranze
08-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

What will staying at home do? I think you're forgetting something important;

"Wherever ye are, death will find you out, even if ye are in towers built up strong and high!" [Qur'an 4:78]

Live your life, and fear only Allah(swt), when your time comes it will come. It has already been written.

Hamza Asadullah
08-15-2012, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I can clean and decorate a room in my house with Islamic things and call it a mosque right? jk..

Ill figure it out!

Thanks for the answers!
Brother i think you should not stay at home as you are far more likely to get robbed and killed at home than you are in a Masjid. You should not even step out of your house as you are far more likely to be killed on the streets than you are in a Masjid. You should not even drive as you are far more likely to get killed whilst driving than you are at the Masjid.

So my brother your paranoid thinking is just not rational. Never fear other people as they have no power over you unless Allah wills. ONLY fear Allah and Know that ONLY Allah decides how and where you will die regardless . So prepare for death by doing the best you can in order to please Allah and know that the best of places is the house of Allah so NEVER let anything especially not waswas (insinuating whispers of shaythan)keep you away from it and the worst of places are the market, shopping malls and high streets.

Those of us who will keep away from the Masjid will be like like sheep more vulnerable to attack from the wolf (shaythan) whereas we are more safe in a herd.

May Allah make us not fear ANYTHING but him. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!