/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The fasting agnostic

Valerio
08-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Salam everyone, fast introduction..

I'm 17 I currently live in Sweden but have turkish ancestry, I want to cleanse my mind because I'ts too much going on right now..

I have been a muslim as far as I can remember but during my early teen years I saw videos on youtube that made me doubt. I have never been an atheist but agnostic I remain today.. Yes I'm still fasting and have done for around 5 years now

My greatest accomplishment as a muslim was to convert someone to islam.

But today I lack in faith myself and I wonder what keeps u believing in Allah?

I dont know how I will thank the one that helps me find the right answer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-bint
08-08-2012, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Valerio
Salam everyone, fast introduction..

I'm 17 I currently live in Sweden but have turkish ancestry, I want to cleanse my mind because I'ts too much going on right now..

I have been a muslim as far as I can remember but during my early teen years I saw videos on youtube that made me doubt. I have never been an atheist but agnostic I remain today.. Yes I'm still fasting and have done for around 5 years now

My greatest accomplishment as a muslim was to convert someone to islam.

I dont know how I will thank the one that helps me find the right answer.
:sl:

what kind of doubts do you have with regards to Islam being the truth? I ask this question so that people can answer accordingly...

As for me, I think if one is intellectually convinced that Islam is the truth, it plays a big part in keeping one on faith...

Valerio
08-09-2012, 07:26 PM
What makes me doubt is that thousands of religions claim they are right... Now that leaves the question does any god exist at all?

Sumaiya54
08-09-2012, 08:30 PM
What keeps me believing in Allah SWT? Well, think about space exploration. Scientists have figured out that space is this huge, vast, place, and we are just a tiny piece of the universe, not even mattering in the whole sceme of things. How are we the civilization we are today if we are just this little spec? How are we alive if we are just this little spec? This is what keeps me believing in God.

Secondly, if you look at all of the religions, you will find they all have something unique about them. like, Christians believe that Jesus PBUH is God, Hindus believe in reincarnation, Buddhists believe in rebirth, Jews believe there is going to be a Messiah, and so and on and so on. But Islam is the only religion that just has one God.
And while the other stuff is important, the most important is Allah SWT and to worship him!! Nothing else!!
Plus, all of the Miracles of the Quran...
http://islamiclearningmaterials.com/miracles-of-the-quran/

I
feel like it is undeniable, and of course I understand that might not be enough for you, and I am sorry about that :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aprender
08-09-2012, 11:01 PM
What makes me doubt is that thousands of religions claim they are right... Now that leaves the question does any god exist at all?
Instead of just being intellectually lazy and just taking what "other people say" about other religions, why don't you sit down, pull out the books, and research other religions? It took me 4 years to do this. Since I was a Christian, I spoke with pastors, read the work of Christian scholars before I left Christianity and read a few versions of the Bible for myself before I made a final decision.

It's quite clear what's true and what's not once you sit down and do the work for yourself instead of believing the twisted lies and manipulations from disgruntled, sad humans. Look at it for yourself. Go out and talk to people from other religions. I even talked to ex-Muslims before I converted to Islam and none of them had a good reason why they left Islam. Not one. Even from the outside looking in they were being outright ridiculous. The most honest answer I got from a few of them was that they honestly just lost faith in God all together. What I found more alarming was that even as a non-Muslim I knew more about Islam than they did as ex-Muslims and that's just one of the problems. When you don't know your religion, doesn't matter what religion you are, you make yourself vulnerable and it makes it too easy for people to deceive you about your faith.

Scimitar
08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
One word for you Valerio...

Study.

salaam.

~Zaria~
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
May the words of your Creator, be able to penetrate your heart this Ramadaan.
Ameen.

Surah Mulk: 67th Chapter of the Holy Quraan.

Very beautiful surah, recitation and video.

67:29.Say: 'He is the Lord of Mercy; We believe in Him; We put our Trust in Him
You will come to know (in time) who is in obvious error.'

shab
08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Salaams.. if you have lost faith and love towards your deen than start praying (salat). This is the key to life, happiness and being a rounded person in general.. it gives stability. Be consistent in your salat, never leave it. It is one of the first things you will be asked.The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his progeny) said: “The first thing that Allah made obligatory upon my Ummah was the five prayers; and the first thing from their acts of worship that shall be taken up will be the five prayers; and the first thing that they will be questioned about will be the five prayers.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!