/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is the World silent about Burma?

Hamza Asadullah
08-08-2012, 12:52 AM
Why is the World silent about Burma?

How long will the world pretend they are not aware of the atrocities in Burma? How long will the Muslim leaders keep quite waiting for others to make the first move? Why are they silent? What is stopping them from speaking out about their brothers and sisters in trouble ? Shame on them!

What about Suu Kyi the Burmese Nobel prize winning "human rights activist" who is more concerned about not upsetting her political allies in her country who are against the Rohigya Muslim minority than actually speaking out about human rights abuses going on in her own country. What an utter hypocrite.

These atrocities are nothing more than ethnic cleansing, reminiscent of the ethic cleansing and modern day Holocaust that occurred in Bosnia. When the ethnic cleansing was taking place in Bosnia then the world was not informed for a long time as the media remained silent. Those who did know about it merely waited for someone to make the first move to get up and say that this is wrong .

It was only until tens of thousands died that the world were finally informed by the media and that is only after it became so know that the media could no longer ignore it. So why did the media wait so long until they had no choice but to report it? Why did the media not give any coverage to the modern day Holocaust which was taking place for so long when they knew what was going on?

The media is so quick to report any incident they can use to try and defamers Islam and Muslims such as stonings in a Muslim country or honour killing etc. But when it comes to a silent atrocity such as Muslims being killed, tortured and raped then they would purposely delay reporting it until it becomes so know that they cannot ignore it anymore and in the meantime as many Muslims as possible will be killed.

Exactly the same thing is happening in Burma. The media know what's going on but because Muslims are being killed then they are purposely delaying reporting it to the world for as long as possible as they do not want the world to find out and people to stand up and say enough is enough until it is too late or until tens of thousands of Muslims have been killed. This is surely because those who control the much of the world's media are the enemies of Islam.

Is it also a coincidence that just recently there have been efforts to strengthen the relationship between the West and Burma and there have also been visits by the American Government to Burma and soon after Burma started killing Muslims starting a campaign of ethnic cleansing. Burma already has a terrible record of human rights abuses and they should not be allowed to continue with these terrible atrocities.

What can we do about this? We should all stand up for humanity both Muslims and non Muslims alike and make sure such atrocities are stopped at once. We must not allow Burma to continue shedding the blood of innocent people. We should stand, protest, make as many people as possible aware, send letters and e mail to local and national government and ensure that we do everything possible to highlight the plight of the innocent people in Burma and put a stop to this modern day Holocaust.

Let us also donate generously to our brothers and sisters in desperate trouble. Imagine if we were in their place then would we not require help and assistance? Since we are in a position to give financial help to them then let us do so as much as we can .

Remember we will NEVER lose out by giving charity for the pleasure of Allah but that Allah will give us more in return and at the same time we will gain his pleasure.

Our donations will provide everything they need to assist them as much as possible through their plight.

Ummah Welfare in a UK Muslim charity that are committed to a 100 % donation policy with nothing going to administration costs

Ummah Welfare trust Burma Crisis Appeal

http://www.uwt.org/site/appeal.asp?id=757
In the USA:

Islamic Relief USA is a very reputable Muslim charity in the USA and they are fundraising for the humanitarian crisis in Mynamar (Burma):

http://www.irusa.org/emergencies/mya...tarian-crisis/

If you are not from the UK OR USA then give what you can to your local, regional or national charity who are raising money for the people of Burma.

Let us make sincere dua's for our brothers and sisters going through oppression in Burma and all throughout the world. May Allah assist them. Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
08-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Good charity cause, Hamza Asadullah!

As I understand the attacks started originally against several groups which are denied citizenship in Burma (not only Muslims), but the aggression has since focused on the Muslim Rohingya population.

"The rights group accused both security forces and ethnic Rakhine Buddhists of carrying out fresh attacks against Rohingyas, who are regarded as foreigners by the ethnic majority and denied citizenship by the government because it considers them illegal settlers from neighbouring Bangladesh.

After a series of isolated killings starting in late May, bloody skirmishes spread quickly across much of Burma's coastal Rakhine state.

The government declared a state of emergency on 10 June, deploying troops to quell the unrest and protect both mosques and monasteries. Authorities said at least 78 people had been killed and thousands of homes of both Buddhists and Muslims either burned down or destroyed.

Since then, communal violence has continued, albeit at reduced intensity. Amnesty said attacks were now being directed mostly at the Rohingya population."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...olence-amnesty

Amnesty International has been fighting for improved human rights in Burma for a long time.
http://www.amnesty.org/en/news/myanm...ing-2012-07-19

"Declaring a state of emergency is not a license to commit human rights violations"

Benjamin Zawacki, Amnesty International’s Myanmar Researcher.

Muslim Woman
08-08-2012, 06:00 AM
:sl:

link deleted as some photes are not from Mynmar. So , could create confusion and debate .

جوري
08-08-2012, 06:13 AM
^^ Jazaki Allah khyran for posting that up.. Kaffirs often play down ethnic cleansing as it is overtly their desire to see Muslims perish and it is fine and expected from them.. We need as Muslims to do something and the time is now- we should always be aware and pro active.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
08-08-2012, 12:07 PM

A participant told me all photoes are not from Mynmar.

And Allah Knows Best.

جوري
08-08-2012, 01:59 PM
If the member can provide you with those photos it would be good I've a ton as well but don't know how to do a mass upload of pictures and will be away for the last ten in shaa Allah.

Scimitar
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Making a video about the plight of the Rohingya Muslims in Burma, this is why I haven't been online as much... I'll be sure to include the UWT link in the video.

Insha-Allah, I will finish it within the week, and then link back here.

Scimi

User29123
08-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Muslims fault all these oil rich arabs and Muslim news channels can speak about it but they won't...

ardianto
08-08-2012, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Muslims fault all these oil rich arabs and Muslim news channels can speak about it but they won't...
People and government in Muslim countries are not silent. They still try to 'push' Myanmar government, but Muslims in the West do not know about it.

Good news: people in Indonesia and some other Muslim countries have collected and still collect donation for Rohingya.

Bad news: There's a problem to send those aid to Rohingya people. Myanmar govt prevent those aid entering their country. Bangladeshi govt prevent international aid for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh.

Believe it or not, Bangladeshi govt refused 33 million dollars of aid from UN for Rohingya and local Bangladeshi people. They also ordered three international organizations (Medicine San Frontiers (France), Action Against Hunger (UK), Muslim Aid (UK)) to stop help Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh. Bangladeshi govt afraid, those help/aid will make the Rohingya who still in Myanmar move to Bangladesh.

Scimitar
08-08-2012, 10:45 PM
21 hours ago, this thread was made... and only 10 responses (including this post)

The question isn't "why is the world silent about Burma?"

the question is:
"WHY ARE THE MUSLIMS SILENT ABOUT BURMA?

WE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF OURSELVES... SPEAK UP. BRING SOLUTIONS. STORM IDEAS... WE ARE NOT A NATION OF INVALIDS... WE ARE MUSLIMS.

A very angry Scimi

KDhieb
08-08-2012, 11:13 PM
I am ashamed to have not even been aware of this.

I will keep the people of Burma in my Dua's for the remainder of this holy month insha Allah.

Does anyone know of a charity in Dubai?

IslamicRevival
08-09-2012, 03:54 AM
Everyone is too engrossed in Dunya thus becoming heedless and blind to reality. The Muslims who have the means to speak out and help those in need remain silent whilst their masters (Western world) take them for a ride.

What a disaster and what disgraceful times we are living in.

~Zaria~
08-09-2012, 04:58 AM
“If this e-mail does not open, click here to view in your browser”.

TELEPHONE: +27 (0) 36 3521557 OR +27 (0) 36 3521553
FAX: +27 (0) 36 3524114
Email: queries@alimdaad.com - Website: www.alimdaad.com
24 HOUR CALL CENTRE 0861786243 0861786AID

GENOCIDE IN BURMA

Recent clashes in Arakan (Myanmar/Burma) has left more than 1,000 Muslims dead and over 90,000 Muslims have been forced out of their homes and villages since the violence began in June. Most of the Arakanese fleeing the violence are seeking refuge in camps in neighbouring Bangladesh. However, faced with unimaginably inhumane conditions at these camps Arakanese Muslims are losing hope. More than 300 Muslim villages, Musjids and Madrasahs were burned to the ground.
A large number of Muslims are currently jailed and are subjected to torture whilst thousands more are homeless and find themselves as the targets for security forces once the night falls. A serious humanitarian crisis is unfolding in the region as the violence continues and many more of our Muslim brothers, sisters and children are killed, raped, tortured and burnt alive.
Our Response:
The Al Imdaad Foundation in conjunction with its offices in Australia, UK and its implementing partners on the ground is responding to the cries of our Muslim brothers, sisters and children by providing essential food aid items such as rice and dry fish, temporary shelter, mosquito nets, health and female hygiene packs and water to the refugees. The foundation is currently negotiating for medium to long term assistance to the refugees and a detailed plan of action will be emailed shortly. Help us to assist in alleviating the pain of our oppresses Muslim brothers and sisters during this blessed month of Ramadaan.
NOT FOR SENSITIVE VIEWERS

DONT FORGET US!!!

Click here to listen to Cii’s interview on current situation in Burma (1)

Click here to listen to Cii’s interview on current situation in Burma (2)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR POSTER FOR MASJID BOARDS

CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR PROJECTS SUMMARY BOOKLET FOR 2011/2012

Banking Details:
First National Bank
Al-Imdaad Foundation
Branch: Estcourt (220325)
Reference: Zakaah, Lillah, Sadaqa, Burma, etc
Fax: 0363524114
Contact Details:
Al-Imdaad Foundation
P.O. Box 481, Estcourt, 3310, KZN, Republic of South Africa
Telephone: +27 (0) 36 3521557 OR +27 (0) 36 3521553
Fax: +27 (0) 36 3524114
Email: queries@alimdaad.com

Al Imdaad Foundation Striving to Serve Humanity

@alimdaad

youtube.com/alimdaad

Please remember our brothers and sisters in Burma, and across the world during these last 10 days of Ramadaan and at all times, insha Allah.

~Zaria~
08-09-2012, 05:04 AM
THE CURRENT STATE OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN BURMA

Muslims continue to be killed and raped in Arakan on a daily basis.

Masjids, houses and villages are being set on fire and destroyed.

Masjids and Madrasahs cannot be repaired without a government permit. To monitor compliance with the
regulation, Masjids and Madrasahs have to be photographed three times a year as a routine practice. If
unpermitted maintenance is spotted, those responsible are sentenced to between six months and six years in
prison plus a fine. No new Masjids or Madrasahs have been allowed to be built in the last 20 years.

A photograph featuring all family members has to be handed to government officials every year. Families are
required to pay taxes to the state for every child born and every family member that passes away.

Muslims have no freedom of travel. A Muslim has to get permission and pay tax to travel from one village to
another.

Muslims are forbidden from building their houses out of concrete; they have to make them from wood. The
houses are considered as state property and if they are burned down accidentally; owners are sentenced to prison
for as long as six years

To set up a business a Muslim has to establish partnership with Buddhist. In this partnership, the Buddhist partner
owns half of the business without investing any capital.

Muslims have to pay annual taxes for the livestock they own. Muslims cannot marry without a permit. A couple
wishing to get married has to pay a tax. Sometimes they are denied a permit even if they pay the tax.

Muslims are deprived of all public services. For instance, when they get sick they cannot go to state hospitals for
treatment. Muslims are not allowed into higher education institutions or to work in public sector jobs.

Muslims cannot own fixed line telephones, cellular phones or motor vehicles.

When Muslims are accused of a crime, they are not give the right to defence and are immediately imprisoned.

Muslims are subjected to curfew after nine o’clock at night and cannot visit their relatives or neighbours without
permission from the police.

Muslims have no right to citizenship. They carry white identification cards bearing the title “foreigner.” These
cards are only for identification purposes and do not entitle card holders to any rights.

Muslims are not issued passports. They are provided a document to cross into neighbouring Bangladesh and
sometimes they cannot return to their country because their documents are not accepted

Source: http://6net31.com/alimdaad/2012/imag...a.campaign.pdf

Scimitar
08-09-2012, 06:00 AM
I've been working on this day and night... but Alhamdulillah, it's looking good so far...

Here's a sneak preview (it's VERY short):

(yeah, I know, the Rohingya Muslims singing MJ's "They don't really care about us" (start of vid) in their native tongue was a nice touch... also, this doc will contain no music at all. So please, spread the finished version when it releases. I'll post the link here.

Comments, critique etc, welcome.

Insha-Allah, the finished version will force a few heads to take note of the situation and help create not only awareness - but force some decision makers to do something.

The format is a long-ish one, and I'm only making the video from my understanding, as best as I can. With a little help from the lambs. (you know who you are). Make dua thatwe are successful... and also, in the meantime - if you find some interesting and relevant info - please share it in this thread as Zaria has done above. I can draw on this info, and include relevant parts of it into the finished render insha-Allah.

Scimi

EDIT: oh yes - don't worry about the typos in the vid - they're sorted now... I'm to the 18th render lol (a little over 10 mins so far).

glo
08-09-2012, 06:08 AM
I am very, VERY impressed, Scimi!

It is factual and calmly presented.
I love the mix of interviews, reports and simple footage of the country and the people.
And yes, the song is beautiful too. Nice of you to explain that it is sung in the native language and what it means.

I think you are showing that it doesn't need gory pictures and hateful messages to catch people's attention and to raise the desire in people to get involved and make a difference!

Really, really well done!

How long are you planning for this documentary to be?

glo
08-09-2012, 06:13 AM
Muslim Aid also has a Burma Appeal:

Please consider one of the Burma appeals as your Ramadan charity.

Scimitar
08-09-2012, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I am very, VERY impressed, Scimi!

It is factual and calmly presented.
I love the mix of interviews, reports and simple footage of the country and the people.
And yes, the song is beautiful too. Nice of you to explain that it is sung in the native language and what it means.

I think you are showing that it doesn't need gory pictures and hateful messages to catch people's attention and to raise the desire in people to get involved and make a difference!

Really, really well done!

How long are you planning for this documentary to be?
Thank you sis, for the kind words... the gory images will come... but not before we calmly present the facts first, and with purpose. And in context. The last thing I want to do is make a video that gets teens with too many hormones and not enough sense to scream "jihaad" and then go and blow up a buddhist temple or something. I find that most of the vids uploaded on youtube are only there for two reasons: 1) shock value and 2) the hit counter... despicable.

No one has actually made a documented video about the Rohinghya. I made a video about the persecuted Christians and Muslims in Karen state of Burma last week, and that largely got ignored by the viewers... maybe because it was in mono (black and white)... but still, it was calmly presented, and that, never goes down well on youtube. People are blood thirsty maniacs these days.

I'm estimating the video will be about half an hour long. It could run shorter... but most likely it will run longer than that... the more I consider the format and what needs to be covered, the more I see gaps that need to be filled. It's hard work but some ones gotta do it :) It's now 7:23am and I'm just waiting for another render to finish. It takes me anything between a half an hour to 3 hours to edit just one minute of video... and doing the whole darned thing in adobe after effects... it's a bloody hard piece of kit to master, but it's worth the end product. it helps it to stand out amongst its' peers :)

Insha-Allah, this will be ace. Glo, thanks for the vote of confidence :) it really does help :)

Scimi

EDIT: thought you all might like to see this:

18 secret mercenary armies of the See Eye Eh... la li lu le lo

1. Ukrainian Partisans

From 1945 to 1952 the CIA trained and aerially supplied Ukranian partisan units which had originally been organised by he Germans to fight the Soviets during WWII. For seven years, the partisans, operating in the Carpathian Mountains, made sporadic attacks. Finally in 1952, a massive Soviet military force wiped them out.

2. Chinese Brigade in Burma

After the Communist victory in China, Nationalist Chinese soldiers fled into northern Burma. During the early 1950s, the CIA used these soldiers to create a 12,000 man brigade which made raids into Red China.

3. Guatemalan Rebel Army

After Guatemalan president Jacobo Arbenz legalised that country’s communist party and expropriated 400,000 acres of United Fruit banana plantations, the CIA decided to overthrow his government. Guatemalan rebels were trained in Honduras and backed up with a CIA air contingent of bombers and fighter planes. This army invaded Guatemala in 1954, promptly toppling Arbenz’s regine.

4. Sumatran Rebels

In an attempt to overthrow Indonesian president Sukarno in 1958, the CIA sent paramilitary experts and radio operators to the island of Sumatra to organise a revolt. With CIA air support, the rebel army attacked but was quickly defeated. The American government denied involvement even after a CIA b-26 was shot down and its CIA pilot, Allen Pope, was captured.

5. Khamba Horsemen

After the 1950 Chinese invasion of Tibet, the CIA began recruiting Khamba horsemen – fierce warriors who supported Tibet’s religious leader, the Dalai Lama – as they escaped into India in 1959. These Khambas were trained in modern warfare at Camp Hale, high in the rocky mountains near Leadville, Colorado. Transported back to Tibet by the CIA operated Air American, the Khambas organised an army number at its peak some 14,000. By the mid-1960s the Khambas had been abandoned by the CIA but they fought on alone until 1970.

6. Bay of Pigs Invasion Force

In 1960, CIA operatives recruited 1,500 Cuban refugees living in Miami and staged a surprise attack on Fidel Castro’s Cuba. Trained at a base in Guatemala, this small army – complete with an air force consisting of B-26 bombers – landed at the Bay of Pigs on April 19, 1961. The ill-conceived, poorly planned operation ended in disaster, since all but 150 men of the force were either killed or captured within three days.

7. L’armee Clandestine

In 1962, CIA agents recruited Meo tribesmen living in the mountains of Laos to fight as guerrillas against Communist Pathet Lao forces. Called l’armee Clandestine, this unit – paid, trained, and supplied by the CIA – grew into a 30,000 man force. By 1975 the Meos – who had numbers a quarter million in 1962 – had been reduced to 10,000 refugees fleeing into Thailand.

8. Nung Mercenaries

A Chinese hill people living in Vietname, the Nungs were hired and organised by the CIA as a mercenary force, during the Vietnam war. Fearsome and brutal fighters, the Nungs were employed throughout Vietnam and along the Ho Chi Minh Trail. The Nungs proved costly since they refused to fight unless constantly supplied with beer and prostitutes.

9. Peruvian Regiment

Unable to quell guerrilla forces in its eastern Amazonian provinces, Peru called on the US for help in the mid-1960s. The CIA responded by establishing a fortified camp in the area and hiring local Peruvians who were trained by Green Beret personnel on loan from the US army. After crushing the guerrillas, the elite unit was disbanded because of fears it might stage a coup against the government.

10. Congo Mercenary Force

In 1964, during the Congolese Civil War, the CIA established an army in the Congo to back pro-Western leaders Cyril Adoula and Joseph Mobutu. The CIA imported European mercenaries and Cuban pilots – exiles from Cuba – to pilot the CIA air force, composed of transports and B-26 Bombers.

11. The Cambodian Coup

For over 15 years, the CIA had tried various unsuccessful means of deposing Cambodia’s left-leaning Prince Norodom Sihanouk, including assassination attempts. However, in March, 1970, a CIA-backed coup finally did the job. Funded by US tax dollars, armed with US weapons, and trained by American Green Berets, anti-Sihanouk forces called Kampuchea Khmer Krom (KKK) overran the capital of Phnom Penh and took control of the government. With the blessing of the CIA and the Nixon administration, control of Cambodia was placed in the hands of Lon Nol, who would later distinguish himself by dispatching soldiers to butcher tens of thousands of civilians.

12. Kurd Rebels

During the early 1970s the CIA moved into eastern Iraq to organize and supply the Kurds of that area, who were rebelling against the pro-Soviet Iraqi government. The real purpose behind this action was to help the shah of Iran settle a border dispute with Iraq favourably. After an Iranian-Iraq settlement was reached, the CIA withdrew its support from the Kurds, who were then crushed by the Iraqi Army.

13. Angola Mercenary Force

In 1975, after years of bloody fighting and civil unrest in Angola, Portugal resolved to relinquish its hold on the last of its African colonies. The transition was to take place on November 11, with control of the country going to whichever political faction controlled the capital city of Luanda on that date. In the months preceding the change, three groups vied for power: the Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA), the National Front for the Liberation of Angola (FNLA) and the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA). By July 1975, the Marxist MPLA had ousted the moderate FNLA and UNITA from Luanda, so the CIA decided to intervene covertly. Over $30 million was spent on the Angolan operation, the bulk of the money going to buy arms and pay French and South African mercenaries, who aided the FNLA and UNITA in their fight. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, US officials categorically denied any involvement in the Angolan conflict. In the end, it was a fruitless military adventure, for the MPLA assumed power and controls Angola to this day.

14. Afghan Mujaheedin

Covert support for the groups fighting against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan began under President Jimmy Carter in 1979, and was stepped up during the administration of Ronald Reagan. The operation succeeded in its initial goal, as the Soviets were forced to begin withdrawing their forces in 1987. Unfortunately, once the Soviets left, the US essentially ignored Afghanistan as it collapsed into a five-year civil war followed by the rise of the ultra-fundamentalist Taliban. The Taliban provided a haven for Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda, the perpetrators of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001.

15. Salvadoran Death Squads

As far back as 1964, the CIA helped form ORDEN and ANSESAL, two paramilitary intelligence networks that developed into the Salvadoran death squads. The CIA trained ORDEN leaders in the use of automatic weapons and surveillance techniques, and placed several leaders on the CIA payroll. The CIA also provided detailed intelligence on Salvadoran individuals later murdered by the death squads. During the civil war in El Salvador from 1980 to 1992, the death squads were responsible for 40,000 killings. Even after a public outcry forced President Reagan to denounce the death squads in 1984, CIA support continued.

16. Nicaraguan Contras

On November 23, 1981, President Ronald Reagan signed a top secret National Security Directive authorising the CIA to spend $19 million to recruit and support the Contras, opponents of Nicaragua’s Sandinista government. In supporting the Contras, the CIA carried out several acts of sabotage without the Congressional intelligence committees giving consent – or even being informed beforehand. In response, Congress passed the Boland Amendment, prohibiting the CIA from providing aid to the Contras. Attempts to find alternate sources of funds led to the Iran-Contra scandal. It may also have led the CIA and the Contras to become actively involved in drug smuggling. In 1988, the Senate Subcommittee on Narcotics, Terrorism, and International Operations concluded that individuals in the Contra movement engaged in drug trafficking; that known drug traffickers provided assistance to the Contras; and that ‘there are some serious questions as to whether or not US officials involved in Central America failed to address the drug issue for fear of jeopardizing the war effort against Nicaragua’.

17. Haitian Coup

In 1988, the CIA attempted to intervene in Haiti’s elections with a ‘covert action program’ to undermine the campaign of the eventual winner, Jean-Bertrand Aristide. Three years later, Aristide was overthrown in a bloody coup that killed more than 4,000 civilians. Many of the leaders of the coup had been on the CIA payroll since the mid-1980s. For example, Emmanuel ‘Toto’ Constant, the head of FRAPH, a brutal gang of thugs known for murder, torture, and beatings, admitted to being a paid agent of the CIA. Similarly, the CIA-created Haitian National Intelligence Service (NIS), supposedly created to combat drugs, functioned during the coup as a ‘political intimidation and assassination squad.’ In 1994, an American force of 20,000 was sent to Haiti to allow Aristide to return. Ironically, even after this, the CIA continued working with FRAPH and the NIS. In 2004, Aristide was overthrown once again, with Aristide claiming that US forces had kidnapped him.

18. Venezuelan Coup Attempt

On April 11, 2002, Venezuelan military leaders attempted to overthrow the country’s democratically-elected left-wing president, Hugo Chavez. The coup collapsed after two days as hundreds of thousands of people took to the streets and as units of the military joined with the protestors. The administration of George W. Bush was the only democracy in the Western Hemisphere not to condemn the coup attempt. According to intelligence analyst Wayne Madsen, the CIA had actively organised the coup: ‘The CIA provided Special Operations Group personnel, headed by a lieutenant colonel on loan from the US Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to help organise the coup against Chavez.

...I'm wondering, what if the CIA engineered all this... it's possible. They hate Muslims in a way unimagined. Proof? Look at history... whatever the case is, this is still interesting - but not enough evidence to suggest they did - so not going into the doc.

TrueStranger
08-09-2012, 07:43 AM
You're doing a great job Scimitar!!! May Allah reward you! I am truly helpless and it's so sad that the world media (Western Media) only focus on the suffering of Muslims when it wants to further their own political and economic agendas. As Muslims we do not have a true representative and we are not politically organized. The worse part is that nationalism has divided us and created a barrier between us Muslims. May Allah erase these colonial borders that exist solely to divide our hearts and minds. I pray the people of Bangladesh will open their hearts and homes to their Muslim brothers. I know that they themselves are struggling, but helping an oppressed Muslim will only bring you closer to Allah and Jannah.

Brother Scimitar is there anyway of creating a video that appeals to the people of Bangladesh so they themselves could volunteer or demand their government to assist the Rohingya Muslim? Most government medias in the Muslim world are controlled, the internet is more free.

~Zaria~
08-09-2012, 09:43 AM
MashaAllah Akhee! : )

Excellent work!

I cant wait for the finished product - and to spread it amongst all my contacts insha Allah.

We often feel so helpless in situations like these.....sitting thousands of miles away, comfortably in our own little worlds - while there are SO many atrocities being carried out known and un-beknown to us.

This is a great example that we CAN do something!

If you have video editting skills/ own a blog or web-page......or FB/ Twitter/ any other social media.......or simply circulating such information to your friends and family via email and directly - then, every little action counts!
Unfortunately, I am completely hopeless with regards to video making/ web-creations : (.......and Iv just closed my FB account a few weeks ago (Alhamdulillah!)......but I have access to other groups, collegues etc - so, at the very least - I can make a small contribution here.

And if you are like me - so can you!

Not forgetting the many aid organisations that desperately need our funds to be able to reach out to our brothers and sisters, in ways that we cannot.
SubhanAllah.

Do hold back brothers and sisters.
Allah (subhanawataála) has blesssed us with soo many bounties - How are we going to account for them?

The prophet (sallahu alaihi wasalam) described the ummah as one body!

The Prophet (sallamu alaihi wasalam) has said, 'The example of the Believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy is like one body. If one limb is afflicted the whole body responds to it with restlessness and fever.' (Bukhari & Muslim)

Do we honestly feel like this for our brothers and sisters?
Something to ponder about...

:wa:

~Zaria~
08-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Bro Scimi, just a small suggestion (as you've asked : ) ) :

To make the video even more 'islamically-friendly' - I dont think theres need to use the visuals or voice of the un-hijaabed woman in the vid.
Her lines can be replaced by a male voice-over (with credits given to the relevant organisation).

Also, when all the visuals are finally put together, insha Allah try to ensure that:
- the dignities of the victims are maintained
- that our sisters, esp. are spared from being broad-casted in degrading scenes
- that only what is most necessary to adequately reflect the tragedies of Burma and get the message across is used (even if this means partly blocking out explicit visuals).

We have become so desensitized to the plight of humans (across the world).
We see the most horrific scenes on-line, in the news, etc - it enters our eyes and ears, but fails to penetrate our hearts.

Why cant we shed tears anymore when we see sufferings of others?
Why doesnt it motivate us anymore, to get off our couches - and have a burning desire to DO something?

Its because we have seen too much and often too soon (at younger and younger ages).
Our hearts have become hardened.

If you are constantly surrounded by death - it doesnt affect as much (ask those working in morgues/ hospitals).
And if you are constantly bombarded by horrific scenes, so too does it deaden the heart.
The media is aware of this.....and hence it doesnt really care how much explicit material is fed to us anymore. They know that not many are going to be deeply and profoundly affected anyway.

Also, importantly - at the end of the day, you must be completely satisfied with the end product - from all points of view.
Ask yourself:
- Is there anything therein that is displeasing to my Rabb?
- If my nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasalam) was here today to see it - would he be offended?
- Is there anything that contradicts the commands of Allah (subhanawataála)?

If you can answer 'no' to all these questions - Alhamdulillah.
There is nothing more important than gaining the pleasure of our Allah (subhanawataála)......even more important than creating awareness to the situation in Burma.
And, when anything is under-taken bearing this in mind, then we have the blessings of Allah Taa'la on our side.
What more can we ask for?

May Allah (subhanawataála) reward you abundantly for all your time and efforts spent on this cause akhee.
And may it be a means of alleviating the plight of our brother and sisters, by His will.
Ameen.

:wa:

Scimitar
08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Assalaam alaikum sis Zaria,

format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
To make the video even more 'islamically-friendly' - I dont think theres need to use the visuals or voice of the un-hijaabed woman in the vid.
Her lines can be replaced by a male voice-over (with credits given to the relevant organisation).
I considered this, when I was making the video and decided against it for two reasons. 1) it takes credibility away from the vid and 2) the video is not just aimed at a Muslim audience - but to all. Also, I am intending to send dvd copies of this video to relevant lobby groups.

I recall that when the first vid was made (about the Karen state in Burma) it hardly enjoyed a response here, and on WUP (wup has a membership of over 95% Muslim) as well as Ummah forum (yep, same thing there)... the bottom line is that Muslims are just talking the talk... but when I plugged it on non Muslim forums like VigilantCitizen, my inbox was receiving PM's from so many non-Muslims that it actually made me realise just how distant the Muslims have become from the Ummah as a whole... we - just - don't - care... and that, that is just (enter the facepalm).

I'm starting to believe that if anyone is gonna help - it's gonna be a non Muslim organisation... really I do. This is a call to action. We Need To Wake Up.

Also, when all the visuals are finally put together, insha Allah try to ensure that:
- the dignities of the victims are maintained
- that our sisters, esp. are spared from being broad-casted in degrading scenes
- that only what is most necessary to adequately reflect the tragedies of Burma and get the message across is used (even if this means partly blocking out explicit visuals).
Yes, this I am doing. I have found many disturbing scenes caught on camera and had to filter thru them in order to qualify the above which you have mentioned. Good call sis.

Jazak Allah for your post sister. Please keep the suggestions rolling and continue to post any info you brothers and sisters (Muslims and non Muslim) find which may be of benefit to this production.

Scimi

ardianto
08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Photos from Myanmar.

http://arrahmah.com/read/2012/06/18/...-rohingya.html

Muslim Woman
08-09-2012, 03:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Believe it or not, Bangladeshi govt refused 33 million dollars of aid from UN for Rohingya and local Bangladeshi people. .

To my knowledge , condition was to accept all the refugees. Bangladesh Govt. stated clearly that -Bangladesh is already over-burdened with some 400,000 refugees.

As a Muslim , I don't support our Govt . position but I wonder why all pressure are on BD Govt ? Its unfortunate that no pressure is on Mynmar Govt. to take back their citizens.

Jedi_Mindset
08-09-2012, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

To my knowledge , condition was to accept all the refugees. Bangladesh Govt. stated clearly that -Bangladesh is already over-burdened with some 400,000 refugees.

As a Muslim , I don't support our Govt . position but I wonder why all pressure are on BD Govt ? Its unfortunate that no pressure is on Mynmar Govt. to take back their citizens.
Bangladesh can easily handle the refugees, but no they send them back towards the same people who are killing them. Bangladesh needs to stand up and help them, which most likely it wont, the people of bangladesh must pressure their government. I myself think this is a bit of planned since both myanmar and bangladesh get orders from the US.

Dont just focus on myanmar itself, its bangladesh who is BETRAYING the ummah, not myanmar because their government is kufar. And unbelievers are the enemy of Allah. But bangladesh a muslim government, that doesnt accept the refugees? we are talking about our own fellow brothers and sisters here.

The UN with their fake help wont help anyone, just like in syria, palestine, iraq and so on.

ardianto
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

People are trying to press Myanmar govt too. But before the Rohingya refugees can back to Myanmar, it's better if Bangladeshi govt allow international people to help those refugees.

Muslim Woman
08-09-2012, 04:25 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
.. its bangladesh who is BETRAYING the ummah, .

how come a poor country like Bangladesh will carry out the duty years after years and rich Muslim countries are not giving Rohingas any shelter in their own land ?????

Do u know any Muslim country who asked BD Govt. to send Rohingas to their country ? If BD is betraying the Ummah . so are the other Muslim countries.

Scimitar
08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
33million US dollars will only serve to house the Rohingya (an estimated 400,000) in refugee camps, for a little over a month - that's it... so naturally the Bangladesh govt. will refuse such a measly amount of money from the UN... the UN itself has avoided the issue by refusing to set up refugee camps in its' host nations... that itself is a sign for men of women of perception.

Realise this, the UN only offered the 33mil in order to claim that they did try to do something... they managed to scapegoat themselves out of this issue, simply because the area of concern for the UN's host nations is to ensure that trade between China, India and Burma continue to be strengthened, despite the atrocities committed there...

You know what grinds my gears? No onewho has uploaded vids on youtube about this, understands the separate agendas at work. I feel kinda alone in that...

Scimi

ardianto
08-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Is it a good sign?

This photo was taken in Baw Du Pha refugees camp in Sittwe, Rakhine, Myanmar, August 1. But I don't know who is this Arab man.

TrueStranger
08-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Muslim woman, we can not speak of wealth when the safety of the Muslims is in danger. The Bangladesh government is not the only one that is responsible and you are right. We are facing great challenges as Muslims. UNHCR Statistics revealed that in 2010 70% of refugees around the world were Muslims. Today that number probably increased since more Muslim nations are in chaos. We are a community that holds itself accountable for the misfortunes of every Muslim on earth. Unfortunately, today we do not have a political body that represents and protects the rights and dignity of Muslims around the world.

http://www.ihrc.org.uk/activities/al...rld-are-muslim

Scimitar
08-10-2012, 06:45 AM
Update:

They say that the killings went viral when a Muslim Rohinghya boy raped an Arakan Buddhist girl back in June this year (the Buddhists, and their lying media)... I have debunked that... Allahu Akbar.

We got a great case here guys... Allah is with us. HIS promise is true. Truth prevails.

Insha-Allah, the video will be completed by mid week next week. I'm so tempted to upload the 23rd render but no, I'll wait til it's completed :)

Scimi

ardianto
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Today a small group that lead by Mr.Muhammad Jusuf Kalla (former Indonesian vice president) from Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) has meet Myanmar president U Thein Sein. Tomorrow (August 11) they will go to Sitwee, Rakhine.

Included in this small group are: Mr.Hamid Awaluddin (former negotiator in Indonesian govt-Aceh separatist conflict), Mr.S Sumarsono (Indonesian ambassador for Myanmar), Mr. Atta Al-Mannan (assistant of secretary general of Organization of Islamic Conference), Mr.Mohamed Ghanim Al-Maadheed (president of Qatar Red Crescent).

After visit Rakhine, Mr.Jusuf Kalla and two officers from PMI will stay in Myanmar to observe situation and aid distribution.

---------

Few days ago Myanmar parliament sent a protest letter to Head of Indonesian parliament, Marzuki Alie, and explained that "there's no genocide toward Rohingya". This letter is a reply of Marzuki Alie's letter to Myanmar parliament which Alie wrote "massacre toward Muslims in Myanmar is genocide".

Scimitar
08-10-2012, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Today a small group that lead by Mr.Muhammad Jusuf Kalla (former Indonesian vice president) from Indonesian Red Cross (PMI) has meet Myanmar president U Thein Sein. Tomorrow (August 11) they will go to Sitwee, Rakhine.

Included in this small group are: Mr.Hamid Awaluddin (former negotiator in Indonesian govt-Aceh separatist conflict), Mr.S Sumarsono (Indonesian ambassador for Myanmar), Mr. Atta Al-Mannan (assistant of secretary general of Organization of Islamic Conference), Mr.Mohamed Ghanim Al-Maadheed (president of Qatar Red Crescent).

After visit Rakhine, Mr.Jusuf Kalla and two officers from PMI will stay in Myanmar to observe situation and aid distribution.

---------

Few days ago Myanmar parliament sent a protest letter to Head of Indonesian parliament, Marzuki Alie, and explained that "there's no genocide toward Rohingya". This letter is a reply of Marzuki Alie's letter to Myanmar parliament which Alie wrote "massacre toward Muslims in Myanmar is genocide".
JEDDAH: NADEEM AL-HAMID
Friday 10 August 2012

The tragic situation in Syria, and the crisis in Myanmar caused by the persecution of the Muslim Rohingya people of the Arakan region will figure prominently in the extraordinary Islamic summit to be held in Makkah on August 14-15, Secretary-General of the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu has announced.

“All preparations and arrangements have been completed for the grand event to be held in the last days of the holy month of Ramadan,” he told Arab News in an exclusive interview.

Ihsanoglu added that the summit would also consider the Palestinian cause and the Al-Quds (Jerusalem) issues, which were the two main factors behind the establishment of the OIC in 1969.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has called for the convening of an Islamic solidarity summit to be held in Makkah on 26-27th of Ramadan to discuss various issues facing the Ummah and further augment cohesion and solidarity in the Muslim world.
According to Ihsanoglu, meetings of senior officials and foreign ministries of the Islamic countries will precede the summit to finalize the agenda to be considered by the leaders.

He said the summit would consider all issues of concern to the Islamic world and hoped that the summit would be of great success, especially since it was being held during the last days of Ramadan coinciding with Lailat Al-Qadr, when the Qur’an was revealed.

“The Islamic leaders have a historic responsibility to make the Makkah summit a success, so as to ensure the Islamic world with security and stability,” he said.
Ihsanoglu said the summit has combined the sanctity of both place and time, and added that it was being held at a crucial juncture for the Islamic world, which had been anxiously awaiting King Abdullah to come out with such an initiative.

Following is the text of the interview:How do you consider the importance of the summit called for by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to be held in Makkah and what do you expect from it?

The call made by King Abdullah to hold this extraordinary Islamic summit during these blessed days could not be timelier. Muslims had been expecting the King to make a move such as this in view of the gravity of the situation in the Muslim world. I do not think that there is any leader, other than King Abdullah, to whom all other Islamic leaders are in unanimous agreement. Nobody can doubt that by his very personality, integrity and honorable history, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques is a symbol for Islam and Muslims. Through many other initiatives, the king has proved that he was always above differences and rifts.

The summit is being convened at a time the Ummah is aspiring for the closure of its ranks. For this reason, we expect the summit to make decisions that will heal the rifts among Muslim countries. King Abdullah had called for the third extraordinary Islamic summit in 2005 while he was Crown Prince. That was a sincere, and at the same time, an innovative call. The King’s call for this extraordinary summit is also sincere in the intention of bringing the Ummah together. The Muslim leaders will assemble around the Holy Kaaba to take their responsibilities toward their people in front of Almighty Allah.

What are the issues to be discussed by the summit according to their importance and priorities for the Islamic world?

The summit will be preceded by a meeting at the level of foreign ministers, and another one at the level of senior officials. I strongly believe that the convening of the summit during the Holy month of Ramadan, coinciding with Lailat Al-Qadr, will be a good omen for the Ummah. The leaders should shoulder their historic responsibilities toward their people and Ummah. There are pressing matters that should be discussed. There are grave issues on which urgent decisions are required. Appropriate decisions should be taken to face this perilous situation. A new vision to face the disintegration of the Muslim world must be crystallized. The leaders should agree on a plan to stop the bloodshed and the killing of innocent people. We must make a decision that will protect the Syrian people. The situation in Syria will be very much present at the summit, and it will be at the top of the agenda. The situation in Syria is developing every day, and when the summit is convened, it has to consider the latest developments and undertake decisions that will stop the bloodbath and protect Syria and the region from the hazards of civil war and the spread of violence. There are other important matters in front of the summit — persecution, repression and violence against the Muslim Rohingyas in Myanmar. The Muslim nation has a duty toward the Burmese Muslims of the Arakan region. Racial and religious liquidations are going on in Myanmar. We are making great efforts at the level of the organization, but the issue has to be treated at the level of the summit. No doubt that Palestine and Al-Quds, which led to the creation of the OIC, would prominently figure in the summit.

What do you expect the summit to do regarding the tragic situations in Syria and Myanmar? Are there any serious and decisive resolutions to be issued by the summit on these two issues?

Since the incidents started in March 2011, the world community and the international will were divided. The regime was unable to achieve security and stability. Kofi Annan’s six-point plan failed and he had to resign. The UN monitors could do nothing of value. There is a grave deficit in the world order. The situation requires agreement between the five international powers that are divided among Western and Eastern blocks as we can see now. The cold war has resurfaced through the Syrian gate. This war is between Russia and China on one hand and America and the West on the other. The present situation will be settled either by mutual agreements on the ground or by the ongoing war which will culminate in bringing down the regime. Another option is that the regime will make sacrifices at the last moment in the favor of the country and the people. The regime may finally realize that it is the leaders who make sacrifices for their people not vice versa.

The leaders of the Ummah have a great responsibility in protecting the Syrian people. The summit has to come out with a strong political resolution that will end the crisis in Syria and stop the bloodshed.

Regarding the situation in Myanmar, we called for a meeting of the executive committee in Jeddah on Aug. 5. The meeting was successive and it made recommendations which will be forwarded to the summit by the senior officials and the foreign ministers. I am sure that the Muslim leaders will spare no efforts to find a solution to the predicament of the Rohingya Muslims in Arakan.

http://www.arabnews.com/syria-myanmar-palestine-under-spotlight

I can't wait to see what the outcome of this meeting is insha-Allah.

Scimi

Jedi_Mindset
08-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Insha'Allah

Hope it will have value, although we need to have a sharp eye knowing who these rulers are, but Allah is the best of planners, hopefully it will end up well. The saudi king even invited President of Iran, iran which is quite a enemy of the house of saud, so the meeting is very important i think.

Hope the leaders will realize that the enemy is not each other but the pesky entity which is occupying the lands of as-shaam (israel) and the US.

glo
08-10-2012, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I find that most of the vids uploaded on youtube are only there for two reasons: 1) shock value and 2) the hit counter... despicable.
No one has actually made a documented video about the Rohinghya. I made a video about the persecuted Christians and Muslims in Karen state of Burma last week, and that largely got ignored by the viewers... maybe because it was in mono (black and white)... but still, it was calmly presented, and that, never goes down well on youtube. People are blood thirsty maniacs these days.
I agree that some people love the blood thirst and gory stuff. And nothing gets left to the imagination ... :hmm:

I would love to see your video about the persecuted Christians and Muslims in Karen state of Burma, if you could PM me a youtube link.

I'm estimating the video will be about half an hour long. It could run shorter... but most likely it will run longer than that... the more I consider the format and what needs to be covered, the more I see gaps that need to be filled.
Would there be another way of making it public - other than just youtube?

Scimitar
08-10-2012, 09:43 PM

This is the one I made last week sis :)

I can upload to other sites but youtube remains by far the most popular... however, everyone can do their bit. Liking and sharing the vids on Facebook and Twitter, plugging the video links on other website forums which discuss these topics is also a very good way to spread the awareness... and also, raising the issues on talk radio shows and phone in sessions in your localities is also another avenue of exploration.

We have to try as many avenues of approach as we can - we never know when some one important, a key decision maker, may be watching.

Scimi

TrueStranger
08-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Turkey Holds Talks With Myanmar On Rohingya Muslims.... The other Muslim nations should follow

A Turkish delegation led by Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Thursday held talks with Myanmar leaders on boosting bilateral relations as well as the plight of Rohingya Muslims in that South Asian country.

The delegation that includes Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's spouse and daughter, several Deputies and bureaucrats was received by President Thein Sein who expressed pleasure over Turkey opening an Embassy in his country. He told the delegation that Myanmar would also open an Embassy in Ankara as soon as possible, Turkish media reported.

Davutoglu met with his Myanmar counterpart Wunna Maung Lwin in capital Naypyidaw during which he said his visit had been the first high-level one from Turkey to Myanmar. Davutoglu is also scheduled to meet Opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi.

Davutoglu later told reporters that they arrived in Myanmar to boost bilateral relations and to visit Arakan where the Rohingya Muslims faced large scale violence from extremist Buddhists. "We would like to carry on with both of our aims," he said.

Davutoglu said Myanmar granting entry to the delegation reflected Turkey's influence in the international field. "Myanmar did not do the same for any other countries. Our Ambassador worked hard," the reports quoted him as saying.

He said Myanmar was allowing only the United Nations and its staff to get into the Arakan region. A state of emergency has been declared in Arakan province following clashes between Buddhists and Muslims, and troops deployed to restore peace.

Replying to questions on his Myanmar trip, Davutoglu said it was the first high-level visit between Turkey and Myanmar. He added that they could see Myanmar's government opening up to the world step by step.

Davutoglu also said he had asked the Turkish Ambassador to Myanmar to find out the graves of the 1,500 Turkish soldiers who were taken to Myanmar from Çanakkale and Egypt during World War I and were killed there. "I am following very closely the graveyard issue. We are greatly indebted to those soldiers," he said adding he had written to the envoy regarding the martyrs' graveyard.

Davutoglu said the Ambassador had also been directed to make contacts with the Muslims in Arakan for giving them aid brought by the delegation. "At the moment our first aim is to set up good relationships with the government in Myanmar, then distribute humanitarian aid."

Davutoglu said what the Western world could do for the Rohingya Muslims was limited and said that Turkey would ask Indonesia to cooperate with it regarding the Rohingya Muslims under the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).

Meanwhile, the Turkish Prime Ministry's Disaster and Emergency Management Directorate (AFAD) said it had raised TL 2.1 million ($1.175 million) in aid for Myanmar Muslims, who were facing violence and discrimination.

by RTT Staff Writer

http://www.rttnews.com/1944954/turke...emap&pageNum=1

Muslim Woman
08-11-2012, 04:14 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Ummah Welfare trust are committed to a 100 percent donation policy with nothing going to administration costs::

here is another address.

Burma Massacre

Donate to http://www.justgiving.com/burmamassacre (Please note aid agencies have not yet entered the core zones of Rohingya, however are working in surrounding areas to provide food and necessities for those who have escaped, they are empty handed so please dig deep)

Muslim Woman
08-11-2012, 04:49 PM

I hope , some org will do something to put pressure on Mynmar Govt. as they are keeping pressure on BD Govt.

Dear friends,

The persecuted Rohingya Muslims in western Burma are under attack, and neighboring Bangladesh is denying aid to the fleeing refugees. In the spirit of Ramadan, the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) must help Bangladesh offer urgent refugee relief!

The Rohingya, a persecuted Muslim community in western Burma, are under attack, with untold numbers killed by vigilantes and security forces. Tens of thousands have now fled to neighboring Bangladesh, but the government there is blocking aid -- if we act together now, we can pressure Bangladesh to reverse course and offer Ramadan relief to those in need.

International relief charities were coming to the aid of Rohingya refugees, but now the Bangladeshi government is shutting them down, saying the refugees aren’t Bangladesh's responsibility. Without this aid, the refugees, many of them children, are at grave risk of disease and starvation. But the important Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) could push Bangladesh to reverse the aid ban and rescue the Rohingya.

Next week all 57 OIC member countries, including Bangladesh, are meeting in Saudi Arabia for an emergency summit to address the crisis. OIC Chief Ekmeleddin İhsanoğlu will urge Bangladesh to show mercy and compassion towards Rohingya refugees and could offer financial backing, but he needs a strong show of public support to make Bangladesh heed his call. Sign the urgent petition now and share with everyone you know - it will be delivered directly to the OIC meetings next week when we reach 50,000 signers:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/ramadan_just...LZFiab&v=17051

Hamza Asadullah
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Watch the lies and pure evil coming from the cold hearted western puppet Bangladeshi Prime Minister - Shame on her and other silence Muslim leaders:

Jedi_Mindset
08-12-2012, 05:06 PM
People like her make my ADHD come up fast, not good during ramadhan. ''Not my responsibility'' gah, who hires her? the zionists?

obviously puppet, but who isnt in the muslim world, all have took the kufar as allies. I am even seriously doubting the regimes overthrown.

Scimitar
08-12-2012, 05:07 PM
WHOA HAMZA... WHOA...

Downloaded... this is going in the doc.

thanks bro.

Scimi

~Zaria~
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
^ Incredible! : (

Scimitar
08-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Gosh... she speaks in the third person when she refers to what Bangladesh has done with the Rohingya... instead of saying "we" she says "them"... she takes no responsibilty for her actions... absolute scapegoat.

This is just...
^ Incredible! : (
exactly...

Scimi

Hamza Asadullah
08-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Where are the Muslims? Our brothers and sisters in Burma and being slaughtered!

What can we do?

Almighty Allah says: "The Believers are but a single Brotherhood." [Al-Hujurat 49:10]

The Prophet (Salallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

They do not do injustice to others nor do they tolerate any injustice to themselves. In their love and concern for each other, all members of this Brotherhood are one body: when any part of the body suffers, the whole body feels the pain. [Sahih Muslim]

"A Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. He does not oppress him, nor does he leave him at the mercy of others." [Sahih Muslim].

So let us not leave our brothers and sisters in the time they need us the most. They are a part of us like we are a part of them for we are one body and they are in much pain therefore everyone one of us should also be in PAIN!

So let us create as much awareness as possible of the plight of these people. We can do this by writing letters to local and national government, protesting, signing petitions, giving in charity and making much Dua.

Give what you can to our brothers and sisters in dire and desperate need

Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said "No wealth (of a servant of Allah) is decreased because of charity." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith No. 2247]

So let us give knowing that our wealth will NEVER decrease but that Allah will increase it:

Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) as saying that Allah, the Most Blessed and High, said: O son of Adam, I will spend on you. The right hand of Allah is full and overflowing and nothing would diminish it, by overspending day and night. [Sahih Muslim]

100% of donations will get to those who need it, not a penny towards administration costs:

Ummah Welfare Trust: Emergency Burma Appeal

Or if you are not from the Uk then give what you can to any charity whether locally or nationally who are raising money for the Rohingya Burmese.

Let us remember ALL of our brothers who are going through oppression and in our Dua's.

~Zaria~
08-12-2012, 05:53 PM
The contrast of a hypocrite:

Dhaka bans NGOs from helping Rohingya

Three foreign aid groups barred from helping refugees fleeing violence in Myanmar, saying their work encourages influx.

Bangladesh has ordered three international charities to stop providing aid to Rohingya refugees crossing the border from Myanmar where they have fled persecution and violence.

Local administrator Joynul Bari said on Thursday that France's Doctors without Borders (MSF), Action Against Hunger (ACF) and Britain's Muslim Aid UK have been told to suspend their services in the Cox's Bazaar district bordering Myanmar.

"The charities have been providing aid to tens of thousands of undocumented Rohingya refugees illegally. We asked them to stop all their projects in Cox's Bazaar following directive from the NGO Affairs Bureau," Bari told the AFP news agency.

Bari said the charities "were encouraging an influx of Rohingya refugees" from across the border in Myanmar's Rakhine state in the wake of recent sectarian violence that left at least 80 people killed.

The charities have provided healthcare, training, emergency food and drinking water to the refugees living in Cox's Bazaar since the early 1990s.

MSF runs a clinic near one of the Rohingya camp which provides services to 100,000 people.

Fleeing violence

Speaking a Bengali dialect similar to one in southeast Bangladesh, the Rohingyas are Muslims seen as illegal immigrants by the Buddhist-majority Myanmar government and many Burmese.

They are viewed by the United Nations as one of the world's most persecuted minorities.

Obaidur Rahman, country head of Muslim Aid UK in Bangladesh, confirmed to AFP that his group had stopped its Rohingya project following the order.

The government says some 300,000 Rohingya Muslims are living in the country, the vast majority in Cox's Bazaar, after fleeing persecution in Myanmar. About 30,000 are registered refugees who live in two camps run by the United Nations.

In recent weeks, Bangladesh has turned away boats carrying hundreds of Rohingya fleeing the violence in Myanmar despite pressure from the United States and rights groups to grant them refuge.

Myanmar security forces opened fire on Rohingya Muslims, committed rape and stood by as rival mobs attacked each other during the recent wave of sectarian violence, New York-based Human Rights Watch said Wednesday.

The authorities failed to protect both Muslims and Buddhists and then "unleashed a campaign of violence and mass roundups against the Rohingya", the group said in a report.

Watch video on: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia-p...524058965.html

Scimitar
08-12-2012, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Where are the Muslims? Our brothers and sisters in Burma and being slaughtered!

Bro Hamza - the footage of the burning people is an old video from Africa - where the locals found 5 black magic practitioners, and decided to burn them... this is not the rohingya people.

Just type in "5 people burned for being accused of black magic in africa" and see what turns up.

Scimi

Hamza Asadullah
08-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Bro Hamza - the footage of the burning people is an old video from Africa - where the locals found 5 black magic practitioners, and decided to burn them... this is not the rohingya people.

Just type in "5 people burned for being accused of black magic in africa" and see what turns up.

Scimi

Yes there is a note at the beginning of a similar video saying that although the footage is not directly from Burma, it is exactly the same as what is happening in Burma right now.

Scimitar
08-12-2012, 06:37 PM
I think they make a bad point by using videos that are not relative to the situation - but only pseudo-relative... doesn't work for me.

Presenting the facts with evidence is what will help to make the case stronger. This is why I am being careful with what I use in the video, and so far - the case put forward contains info that is indisputable...

I've stopped working on it because it's the last ten now, but come Eid, it's back on... I really want to complete this ASAP to be honest, but you are right bro Hamza, last ten days are paramount.

Scimi

Jedi_Mindset
08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
JEDDAH: NADEEM AL-HAMID
Friday 10 August 2012

The tragic situation in Syria, and the crisis in Myanmar caused by the persecution of the Muslim Rohingya people of the Arakan region will figure prominently in the extraordinary Islamic summit to be held in Makkah on August 14-15, Secretary-General of the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu has announced.

“All preparations and arrangements have been completed for the grand event to be held in the last days of the holy month of Ramadan,” he told Arab News in an exclusive interview.

Ihsanoglu added that the summit would also consider the Palestinian cause and the Al-Quds (Jerusalem) issues, which were the two main factors behind the establishment of the OIC in 1969.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has called for the convening of an Islamic solidarity summit to be held in Makkah on 26-27th of Ramadan to discuss various issues facing the Ummah and further augment cohesion and solidarity in the Muslim world.
According to Ihsanoglu, meetings of senior officials and foreign ministries of the Islamic countries will precede the summit to finalize the agenda to be considered by the leaders.

He said the summit would consider all issues of concern to the Islamic world and hoped that the summit would be of great success, especially since it was being held during the last days of Ramadan coinciding with Lailat Al-Qadr, when the Qur’an was revealed.

“The Islamic leaders have a historic responsibility to make the Makkah summit a success, so as to ensure the Islamic world with security and stability,” he said.
Ihsanoglu said the summit has combined the sanctity of both place and time, and added that it was being held at a crucial juncture for the Islamic world, which had been anxiously awaiting King Abdullah to come out with such an initiative.

Following is the text of the interview:How do you consider the importance of the summit called for by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to be held in Makkah and what do you expect from it?

The call made by King Abdullah to hold this extraordinary Islamic summit during these blessed days could not be timelier. Muslims had been expecting the King to make a move such as this in view of the gravity of the situation in the Muslim world. I do not think that there is any leader, other than King Abdullah, to whom all other Islamic leaders are in unanimous agreement. Nobody can doubt that by his very personality, integrity and honorable history, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques is a symbol for Islam and Muslims. Through many other initiatives, the king has proved that he was always above differences and rifts.

The summit is being convened at a time the Ummah is aspiring for the closure of its ranks. For this reason, we expect the summit to make decisions that will heal the rifts among Muslim countries. King Abdullah had called for the third extraordinary Islamic summit in 2005 while he was Crown Prince. That was a sincere, and at the same time, an innovative call. The King’s call for this extraordinary summit is also sincere in the intention of bringing the Ummah together. The Muslim leaders will assemble around the Holy Kaaba to take their responsibilities toward their people in front of Almighty Allah.

What are the issues to be discussed by the summit according to their importance and priorities for the Islamic world?

The summit will be preceded by a meeting at the level of foreign ministers, and another one at the level of senior officials. I strongly believe that the convening of the summit during the Holy month of Ramadan, coinciding with Lailat Al-Qadr, will be a good omen for the Ummah. The leaders should shoulder their historic responsibilities toward their people and Ummah. There are pressing matters that should be discussed. There are grave issues on which urgent decisions are required. Appropriate decisions should be taken to face this perilous situation. A new vision to face the disintegration of the Muslim world must be crystallized. The leaders should agree on a plan to stop the bloodshed and the killing of innocent people. We must make a decision that will protect the Syrian people. The situation in Syria will be very much present at the summit, and it will be at the top of the agenda. The situation in Syria is developing every day, and when the summit is convened, it has to consider the latest developments and undertake decisions that will stop the bloodbath and protect Syria and the region from the hazards of civil war and the spread of violence. There are other important matters in front of the summit — persecution, repression and violence against the Muslim Rohingyas in Myanmar. The Muslim nation has a duty toward the Burmese Muslims of the Arakan region. Racial and religious liquidations are going on in Myanmar. We are making great efforts at the level of the organization, but the issue has to be treated at the level of the summit. No doubt that Palestine and Al-Quds, which led to the creation of the OIC, would prominently figure in the summit.

What do you expect the summit to do regarding the tragic situations in Syria and Myanmar? Are there any serious and decisive resolutions to be issued by the summit on these two issues?

Since the incidents started in March 2011, the world community and the international will were divided. The regime was unable to achieve security and stability. Kofi Annan’s six-point plan failed and he had to resign. The UN monitors could do nothing of value. There is a grave deficit in the world order. The situation requires agreement between the five international powers that are divided among Western and Eastern blocks as we can see now. The cold war has resurfaced through the Syrian gate. This war is between Russia and China on one hand and America and the West on the other. The present situation will be settled either by mutual agreements on the ground or by the ongoing war which will culminate in bringing down the regime. Another option is that the regime will make sacrifices at the last moment in the favor of the country and the people. The regime may finally realize that it is the leaders who make sacrifices for their people not vice versa.

The leaders of the Ummah have a great responsibility in protecting the Syrian people. The summit has to come out with a strong political resolution that will end the crisis in Syria and stop the bloodshed.

Regarding the situation in Myanmar, we called for a meeting of the executive committee in Jeddah on Aug. 5. The meeting was successive and it made recommendations which will be forwarded to the summit by the senior officials and the foreign ministers. I am sure that the Muslim leaders will spare no efforts to find a solution to the predicament of the Rohingya Muslims in Arakan.

http://www.arabnews.com/syria-myanmar-palestine-under-spotlight

I can't wait to see what the outcome of this meeting is insha-Allah.

Scimi
Well, the meeting was today, and i dont think there is a solution right now, from what i know, they only suspended syria from the group.

But we will see.

Scimitar
08-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Well, yes, you are right Bro Ridhwan...

Hot off the press. I was surprised to read this:

With all due respect to the leaders of the Muslim world,
sedition is not unavoidable destiny

ABDUL RAHMAN BIN HAMAD AL-SAEED
Tuesday 14 August 2012

First and foremost, we should thank Almighty Allah for enabling you to gather around His Sacred House during these blessed Ramadan nights. We hope that Allah will help you better serve your nations.

Leaders of the Muslim World:

We do not need to remind you that you are meeting at a turning point in the history of your nations. It is a moment in which sedition, with all its evils and tragedies, is protruding and all elements of success have been ensured for it. We do not want to hold you responsible for the emergence of sedition. Many of us, the citizens, are equally to blame for intentionally or unintentionally rekindling its fires. The result, however, is the same. Is it too late for such a talk? Has the train of sedition already started its journey or is there still an area for hope? To be honest with you we do not know but pray to Allah that there is still time for the wise and the benevolent to do what pleases Allah and what can preserve lives, souls and blood.

I will not take a long time in explaining the causes of sedition or its manifestations. I will not also indulge in futile talk about who was responsible for it. Such talk may only increase its flames. However, we want to tell you that the Ummah will judge you by the results of your meeting and can know where it is going. Instead of talking too much about sedition, its causes and consequences, we want to tell you that the reasons for optimism have not yet completely ended. Look at the world around you. It has forgotten its sectarian and racial differences and started a fabulous race towards wider horizons in which the scientific and civilization achievements synchronize with the spirit of tolerance and coexistence. Why do we go too far in this talk while there are actually among you brothers leading delegations of countries such as Turkey and Malaysia which are now role models for the values of dialogue, tolerance and sincere work. We are not dreaming when we say hope is not completely lost.
We are not a peculiar nation as some people claim. Our problem is that some amongst us were not able to successfully confront the extremists and the propagators of sedition so we became too close to a state in which we might lose everything and which may make us regress decades of years.

I hope that I am not going to the extreme when I say the development gap between us and the other nations of the world is greatly widening but not to our favor.

It may suffice to remember that every 15 seconds a child dies of thirst, lack of nutrition and lack of proper medical and sanitary services. Unfortunately most of these children are Muslims!! What will then be the case if we allow or participate in the spread of sedition? We will have more of the thirst, the hunger and backwardness. Who will then be responsible? It is definitely all of us (peoples and leaders). We will be responsible in front of God and history. There are no exceptions.

Leaders of the Muslim world:

We pray to Allah to inspire you with a way out of your predicament and guide your steps towards the welfare of your nation. Please allow me to present these simple proposals to you:

Firstly: All the leaders participating in the summit should sign a strong pledge to void sedition, foil the cropping up of differences and end extremism and fanaticism. They should also agree to silence all the voices and the forums which propagate sedition supplying with the required tools and resources.

Secondly: A group of wise personalities who are known for piety and rationale and who are acceptable to everyone should emanate from the summit to suggest ways and means of dealing with crises before they snowball and become difficult to resolve.

Thirdly: We are looking forward towards a unanimous decision that will end the state of boycott among some countries. The decision should make it a must of every country to attend the Islamic summit. There should be regular summits and not just extraordinary ones. Absence from the summits will make it more difficult for countries to promote understanding.

Leaders of the Muslim world:

Much was said about the source and origins of our problems which were attributed to the plots and machinations of others. This is not only an underestimation of the rationale of the wise men and the leaders of the Ummah but will make us believe that sedition is an unavoidable destiny which is a totally wrong notion. We are capable by the grace of Allah and your wisdom to overcome this serious juncture.

I have no doubt that history will record that Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz has absolved his conscience. He has exerted tremendous efforts and made a good choice of the time and place for this meeting. Allah may reward you for accepting the invitation to participate in the summit so as to take the Ummah to the shores of safety and security.

It is the right of every Muslim to ask if you are part of the problem or that the solution will be in your hands.

I strongly pray to Allah to make your gathering a complete success and to enable you to achieve the hopes and aspirations of your nations.

Abdul Rahman bin Hamad Al-Saeed

http://www.arabnews.com/all-due-respect-leaders-muslim-world-sedition-not-unavoidable-destiny-0

Now is the time for them to act... let's see if they can save face. Because, let's face it - that's all they really care about. Saving face.

Scimi

Muslim Woman
08-14-2012, 04:33 AM

Deleted the link as could be fake photo.

Scimitar
08-14-2012, 04:41 AM
It's not Burma sis... most of these pics we are seeing aren't... For example:

The pic we've all seen of the Buddhists in their maroon robes standing around hoardes of dead bodies? Remember it? Yes, we all do, how can we forget that sight...

Well, that photo was taken of the relief effort after the Tsunami. The Buddhists were gathering the bodies together, doing the jobs no one else was willing to do...

The bottom line is, A picture paints a thousand words - but it all depends on who is speaking.

Don't fall for the hype. I am believing no photo... I want HARD VIDEO EVIDENCE. Otherwise, I'm only fooling myself along with others - and I don't want that responsibility on my shoulders. Nuh uh.

The internet is a powerful weapon. Remember what started on facebook became a revolution in another country... this is dangerous stuff.

Scimi

Muslim Woman
08-14-2012, 04:46 AM

who are posting all these fake phtoes on net ? :heated:

Scimitar
08-14-2012, 04:56 AM
I have my ideas... remember the Shill Thread? That plays a big clue (for those who don't - all it takes is a paid agent, a misinformant - to distrubute these fakely attributed photos onto Muslim sites, and next thing you know -they go viral)... next, it's the Muslims who don't think - and just lap up anything they are shown.

You know, as an Ummah, we're really failing ourselves.

I, myself, feel like I have failed in those terms too. But admitting we have a problem is the first step to finding solutions.

It's no longer about who did what - it's about "what to do next?"

I don't see anyone providing solutions, all I see is people making the problem worse.

Scimi

Scimitar
08-14-2012, 11:27 AM
http://www.tibetancommunity.be/news/chinaquake.html

and, Is this really an image of a slaughter of Muslims by Buddhist monks?

http://www.skeptical-science.com/wp-...n1-300x216.jpg

or is it a pic of Buddhists doing the job no one else was willing to do? Gather up dead bodies after the Tsunami...

there's another one of a Buddhist monk with a pistol in his hand (a beretta)... and upon closer inspection, I found that it was photoshopped... I binned it, but shoulda kept it to show you.

Also, the Buddhist monks in Burma usually wear orange, not maroon. The Tibetan monks wear maroon.

Scimi

Hamza Asadullah
08-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Hundreds of Rohingya Forced to Flee As New Wave of Attacks Hit Region

Reports have been flooding in this afternoon of a new wave of attacks on Rohingya this afternoon leaving hundreds homeless and looking for shelter on foot during toreential monsoon rains whilst others were left dead. The recent clashes have been reported from 4 villages near Rauthedoung were as many as 12 have been killed with 1,000 Rohingya displaced as well as in 3 villages south of Maungdaw where 3 people have been killed this Thursday.

In the minutes leading up to sunset as many Rohingya were preparing to open their fasts (Ramadhan) hundreds of Rakhine activists armed with sticks, batons and other weaponry forced their way into Rohingya houses in three adjacent villages. As the villagers attempted to fight back against the Rakhine who had violated their homes, Lun Htin and Nasaka (Burmese armed forces and paramilatary) opened live rounds of fire on the villagers. Three men and one woman have been shot dead whilst many others have been injured. In total the three entire villages are being evacuated with the Rohingya unsure of where they are to move to next. Whilst one of the sources was describing the events , shooting and wailing could be herad in the background.

In a seperate incident, but most likely part of this new wave of violence, four villages near Rathedoung were attacked late last night, Wednesday, leaving more than 12 dead and over 1,000 Rohingya displaced. Similar to incidents in Maungdaw today, Rakhine had attacked the villages and were backed up by Burmese armed forces and paramilitary servicemen. The forces pushed the Rohingya villages from their homes, across the river and now the camp of 1,000 are moving north through mountainour terrains and during monsoon season looking for shelter. 12 people have been confirmed dead - 8 were shot dead and 4 more have lost their lives battling against the elements whilst being shelterless.

As international media have recently been reporting from the region and as an aid deal has been agreed by the President with OIC, this is seen as the final, brutal wave against the Rohingya uring the recent clashes. It is feared that this move will be drawn out over many days surely, many more lives will be lost.

More information and detail to follow...

http://www.restlessbeings.org/projec...cks-hit-region

Hamza Asadullah
08-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Britain criticizes Suu Kyi's silence over killing of Burmese Muslims:

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetail...60&Language=en

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...t-8061619.html

Amat Allah
08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Oppression, injustice and brutal killing of our brothers and sisters around the world... all of that need only one cure; the cure which the Muslims left long ago for the love of this dunya and whats in it; till the disease of weakness, cowardice and humiliation spreaded and bowed the necks under the feet of the enemies of Allah...

lets not delude ourselves with any other reasons or flatter the heads of disbelieving...

our sisters and brothers are being killed day and night and they need not only food and our money; they need us to be real Muslims but how while our leards are having sweet chats in some fancy big rooms ( the same old habit). our brothers and sisters in Palestine are being killed since ages and still those are having their chats and very effective decisions and solutions ma shaa Allah I am afraid that I may give them an evil eye may Allah bless them ma shaa Allah...

many are tortured, raped, killed and humiliated for years and years and still our smart leaders who have all the cures and solutions; flying in peace carrying in their mouths the olive branch wow ma shaa Allah... God bless ya all...

but the victory is not with those created out of dust then out of worthless water ; of Nutfah (mixed semen drops of male and female discharge); no, not with nor from them but with Allah and from Him. laa ilaha illa Allah.

The word of the truth is to be said fearing none but Allah and I swear by Him The Most Just that the day of the cure is coming soon in shaa Allah and O Allah I beg You please to make me part of it and especially from the first dose O Allah Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeen

"Whoever thinks that Allah will not help him (Muhammad SAW) in this world and in the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and let him strangle himself. Then let him see whether his plan will remove that whereat he rages! (15)" Surat Al Hajj

Ya Rabb! Rahmatuk Ya Rabb! Nassruk Ya Rabb! laa taj'anaa fitnatan lellatheena Zalamu Ya Rabb! Ridaaka wa firdawsuk Ya Rabb! laa tahrimna ru'oyatuk feljannah

When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near! it is coming O Ummah of Islam just be patient and try your best to be from true Mu'mineen and Muttaqeen in shaa Allah... May Allah help us to worship Him right and Be pleased with us always and forever Ameeeen

leaving you under Allah's sight, care and protection.

Amat Allah.

GuestFellow
08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't think the world is silent about Burma...since there are many articles about it. I think there was an e-petition about it in the UK. Anyway, countries will not interfere in Burma unless it benefits their national interests. So intervention by countries is the worst solution.

Probably some wealthy Muslims can come together and help the Muslims in Burma like transporting them to safer places...but I doubt it. I doubt ordinary Muslims can do anything on their own, even with the donations.

Difficult to find a solution.

White Rose
08-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Does someone know of a trusted website where people from US can donate for the Burma cause?

Jazak Allah

Hamza Asadullah
08-22-2012, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand

Does someone know of a trusted website where people from US can donate for the Burma cause?

Jazak Allah

Islamic Relief USA is a very reputable Muslim charity in the USA and they are fundraising for the humanitarian crisis in Mynamar (Burma):

http://www.irusa.org/emergencies/mya...tarian-crisis/

glo
08-22-2012, 11:56 AM
MSF (Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders) also supports the people in Mynamar, largely because of lack of health provision.
http://www.msf.org.uk/myanmar.focus?...FeEntAodfAUAow

ardianto
09-03-2012, 09:13 AM
One stop information center of Rohingya

http://www.rohingyablogger.com/

_Y168
09-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Allahumma Aslih Ahwaalal Muslimeena Fee Sooriyyaa... Wa Fee Borma... Wa Fee Filasteen! Aameen Ya Rabbal 'Aalameen!

Hamza Asadullah
09-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Turning a blind eye to the massacre of Burmese Muslims

by Aymen Ijaz

Source: opednews.com

Don’t just READ this and feel sorry for your Burmese Muslim brothers and sisters.TAKE ACTION NOW & DONATE MONEY TO HELP (LINKS to donate at the end of the article). If you can’t donate, you can at least encourage others to do so and multiply your rewards during these blessed last days of Ramadan. Please SHARE this article to help raise as much money as possible.

Since June 2012, reportedly 20,000 Burmese Muslims are brutally persecuted, displaced and killed in the name of religion, race and ethnic cleansing. The actual reason for this ongoing sectarian violence in Burma (Myanmar) is unknown. It is reported that these riots started on 3rd June 2012 when 11 Rohingya Muslims were taken out of the bus and killed by the Burmese Army and the Buddhist Rakhines in the Northern Rakhine state of Burma (formerly known as Arakan). According to Amnesty International , since 1978, the 800,000 Rohingya Muslims have suffered from severe human rights violation as they are considered as illegal immigrants, non citizens and foreigners.

The history unfolded to Burmese about the forced conversions of Buddhists under the Mughal rule which developed anti- Muslims sentiments. In 1930′s, there were “Anti-Muslim’s” and “Burma for Burmese Only” campaigns under the British rule. The Buddhists denied Muslims claim that there ancestors were settled in Burma since 9th Century and practically barred Rohingya Muslims from being recognized as Myanmarese nationals under the constitution. After 1948 Independence, The Burma Muslim Congress was cut out from the AFPFL (Anti-Fascist Peoples’ Freedom Party) and was later dissolved. There was expulsion of Muslim soldiers from army and strict reservations were imposed on cow slaughter and pilgrimage.

The 1982 Citizenship Act does not recognize the Rohingya as one of Burma’s national races and exclude it from the citizenship right. Under such drastic circumstances, the rich Muslims gradually took refugee to neighbouring states like Bangladesh and India. The poorer Muslims were left in a deplorable condition at the mercy of Buddhists who deprived them from all socio-economic and political rights. There were also anti Muslims riots in Mandalay (1997) and Taungoo (2001) in the name of racial violence. The situation aggravated after 9/11, as violence was now committed in the name of Islamic extremism against the Burmese Muslims.

With such appalling history, the present violence seems a thread to the knot, as the Burmese are determined to repeat the holocaust for ethnic cleansing of Muslims from their Burmese soil. Myanmar’s President Thein Sein clearly mentioned that there are two tangible solutions: either to expel all Rohingya Muslims to a third country or sending them to refugee camps under the oversight of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), which has been denied. Even the Bangladesh has refused to accept any Burmese Muslims refugees and has banned aid to them. No permanent solution has yet been formulated to resolve their identity crisis, issue of citizenship and settlement rights of Burmese Muslims.

At this juncture, the helpless and disappointed Burmese Muslims, one of the largest stateless community in Asia, look toward world community for a practical solution but unfortunately the world has turned a blind eye to the massacre of Burmese Muslims. No serious action has been taken by UN and OIC in real terms. USA, Human Right Organizations and Peace activists seem less interested to bother about the Burmese Muslims genocide. The media reports, photographs and videos are termed as faked/ invalid and less western media coverage is given to the issue.

Why so? Just because these are not Americans, Israelis or Westerners instead ill-fated Muslims who are being butchered at the hands of monks? Is it just an internal affair of the Burma? Is USA and UN too busy placating new Burmese democratic government? Where is the peaceful compassion of Nobel Peace Laureate Aung San Suu kyi gone while speaking about the Rohingya Muslims? Is social reform and protection of human and ethnic rights not part of Burmese reform agenda?

These are the queries which need an immediate response by the western world. The cold and inhuman response by the western community has agitated the Muslims all over the world, who have strongly condemned the genocide of their Burmese Muslims brothers and sisters. The world wide rallies/protests and public demonstrations are staged demanding Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) and UN to intervene for the cause of Burmese Muslims.

The Secretary General of OIC has asked for the unity and co operation of Muslim Ummah and has proposed an urgent request to the Human Rights Council to send a fact-finding mission to Burma to investigate the massive violence perpetuated against the Rohingya Muslims. Countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, France, Turkey and Pakistan have expressed deep concern over the loss of life and property of Rohingya Muslims, condemned the ethnic clashes in Burma and have called for hastening the process of rehabilitation and settlement of Rohingya Muslims.

Related:

Myanmar Muslims suffering amid media blackout

July 26 2012

Kourosh Ziabari – Online Opinion

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=13895

As Muslims around the world prepare for the holy month of Ramadan, the Rohingya Muslims of Myanmar are being painfully subjected to barbaric and appalling atrocities of extremist Buddhists. Their lives are in a constant state of trepidation and suffering.

Branded by the United Nations as one of the most persecuted minorities of the world, Rohingyas are a Muslim people living in the Rakhine State, located in the west of Myanmar. With a population of 3 million, Rakhine state is bordered by the Bay of Bengal to the west and the majority of its residents are Theravada Buddhists and Hindus.

The suppression of the Rohingya Muslims of the Arakan region dates back to World War II. On March 28, 1942, about 5,000 Rohingya Muslims were brutally massacred by the Rakhine nationalists in the Minbya and Mrohaung Townships. After this incident, the Muslims of the region were frequently subject to harassment by the Burmese government which has so far refused to grant them official citizenship. According to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, this lack of full citizenship rights means that the Rohingyas should tolerate other abuses, including restrictions on their freedom of movement, discriminatory limitations on access to education, and arbitrary confiscation of property.

It’s said that as a result of dire living conditions and discriminatory treatment by the government, some 300,000 Rohingyas have so far immigrated to Bangladesh and 24,000 of them have also escaped to Malaysia in search of a better life. Many of them have also fled to Thailand, but neither Bangladesh nor Thailand has received them warmly. Bangladesh is negotiating with the Burmese government to return the Rohingyas and Thailand has sporadically rejected them. There have been instances where boats of Rohingyas reaching Thailand have been towed out to sea and allowed to sink, sparking international anger among Muslims and non-Muslims.

Human Rights Watch says that the government authorities continue to require Rohingya Muslims to perform forced labor. According to HRW, those who refuse or complain are physically threatened, sometimes with death, and children as young as seven years old have been seen on forced labour teams.

Writing for The Egyptian Gazette, University of Waterloo professor Dr. Mohamed Elmasry has enumerated the different hardships the Rohingya Muslims have historically undergone. He writes that they are subjected to various forms of extortion and arbitrary taxation, land confiscation, forced eviction and house destruction and financial restrictions on marriage. Rohingyas continue to be used as forced labourers on roads and at military camps.

The Myanmar government’s mistreatment of the Rohingyas, however, has long been contested and protested by international organizations. For several years, human rights activists have decried the arbitrary measures levelled against the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar by the government and extremist Buddhists. In May 2009, Elaine Pearson, the Human Rights Watch’s deputy Asia director issued a statement in protest at the deteriorating conditions of the Rohingya Muslims, calling on the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) to press the Burmese government to end its brutal practices: “the treatment of the Rohingya in Burma is deplorable – the Burmese government doesn’t just deny Rohingya their basic rights, it denies they are even Burmese citizens.”

Now, conflict has escalated in the Rakhine State again and Muslims are once more experiencing difficult days. It was reported that 10 Rohingya Muslims were killed by a mob of 300 Rakhines while on their way back from the country’s former capital Rangoon. According to a group of UK-based NGOs, 650 Rohingyas were massacred from June 10 to 28. The United Nations estimates that between 50,000 and 90,000 Rohingyas were displaced since the eruption of violence in the Asian nation. However, due to the absence of independent reporters and monitors in the country, it’s impossible to verify the exact number of those who have been displaced.

It’s also reported that some 9,000 homes belonging to Muslims in the western state of Rakhine were destroyed. On July 20, Amnesty International called the recent attacks against minority Rohingyas and other Muslims in Myanmar a “step back” in the country’s recent progress on human rights, citing increased violence and unlawful arrests following a state of emergency declared six weeks ago.

The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has voiced its concern over the recent violence in the state of Rakhine and the varying reports which have leaked out as to the number of the Muslims killed. As reported by the TimeTurk News Agency, over 1,000 Rohingya Muslims have been murdered thus far in conflicts in the region.

The mainstream media in the West have been largely silent about the massacre of Muslims in Myanmar and the ordeal that has befallen them.

Along with the mainstream media, the Western governments have also blatantly turned a blind eye to the heartrending anguish and suffering of the Rohingya Muslims. Even the renowned Burmese political activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi who has been released from house arrest and was just invited to Norway to deliver her Nobel acceptance speech 21 years after being awarded the prize, preferred not to speak about the affliction of her fellow citizens.

People around the world, however, should realize that coming to the help of a subjugated minority that is undergoing excruciating hardship is a moral responsibility and although the so-called international community is silent about the inhumane massacre of Muslims in Myanmar, each of us can lend a hand in putting an end to their suffering.

Want to help? – Donate NOW:

Ummah Welfare trust Burma Crisis Appeal: http://www.uwt.org/site/appeal.asp?id=757

Muslim Aid: http://www.muslimaid.org.au/appeal.aspx?Id=43

Human Appeal International: https://www.humanappeal.org.au/campa...ergency-appeal

Helping Hand : https://www.hhrd.org/Donate.aspx?proid=142

Kimse Yok Mu: https://www.kimseyokmu.org.tr/Kampan...x?hl=en&id=163

Shaykha
09-05-2012, 01:58 PM
اللهم انصر اخواننا المستضعفين في بورما و في كل مكان آمين يا رب العالمين

Scimitar
09-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Just a headsup, I have been delayed with the video - some pressing matters to deal with, but it's still on the back burner - it just may not be as in depth as I wanted it to be because of some other commitments I must deal with.

Scimi

Muslim Woman
09-07-2012, 03:08 PM

A Night For The Rohingya
Asalamu Alaykum wa Rahamtullahi wa Barakatu

As you may be aware of the recent events that have occured in Myanmar/Burma, the perssecution and the ethnic cleansing of the Rohingya Muslims of the Arakan State. They are a people without a state, citizenship and recognition...

The Burmese Military 'JUNTA' have been systematically targeting the Rohingya for many years. Recently, the goverment gave the local Buddhidt population a open hand to carry out ATTACKS on the Rohingya community...

JOIN US AT OUR FREE AWARENES EVENT IN LONDON...

In response to the crisis we have formed partnerships between Saving Rohingya UK (S.R.UK) and islamic response. We are hoping to achieve awareness of the plight of the Rohingya Muslims and assist their humanitarian needs> Please make all donations via Islamic Response http://www.islamicresponse.org/saverohingya.html

http://youtu.be/EgqAYqqPy0c
[savingrohingya@gmail.com]
[Mobile] 07771013269
http://facebook.com/savingrohingya1

Musaafirah
11-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Anyone aware of any updates as to what is happening with the Rohingya muslims?
On the blog link provided by ardianto, it states that a village in Rohngya was torched during Barack Obama's visit to Myanamur.
The state of affairs globally is depressing...

abo mussaab
04-13-2013, 03:17 AM

Student1996
04-22-2013, 01:46 AM
Explain how Buddhist monks are criminals or why they might think that... I'm just curious.

Tyrion
04-22-2013, 01:59 AM
If you're going to post on a discussion forum, try starting an actual discussion instead of just posting a picture with no information.

Student1996
04-22-2013, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
If you're going to post on a discussion forum, try starting an actual discussion instead of just posting a picture with no information.
A picture is worth a thousand words. :D

Muslim Woman
04-22-2013, 08:11 AM

torture on Muslims in Mymmar has been discussed in other threads. Those who don't know , pl. browse the forum .

Anyway , thread title is not suitable. Readers won't understand it has anything to do with Muslims.

Periwinkle18
04-22-2013, 10:56 AM
I guess its a picture of our sisters in London protesting guess the akhi wants to tell us that.

Jedi_Mindset
04-22-2013, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
I guess its a picture of our sisters in London protesting guess the akhi wants to tell us that.

Protesting against the massacre by myanmar government against the rohingya muslims ;)
However they also protested against the bangladeshi government and the bad attitude from buddhist in sri lanka against the minority muslim population there.

sister herb
04-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Claiming that (all) Buddhist monks are criminals is generalization and we should avoid kind of things. By same logic Buddhist monks could claim that muslims are criminals in cause of some whose have made crimes.

Muslim Woman
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM

Burma riots: Footage shows anti-Muslim violence

The BBC has obtained video footage which shows the Burmese police standing by as shops, homes and mosques are looted and burnt, and failing to intervene as Buddhist mobs, including monks, kill fleeing Muslims.

It has emerged as EU ministers meet to decide whether to permanently lift sanctions on Burma.

Much of the footage, filmed in the town of Meiktila last month, was shot by the Burmese police themselves.

This report by Jonah Fisher contains images of violence which you may find upsetting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22243438

sister herb
04-23-2013, 05:06 PM
EU has decided to stop sanctions. The Human Right Watch disagrees.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/...247673926.html

~Zaria~
05-04-2013, 07:39 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!