/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sibling Concern!

Al-bint
08-10-2012, 05:45 AM
:sl:

May everyone find this in the best state of health & imaan...

Well... I have a younger brother. He uses internet a lot & as we all know, one has to be very careful while using the net in order to safeguard our imaan. I doubt that he cares much about it. yes he knows the principles of Islam and prays most of the times but all of it stops when I leave the house! I study outside my hometown so I don't really know what he's upto when I'm not home. My parents don't know much about how to take care of the internet stuff or check the history. In short they arn't well versed with the latest technologies. It's just that recently I happened to just see that for eg. on fb he's liked justin bieber's(He is a huge fan of Justin Bieber!) & selena gomes' page & those pages many a times share certain pictures which..... I don't want to go into the details... The point is I want to talk to him about it but we have never even talked about such stuff before & it might become awkward for him as well as me. I am not sure how he would react to such stuff. He's in his teens & I guess this is time when he needs guidance. How do I make him understand that such stuff is gonna cost him 'Hell' lot?! i tried making him listen to certain lectures but I don't think it made any difference...

I'd be really thankful if any one could advise me in this regard!

Jazakallah Khairn!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
08-11-2012, 02:43 AM
May Allah swt save ur brother from evil and sins.
i think it very much related to how he is educated and 2ndly which type of friends and company he have. in our society (i am talking about pakistani religious families) the children were given the mindset from childhood that these type of ppl (actors etc) are shameless and Allah SWT dont like shamelessness, rather He like modesty and haya.
so what u can do is to let him know some hadith and ayats in that context and some stories from ambiya As. mostly teen follows the trend which is popular among their age group ppl but its not the criteria that if someone has millions of fan on fb, he is beloved in sight of Allah SWT. but in most cases u will see the worst the person is and more he has fan esp on internet and f b etc..

Hamza Asadullah
08-15-2012, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-bint

May everyone find this in the best state of health & imaan...

Well... I have a younger brother. He uses internet a lot & as we all know, one has to be very careful while using the net in order to safeguard our imaan. I doubt that he cares much about it. yes he knows the principles of Islam and prays most of the times but all of it stops when I leave the house! I study outside my hometown so I don't really know what he's upto when I'm not home. My parents don't know much about how to take care of the internet stuff or check the history. In short they arn't well versed with the latest technologies. It's just that recently I happened to just see that for eg. on fb he's liked justin bieber's(He is a huge fan of Justin Bieber!) & selena gomes' page & those pages many a times share certain pictures which..... I don't want to go into the details... The point is I want to talk to him about it but we have never even talked about such stuff before & it might become awkward for him as well as me. I am not sure how he would react to such stuff. He's in his teens & I guess this is time when he needs guidance. How do I make him understand that such stuff is gonna cost him 'Hell' lot?! i tried making him listen to certain lectures but I don't think it made any difference...

I'd be really thankful if any one could advise me in this regard!

Jazakallah Khairn!

I think it comes down to the fact that you are his "elder" sister so he may feel a lot of shame in telling you certain things as any young person would with their elders. You should try and get him to open up more with you. To do this you should make him feel comfortable with you and that wayt he is more likely to open up. Ask him about his interests and what he does with his day and try to make him open up more about himself and his likes, dislikes and interests etc. That way he will start to feel more comfortable with you and is more likely to open up to you.

Try not to give him the usual if you dont do this you will burn in hell lecture. But try to use wisdon and tact in your approach and try not to get angry or frustrated as guidance is not in our hands but in the hands of Allah and one is far more likely to get further by being gentle and using wisdom and tact. So try different methods and see what has more of an impact but remember not to pester him too much otherwise it will just go in one ear and come out of the other. Try to send him more reminders of death and the hereafter in particular but in different ways rather than just online lectures. If you are going to send online lectures then send him those that will inspire the young hearts like Sheikh Zahir Mahmood especially his talks about the past heros of Islam.

Also maybe a short text or e mail here and there or just a quick reminder of a hadith or ayah or read a small part of a good Islamic book sometimes when he is with you. But do not give him long lectures with him as that will not always have a positive response. Also remind him to keep good company and that those who do bad things are not true friends.

So know that guidance is not in your hands but in the hands of Allah. So you can only do your best and the rest is upto him. The main thing is to keep an Islamic atmosphere at home as much as is possible. The following thread is very beneficial in helping us to achieve this:

Is your home an Islamic home?

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...amic-home.html

May Allah guide all our youth

Al-bint
08-16-2012, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Try not to give him the usual if you dont do this you will burn in hell lecture.
Alhamdulillah I Don't... Not anymore. not since last 2 years

If you are going to send online lectures then send him those that will inspire the young hearts like Sheikh Zahir Mahmood especially his talks about the past heros of Islam.
I haven't heard of him. will search and find some videos insha Allah.
I gave him 'The Seal Of the Prophets' by Muhammad Abdul Jabbar. I don't know if he liked it or not or if it had any impact on him ...

Is your home an Islamic home?
Well i can't really comment on that....

Jazakallah for your help brothers!
fee amanillah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!