/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fatwas Concerning Dawah Inviting to Allaah

Muwaahid
08-13-2012, 07:44 PM

ببسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

السوال: هل الوسائل الدعوية توقيفة على الكتاب والسنة ام هي اجتهادية؟

Sheikh Muqbil (rahimahullah) was asked:
Question: Are the ways and means of Dawah Tawqifiyyah restriced to the Kitaab and the Sunnah or is there Ijtihaadiyyah (based upon ones' own efforts and sources)?
The Answer:
الجواب
أما الدعوة فالذي يظهر لي أن الدعوة نفسها توقيفية:
ادفع الى سبيل ربك بالحكمة والموعظة الحسنة"
و يقول: قل هذه سبيلي أدعو الى الله على بصيرة
أما الوسائل فلا بأس بها ما لم تخالف الكتاب والسنة فاءذا خالفت الكتاب و السنة فهي تعتبر طاغوتية

As for the Dawah then that which is clear to me is that the Dawah in it of itself is Tawqifiyyah (restricted to the Kitaab and the Sunnah) "And invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and the beautiful admonition" (An-Nisaa:135) And He said, "Say this is my way I invite to Allaah upon clarity" (An-Nahl:125) As for the ways and means then there is no harm in it, as long as it doesn't conflict with the Kitaab and the Sunnah and if it conflicts with the Kitaab and the Sunnah then it is considered Tawghootiyyah (going beyond the confines of the Kitaab and the Sunnah).
Extracted from
Tuhfatul Mujeeb Ala As'ilah Al-Haadhir wal Ghareeb
pg.188-189
Translated
by:
ابو عكاشة شاكر بن ويلارد جرينوود
Abu Ukkaasha Shaakir Bin Willard Greenwood

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!