PDA

View Full Version : need help asap...



anonymous
08-13-2012, 11:49 PM
hey,

I used to get extremely angry at the slightest of things and I gave my parents and my brothers a really hard time. We moved to America 12 years ago, however, I had gone back to india with my mom 2 years ago where we met someone who said I had magic done on me for the past 8 or 9 years (when i graduated high school). To be frank ever since then no matter how hard I tried to pursue my studies I always ended up failing though I do no blame it entirely on that, perhaps I was a bit careless myself.

But my question comes now. The person we met (Alim) gave me a taweez with Quranic ayahs and what not to keep with me at all times. And this has reallllllly been bothering me. From the start, my sole intention is that I do not believe in this taweez, I only wear it because I do not want my mom to worry. I think only Allah will cure whatever affliction i have been afflicted with. And it reallly worries me. A couple of months ago I was listening to a lecture in which after giving the lecture or midway the shaikh says InshaAllah we will all go to jannah so long aas we do not do any ruqya or something to that magnitude.

So I searched online (islamqa.com) and came upon a hadith in which the Prophet (saws) said that 70000 ppl from his ummah (saws) will go to jannah without giving any account and those are the people who do not do any ruqya and place their trust solely in Allah. I do place my trust solely in Allah and I really do not wanna to go to jahannam. Someone please tell me what should I do? should I remove the taweez from my person? I really dont want Allah to be angry with me in the slightest and want to have complete trust in Allah. Someone please answer me.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by anonymous
hey,

I used to get extremely angry at the slightest of things and I gave my parents and my brothers a really hard time. We moved to America 12 years ago, however, I had gone back to india with my mom 2 years ago where we met someone who said I had magic done on me for the past 8 or 9 years (when i graduated high school). To be frank ever since then no matter how hard I tried to pursue my studies I always ended up failing though I do no blame it entirely on that, perhaps I was a bit careless myself.

But my question comes now. The person we met (Alim) gave me a taweez with Quranic ayahs and what not to keep with me at all times. And this has reallllllly been bothering me. From the start, my sole intention is that I do not believe in this taweez, I only wear it because I do not want my mom to worry. I think only Allah will cure whatever affliction i have been afflicted with. And it reallly worries me. A couple of months ago I was listening to a lecture in which after giving the lecture or midway the shaikh says InshaAllah we will all go to jannah so long aas we do not do any ruqya or something to that magnitude.

So I searched online (islamqa.com) and came upon a hadith in which the Prophet (saws) said that 70000 ppl from his ummah (saws) will go to jannah without giving any account and those are the people who do not do any ruqya and place their trust solely in Allah. I do place my trust solely in Allah and I really do not wanna to go to jahannam. Someone please tell me what should I do? should I remove the taweez from my person? I really dont want Allah to be angry with me in the slightest and want to have complete trust in Allah. Someone please answer me.
:sl:

It is permitted to use taweez as long as it is made from the Words of Allah (Qur'an) or His Names with the condition that the person not think that it has any effect by itself; rather, it protects or heals by the Will and Power of Allah. The ones that are not permitted are those which are made by letters and numbers or thinking that it is the taweez itself that will cure. It should be taken off before going to the toilet and before intercourse.

I advise you to continue looking for an Aalim who does Ruqya according to the Qur'an and Sunnah and you can also try self Ruqya treatment:

http://islamfuture.wordpress.com/201...t-your-family/
Reply

anonymous
08-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
:sl:

It is permitted to use taweez as long as it is made from the Words of Allah (Qur'an) or His Names with the condition that the person not think that it has any effect by itself; rather, it protects or heals by the Will and Power of Allah. The ones that are not permitted are those which are made by letters and numbers or thinking that it is the taweez itself that will cure. It should be taken off before going to the toilet and before intercourse.

I advise you to continue looking for an Aalim who does Ruqya according to the Qur'an and Sunnah and you can also try self Ruqya treatment:

http://islamfuture.wordpress.com/201...t-your-family/
:sl:

Alhamdulillah, thanks for your reply akhi but please do not mind if I inquire a bit more...

Is doing ruqya considered bad because I found a hadith in the which the Prophet (Saws) said that 70,000 ppl will enter jannah without giving any account because they did not any ruqya and believed solely in Allah. (http://islamqa.info/en/ref/4203/ruqya). Forgive me if my post sounds ignorant or anything.

My question is if I did do ruqya then do I have a chance to be of those 70,000?
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by anonymous
:sl:

Alhamdulillah, thanks for your reply akhi but please do not mind if I inquire a bit more...

Is doing ruqya considered bad because I found a hadith in the which the Prophet (Saws) said that 70,000 ppl will enter jannah without giving any account because they did not any ruqya and believed solely in Allah. (http://islamqa.info/en/ref/4203/ruqya). Forgive me if my post sounds ignorant or anything.

My question is if I did do ruqya then do I have a chance to be of those 70,000?
Asalaamu Alaikum, The Ruya in the Hadith mentioned does not refer to the permissable Ruqya which uses Qur'an and Sunnah in order to heal and also that one does not think that it is the Ruqya itself that heals but that it is just a means of treatment by which Allah heals as he is the ONLY one who can heal anyone else. It refers to the im permissable types of treatment like the use of fortune tellers and soothsayers and any other method and means of treatment that goes against the Shari'ah and if a person believes that it is just the treatment that heals.

So one should always keep away from using any means of treatment that is contrary to the teachings of Islam.

And Allah knows best in all matters
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Insaanah
08-17-2012, 01:26 PM
:sl:

The Sahaabah, like Ibn Mas'oud, Ibn 'Abbaas and Hudhayfah, were all opposed to the wearing of Qur'anic amulets. Some scholars among the Taabi'oon (students of the Prophet's companions) allowed it, but most were against it. However, the texts of the Hadeeth on talismans/amulets, do not distinguish between charms containing Qur'aan and those which do not. And, we have no record of the Prophet :saws: wearing Qur'anic verses or allowing them to be worn.

The Sunnah of the Prophet :saws: is to recite certain Qur'anic chapters (eg 113th and 114th: Surah al-Falaq and Surah an-Naas) and certain other verses (e.g. Aayatul Kursee, 2:255 as one example) when evil approaches. The only prescribed method of gaining good fortune from the Qur'aan, in the sunnah, is by its recitation and application.

Some among the later generations of the salaf did use particular ayahs from their ijtihaad of suitable ayaat, and some began to write ruqyahs too.

Ruqyas which do not involve shirk are allowed, with those from the sunnah being more preferable, and ones which contain permissible du'as and verses not narrated by the Prophet :saws: for ruqya are also allowed. But it is because of hadeeth and some reports in which the Prophet :saws: said that "whoever wears an amulet, depends on it"1, and the Prophet's refusal to take an oath of allegiance from a man who was wearing an talisman, until he had taken it off and broken it, and on that occasion he :saws: said, "whoever wears an amulet has committed shirk"2, that people are very careful about any form of ta'weezh (amulet/talisman), including those that have Qur'anic ayaat on them, as these reports do not distinguish betwen Quranic and non-Qur'anic ta'weezh.

Allah knows best in all matters, but the ruqya involving recitation of verses and duas from the sunnah and proven from the Prophet :saws:, and also other beneficial duas and verses for Ruqya, will never do you any harm by the will of Allah, in this world or the hereafter.

And Allah knows best.

1. Reported by Ibn Mas'oud and collected by Ahmad, al-Tirmidhi, al-Haakim.
2. al- Tirmidhi and Ahmad
Reply

anonymous
08-19-2012, 02:42 AM
:sl:

jazakAllah Khair brother and sister for your posts. If I am sincere I know what I must do. May Allah guide us all and strengthen our imaan, inshaAllah. Ameen.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | International Institute of Entrepreneurship and Professional Development - IIEPD | Truly Halal Humour

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!