/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mustache

Huzzy_786
08-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Asssalamualaykum Warahmatuallhi Wabarkatu,

I wanted to know regarding shaving the Mustache, since I am now 16, I have some beard hair and a mustache too. So am I allowed to shave my mustache?

(Like mentioned in the stickied post, please prove with Qu'ran and hadeeth) Jazak'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-15-2012, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Asssalamualaykum Warahmatuallhi Wabarkatu,

I wanted to know regarding shaving the Mustache, since I am now 16, I have some beard hair and a mustache too. So am I allowed to shave my mustache?

(Like mentioned in the stickied post, please prove with Qu'ran and hadeeth) Jazak'Allah
:sl:

There are different words in different Ahaadith pertaining to the moustache (to shorten), (Ihfaa) to shorten excessively etc. In view of the different Ahaadith, one may only trim his moustache or even shave it if he wishes to. Shaving falls in the category of Ihfaa.

Fine clipping of the moustache is sunnat .It is reported in a Hadith: - "The one who does not clip his moustache is not of us." (Tirmizi, Nasaie). Imam Tirmizi relates on the authority of Hadhrat Ibne Abbas (RA) that the Holy Prophet sallallâhu alaihi wasallam used to trim his moustache.

ذكر الطحاوي في شرح الآثار أن قص الشارب حسن ، وتقصيره أن يؤخذ حتى ينقص من الإطار وهو الطرف الأعلى من الشفة العليا قال والحلق سنة وهو أحسن من القص وهذا قول أبي حنيفة وصاحبيه رحمهم الله تعالى كذا في محيط السرخسي

(Al-Fatawa al-Hindiya (5:358) Maktaba Rasheediya)

عن زيد بن أرقم : أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم قال : من لم يأخذ من شاربه فليس منا

Evening out the surface of the moustache without actually thinning it with a scissors etc - resulting in the exposure of the reddish area of the lip - is also proper. However, very fine clipping falls within the sunnat practice. It is stated in Fatâwa âlamgiri: - "It is commendable to cut the moustache very fine." Allamah ibne Hajar (Rahimahullah) states in his commentary of Shamâil: - "According to Imam Abu Hanifa (Rahimahullah) and his two most eminent and outstanding pupils (Rahimahullah), instead of mere clipping, it is most desirable to cut or clip the moustache very finely." It is reported that Imam Ahmad (Rahimahullah) was in the habit of trimming his moustache very finely.

It is permissible to abstain from clipping the two extreme ends of the moustache. Hazrat Shaikh Muhaddith Dehlawi (Rahmatullahi Alaihi)) states in his commentary of Mishkât: "There is no problem in leaving the two corners of the lips (moustache) intact." Numerous authentic Ulama of contemporary times also practice this i.e the extreme ends are left intact whilst the moustache itself is clipped to a fine texture.

Source: http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/17922

Most of the rulings say to trim the moustache and some say to remove it completely. So you may do either.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!