/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A question about English Quran!

ILuvAllah
08-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Can I read an English Quran (no arabic text in it) without wudu?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
08-16-2012, 05:37 AM
:sl:

I read that when other language is more than Arabic text , then it's allowed to read Quran translation without Wadu. Normally I read translation without wadu.

And Allah Knows Best.

ILuvAllah
08-16-2012, 08:30 AM
So that means I can read the tafsir without wudu as well cause its got a lot more english than arabic. thanks for the reply sis.

Muslim Woman
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
:sl:

Fatwa No : 87869
Purification before reading translated Qur'an
Fatwa Date : Rabee' Al-Aakhir 12, 1425 / 1-6-2004

Question

When reading a translation of the Qur'an Sharif such as an English one, is it required to perform Wudu as with the Arabic version? Does it make a difference that there is no Arabic writing in the translation although the meaning is the same?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

There is no harm for you to read the translation of the meaning of the Qur'an and touch the written pages without being in state of purity (by Wudu or Ghusl) because the translation is not considered Qur'an;

it is like the Tafseer (interpretation of the meanings of the Qur'an). The Qur'an is the Arabic text which was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam).

That's why the Fuqaha (may Allah have Mercy on them) said that 'It is not forbidden for a person in a state of impurity, or a woman in menstruation, or a Kafir to read the translation of the Qur'an.'

If the book which contains the translation includes the Qur'anic text (in Arabic), and the Qur'anic text is larger than the translation, it is forbidden to touch the Qur'an; otherwise it is not.

As regards reading the Qur'anic text in Arabic which is part of the text of the translation, it is forbidden for a person who requires a Ghusl because he has major impurity.

The same applies to reading the Qur'an with no translation. As for a person who only requires a Wudu, it is permissible for him to read the Qur'anic text, but it is preferable to make Wudu prior to that.

Allah knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=87869

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!