/* */

PDA

View Full Version : birmingham uk good place to live?

Marina-Aisha
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
me my husband are thinking maybe next year we would movw to birmingham isha Allah..is it nice place for family?is there big muslim community?thanx

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes there is quite a large muslim community in Birmingham. There are also a number of Islamic schools too.

Kei
08-18-2012, 11:26 PM
I live about 15 minutes or so away from there.
As Amirsaab said there is a massive Muslim community there. Some parts; Alumrock Road, Ladypool Road, Soho Road etc are 98% Muslim areas. Every other person wondering the streets is in Islamic clothing.
Plenty of segregated schools and madrasah's, :)
Oh my Mum says to mention that they have loads of cheap, good quality, vegetables and fruit in the markets :giggling:

Scimitar
08-19-2012, 08:12 AM
I'd move there :)

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
08-19-2012, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kei
I live about 15 minutes or so away from there.
As Amirsaab said there is a massive Muslim community there. Some parts; Alumrock Road, Ladypool Road, Soho Road etc are 98% Muslim areas. Every other person wondering the streets is in Islamic clothing.
Plenty of segregated schools and madrasah's, :)
Oh my Mum says to mention that they have loads of cheap, good quality, vegetables and fruit in the markets :giggling:

MashaAllah!

After reading this, I feel like living here now : )

glo
08-19-2012, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I'd move there :)

Scimi
Yep. Birmingham is a very multi-cultural and vibrant place. Lots of people from different faiths and cultural backgrounds. :)

Caller الداعي
08-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Birminghams a big city its got its good places and bad places. Having lots of muslims doesnt mean that its a good place hmmmm. But I like it.

Serendipity
08-19-2012, 04:26 PM
It has a lot of muslims, but I personally wouldn't want to move there, don't really hear a lot of good things about people there. (Not saying every person there is bad, I'm sure there is good people as well.)

Salahudeen
08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
me my husband are thinking maybe next year we would movw to birmingham isha Allah..is it nice place for family?is there big muslim community?thanx
Depends on the area, there's good areas and bad areas, if you live in a nice area its good place to live, very big Muslim community.

In the 2001 census 16.8% of the Birmingham population identified themselves as Muslim. This is significantly higher than the average for England and Wales of 3.0%.
The Muslim community in Birmingham is considered one of the most diverse after London with a wide spectrum of people originally from Africa, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Western Asia and other Asian countries. Although the earliest Muslims to arrive in Birmingham and England generally are said to have been from Yemen and the regions of South Asia now known as Bangladesh, it is the Kashmiri community from Mirpur in Pakistan who form the largest group of migrated Muslims. The majority of the Muslims in Birmingham continue to be born abroad as more and more migrants arrive into the city although the number of British-born Muslims and those who convert to the faith are said to be near 50% of the total Muslim population. More recent Muslim settlers hail from Somalia, Kosovo and Algeria and neighbouring nations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Birmingham

GuestFellow
08-22-2012, 09:55 PM
Asslamu Aliakum,

It depends on what you want. There is a large Muslim community in Birmingham, many Islamic schools and mosques. Keep in mind, there are some Muslims that are not practicing. In addition, finding a job in Birmingham is difficult. Unemployment has affected Birmingham terribly.

shab
08-23-2012, 06:39 AM
i have been to Birmingham a few times but I have lived in London most of my life. There are loads of Muslims there. In a place like this you will find it difficult to have a private life. Usually everybody knows what others are doing.. but it depends what your purpose is of going there.

GuestFellow
08-23-2012, 05:29 PM
^ Asslamu Aliakum,

Ah I find it easy. Not many people in my area know who I am.

shab
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
W.salam..

Yur lucky then!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!