/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Restriction of time for qadha prayers?

Aishath
08-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum

I have a lot of qadha prayers to be made up and I want to know what times are not permissible to pray in Insha Allah. I have heard something about sunset/sunrise times. Can someone please help me understand this? Does this mean I can't do qadha prayer after fajr or Asr? Does the ruling for this differ by madhhab?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali_008
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM
walekum as salaam

It is true that salaah can't be offered during sunrise and sunset, thus it is not allowed to offer any Salaah instantly after Fajr. Nawaafeel salaah like chaasht and ishraaq are recommended after Fajr but after engaging in other types of Dhikrullah such as tasbeeh, reciting Qur'an or an Islamic gathering so that the sunrise can pass. I'm not sure about the after Asr part. I think the sunset restriction applies a few minutes before maghrib. We need to apply a little logic as well regarding the time of sunset and sunrise. The sun is so bright that you can see light even before complete sunrise and after complete sunset. Hope this helps.

Aishath
09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Oh this is quite interesting because I posted this question in another forum and I was told that qadha prayers can be offered at all times?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!