/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having to do Surgery...

HAhmed
08-23-2012, 06:36 AM
Been visiting this forum for a while, but decided to make this post as I don't feel too great at the moment.

I'm 18 from England and currently don't know what to do really. Firstly I may have to have some form of jaw surgery in order to fix my teeth/biting problems as I developed an underbite (lower jaw sticks out infront of top when I bite) (no one else in family has one nor was I born with it, but when I was 11/12 I didn't really give much attention to my teeth so I didn't wear an appliance I was given properly to fix my top set of teeth which were crooked) . As a result, as years went on by around 15/16 I think it caused my whole jaw to mess up as my biting was not right. Now I visited the dentist and they say the only solution is jaw surgery. Now if I do go ahead with it, it will likely take 4-5 years, a year of waiting, a year of braces, surgery, braces . But I've been told that it will likely have significant change on my appearance , my nose/cheeks may change if they move my top jaw forward, or I may lose some feeling in my lower lip/chin if they move my lower one back and cut a nerve and then putting steel plates in my mouth to let the jaw heal.

I actually don't want to do the surgery as I feel terrified of it, but part of me does want to have good teeth and I've been told if I don't get it corrected it'll cause further damage to me down the line as its not healthy for the jaw as it wears down. And already I can feel my jaw making crackling sounds when I eat normal food, and opening my mouth wide, and it feels sort of stiff when I sit down. Not too sure about whether to go through with it as I may end up worse off / different.

Plus I don't really have a set path to follow now that I've finished my school studies, its come down to applying to universities but I may not get accepted so it'll likely be another year out or doing some form of job instead and then trying to reapply next year. I don't really know now, before everything was set out as to what I had to do in school, but now school is over :/ . I also don't really have too many friends to talk to as they've all gone to university this year and are busy with their own lives so I hardly talk to manyone now. I also dont have siblings to talk to (my 2 older sisters have moved out) Just feel like it wont turn out better in the future really.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
08-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Assalamu Alaykum bro,

May Allah make it all easy for you. Aameen.

Pray istikhara over it. :)

Muslim Woman
08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
:sl:

may Allah grants what is best for u , Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!