/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayed for the first time

voomie
08-26-2012, 12:08 AM
A few days ago I decided to pray for the first time and I felt amazing afterwards. I didnt know the proper words for prayer but it felt so right being able to connect to Allah (swt) like that. I am still trying to find out the proper words for the prayer but I have been working a lot but I still try to do the prayers on time unless I cannot because of work. In between prayers I still try to talk to Allah (swt) and keep Him in my thoughts throughout the day. In return I see little favors here and there from Allah. I think it might be a sign to continue on this path because I havent officially converted yet. I have two questions for everyone here, 1) How was your first time praying and 2) Are there any detailed guide on how to preform salat? The guides I have found so far either dont have the words I need to say for prayer or it doesnt list when I should say them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
08-26-2012, 12:46 AM
ma shaa Allah.. that's wonderful ...
each prayer is made differently.. I'll post for you fajr on the account it is only two raka3as:

جوري
08-26-2012, 12:53 AM
tashahud is slightly different from how I make it.. perhaps it is a madhab thing.. however I think it is good to start small and work your way in shaa Allah..
I must admit I envy men a bit being able to pray in congregation.. I seldom go to the mosque.. when I do pray outside at a mall (in Arabic countries) seeings sisters there praying really fills me with joy... it feels like we're bound by at least one thing - it feels like solidarity that can't sometimes be achieved outside of religious folds.. like in politics or ideology or social structure etc.

MustafaMc
08-26-2012, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by منوة الخيال
tashahud is slightly different from how I make it.. perhaps it is a madhab thing..
This video is exactly how I pray except for the very ending of the tashahud recited silently while sitting. I think this last part is an optional supplication. Note that the parts said while bowing, prostrating and sitting are all silent.
however I think it is good to start small and work your way in shaa Allah..
Absolutely correct.
it feels like we're bound by at least one thing - it feels like solidarity that can't sometimes be achieved outside of religious folds.. like in politics or ideology or social structure etc.
This is how I felt during hajj.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MustafaMc
08-26-2012, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by voomie
A few days ago I decided to pray for the first time and I felt amazing afterwards. I didnt know the proper words for prayer but it felt so right being able to connect to Allah (swt) like that. I am still trying to find out the proper words for the prayer but I have been working a lot but I still try to do the prayers on time unless I cannot because of work. In between prayers I still try to talk to Allah (swt) and keep Him in my thoughts throughout the day. In return I see little favors here and there from Allah. I think it might be a sign to continue on this path because I havent officially converted yet.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah for guidance to the Straight Way. I advise you to not hesitate to take your shahadah or testimony of faith. As the sister above suggested take the adopting of Islam slow as the transition can be overwhelming.

جوري
08-26-2012, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I think this last part is an optional supplication
I make optional supplication during sujood, and leave tashahud as this:

Tashahhud: what one says in the sitting position in prayer (52) ‘At-tahiyyat is for Allah. All acts of worship and good deeds are for Him. Peace and the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you O Prophet. Peace be upon us and all of Allah’s righteous servants. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.’ At-tahiyyat: all words which indicate the glorification of Allah. His eternal existence, His perfection and His sovereignty. (52) At-Taĥīyātu Lillāhi Wa Aş-Şalawātu Wa Aţ-Ţayyibātu, As-Salāmu `Alayka 'Ayyuhā An-Nabīyu Wa Raĥmatu Allāhi Wa Barakātuhu, As-Salāmu `Alaynā Wa `Alá `Ibādika Aş-Şāliĥīna. 'Ash/hadu 'An Lā 'Ilāha 'Illā Al-Lhu, Wa 'Ash/hadu 'Anna Muĥammadāan `Abduhu Wa Rasūluhu.

التَّحِيَّاتُ للهِ وَالصَّلَوَاتُ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ، السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ وَرَحْمَةُ اللَّهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ، السَّلامُ عَلَيْنَا وَعَلَى عِبَادِكَ الصَّالِحِيْنَ. أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لا إِلَهََ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ، وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً عَبْدُه ُُ وَرَسُوْلُهُ.
23. Prayers upon the Prophet r after the tashahhud .23الصلاة على النبي صلى اللَّه عليه وسلم بعد التشهد
(53) ‘O Allah, send prayers upon Muhammad and the followers of Muhammad, just as You sent prayers upon Ibraheem and upon the followers of Ibraheem. Verily, You are full of praise and majesty. O Allah, send blessings upon Mohammad and upon the family of Muhammad, just as You sent blessings upon Ibraheem and upon the family of Ibraheem. Verily, You are full of praise and majesty.’ send prayers: praise and exalt him in the highest and superior of gatherings: that of the closest angels to Allah. (al) has been translated in it’s broadest sense: some scholars are of the view that the meaning here is more specific and that it means: his r followers from among his family. (53) Al-Lahumma Şalli `Alá Muĥammadin Wa `Alá 'Āli Muĥammadin, Kamā Şallayta `Alá 'Ibrāhīma, Wa `Alá 'Āli 'Ibrāhīma 'Innaka Ĥamīdun Majīdun Al-Lahumma Bārik `Alá Muĥammadin Wa `Alá 'Āli Muĥammadin, Kamā Bārakta `Alá 'Ibrāhīma Wa `Alá 'Āli 'Ibrāhīma, 'Innaka Ĥamīdun Majīdun.

(53) اللَّهمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّد، ٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّد، ٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيْمَ، إِنَّكَ حَمِيْد ٌ مَجِيْد، ٌ اللَّهمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَى مُحَمَّد، ٍ وَعَلَى آلِ مُحَمَّد، ٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَى إِبْرَاهِيْمَ وَعَلَى آلِ إِبْرَاهِيْمَ، إِنّ

http://transliteration.org/quran/du%...0Tashahhud.htm

The story of how tashahud itself came to be from Israa and Miraj is absolutely a stunning story.. those aren't random words we say just because.. there's a story behind them...

and Allah swt knows best,

:w:

جوري
08-26-2012, 04:36 AM
So Prophet Mauhammad (pbuh) rose into the presence of Allah SWT, and it is described that between him and Allah SWT was one veil.
Prophet Mauhammad (pbuh) then thought, “I’ve come to the Creator, and I didn’t bring a gift? What could I bring Him? He owns everything!”
So Prophet Mauhammad (pbuh) said to Allah SWT:
At Tahiyyaatu lilaahi was Salawaatu wat tayibaatu”
All greetings, blessings and good acts are from You, my Lord.
Then Allah SWT responded:
“As Salaamu ‘alaika ayyuhan nabiyyu wa rahmatul laahi wa barakaatuh”
Greetings to you, O Prophet, and the mercy and blessings of Allah.”
The Malaikat then said:
“As Salaamu ‘alainaa wa ‘alaa ‘ebaadillaahis saaliheen,”
Peace be unto us, and unto the righteous servants of Allah.

Prophet Mauhammad (pbuh) then said:
“Ash hadu allaa ilaah ilallaah
Wa ash hadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhuu wa rasuuluh”
I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah.
And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger.
This is the conversation that we Muslims recite in our Salat daily, that Allah SWT had with the beloved Prophet at such great closeness. Not many people realize its great significance

http://themuslimvoice.wordpress.com/.../30/tashahhud/

Can't find the original I read but it is similar to the one on this blog..& that's how tashahud came to be..

and Allah swt knows best

voomie
09-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I ended up finding a book on Amazon (mashallah) that has been very helpful. It starts of with teaching you a few phrases and works your way up til you are able to recite the full prayer. I am waiting on my shahada til I finish reading the Quran and improve my prayer so I will feel comfortable praying in the mosque inshallah.

Muhammad
09-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Dear voomie,

Taking your shahadah takes priority above all else. Improving your prayer and other acts of worship can come gradually afterwards. If you firmly believe in Allaah (swt) as being the One true God and that Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him, was His last and final Messenger, then you must take the shahadah without delay. You do not need to wait for anything else.

Riana17
09-11-2012, 07:38 AM
May Allah guide you to the right path till end of your life in this world, Ameeeeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!